We work without days off and holidays
Cervical osteochondrosis: symptoms and treatment
Cervical osteochondrosis: symptoms and treatment
Rarely, who is now not facing the manifestations of this widespread illness: according to statistics, about 60% of the population in developed countries is suffering in varying degrees from the manifestations of osteochondrosis. The main reasons for so widespread - sitting and lack of motion of a modern person.
Previously, the cervical osteochondrosis in men usually manifested itself, starting from 45-50 years old, in women - a little later - 50-55 years. But now there is a rapid rejuvenation: a typical picture - noticeable signs of the disease in 30-year-olds, not rare cases and the appearance of the first symptoms in 20 years.
Read more ...
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine: symptoms
In the early stages, the disease is practically not manifested by painful symptoms: you can feel unpleasant sensations in the neck after a large physical activity or long-term seating in a stress pose, after a sharp movement or tilt of the head.
The main symptoms are headache, dizziness and coordination disruption, light crunch when head moving, general weakness; It is less likely to have a weakness of the hands, numbness of the tongue and a violation of speech, problems with breathing, vision, hearing, increased sweating, abnormally high blood pressure. The main zones are headings, neck, collar zone. In most cases, only a few of the listed signs of the disease are simultaneously observed.
In general, the symptoms of osteochondrosis is not obvious, they often disguises the use of painkillers. This consists of one of its dangers: most of the symptoms are also possible with other pathologies, which makes it difficult to diagnose the cervical osteochondrosis.
Read more ...
Symptoms in women
Features of the female organism allow you to detect signs of illness at earlier stages, as they manifest themselves fast enough, especially from 45 to 65 years. In addition, there are a number of "backup" symptoms, which women are more often expressed in more often or brighter:
- sharp jumps of pressure
- Skin sinusiness
- Skin numbers accompanied by tingling
Osteochondrose development stages
In the development of the cervical osteochondrosis, it is customary to allocate 4 stages. But this is a fairly conditional division, since most symptoms of the disease can manifest itself in other pathologies. In addition, the real degree of degradation of the tissues of the cervical vertebral column may not correspond to the externally manifested symptoms.
First Stage (Preclinical)
At the initial stage, the symptoms are weakly pronounced and they are often attributed to stress or other diseases. There is an unpleasant stiffness in the neck, pain with sharp movements or slopes. At this stage, it is quite possible to get rid of the emerging osteochondrosis with the help of medical gymnastics or just to move more, adjust the power.
Pains are enhanced, become permanent, with sharp turns or inclons are already strong. Strong headaches appear, the patient begins to get tired quickly, it becomes scattered, periodically neglected areas of the face.
The formation of the hernia of disks often causes dizziness, weakness of the hands, the pain puts in the back of the head and hands is constantly felt in the shoulders.
In the end, intervertebral discs are destroyed, they are replaced by a connective tissue. Nerves are pinching, which leads to difficulties in motion, acute pain, dizziness, appear noise in the ears.
Causes and risk factors
Oddly enough, the possibility of the development of osteochondrosis in humans is due to one of its evolutionary advantages - straightening: the vertebrae is put on each other, and with age connecting tissue degrades. As a result, the elderly is an almost inevitable process. But there are many factors contributing to the earlier and intensive development of the cervical osteochondrosis:
- First of all, it is a sedentary and a sedentary lifestyle, often observed in modern life (office workers, drivers and other "sitting" specialty, TV, long hours at a computer), lack of physical exertion
- Tense, unnatural postures in the process of work: for example, by a computer, a person often leans forward, taking a tense pose
- The opposite reason is too high, unusual load for this man; But in the risk zone - even trained athletes, such as rods;
- Any causes that violate the natural man's posture: uncomfortable shoes, especially on high heels, unsuccessful posture with sleep, flatfoot, rheumatism, scoliosis;
- Excess weight, which is often caused by improper nutrition
- Frequent stress, strong nervous voltage, permanent overwork
- Local supercooling
Read more ...
What is dangerous cervical osteochondrosis
In the area of the neck, many vital vessels, arteries, capillaries are concentrated, so any violations there may have unpleasant consequences, including oxygen fasting, hypertension, vegetual dystonia.
The cervical osteochondrosis affects the spinal segments, controlling the work of the shoulder and elbow joints, the thyroid gland, hands and other organs. Under osteochondrosis, if it is not treated, the likelihood of nerves pinched, squeezing the vessels, which inevitably affects the work of other organs.
To which doctor to turn
The symptoms of the osteochondrosis of the cervical department are usually poorly expressed, especially at the initial stage, in addition, almost all of them are also characteristic and other pathologies: in such conditions it is best to contactTherapist.
which will analyze your complaints, will inspect and direct to the diagnosis and to a more highly specialized specialist -Neurologist
Who will continue to conduct treatment depends on the stage of the disease and the disruptions found in the diagnosis. For example, when forming hernia or disk displacement, it may be necessary to help the traumatologist. Massage and LFC, physiotherapy - non-surgical treatment methods, in severe cases, the patient is sent to the surgeon.
Since the symptoms of osteochondrosis are poorly expressed and often intersects with other pathologies, the primary inspection is better to hold the therapist or other specialist - the neurologist, orthopedic. It will ask you about pain and other symptoms, check the neck of the neck, skin condition, balance, reflexes.
If the primary diagnosis of "neck osteochondrosis" is supplied, the doctor will continue to send you to additional research. The most effective of them is MRI, then - computed tomography. X-ray studies compared to the first two are much less effective, especially with a launched disease. The condition of soft tissues is checked by ultrasound. If a doctor has a suspicion of damage to blood vessels, you can be directed to duplex scanning of blood vessels.
Since some symptoms intersect with signs of angina and ischemic heart disease, you may need to consult a cardiologist who will send you to ECG and echocardiography.
How to treat cervical osteochondrosis
Real, stable success in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis can be achieved only with an integrated approach, which includes drugs, collar zone massage, medicinal gymnastics, physiotherapy. In particularly launched cases, surgical intervention may be required. Naturally, the patient must exclude or minimize factors contributing to the development of the disease: to move more, it is better to eat, etc.
We urgently do not advise to resort to self-treatment, first of all due to the fact that the symptoms of osteochondrosis can mean a completely different disease: not only that the drugs you choose will not help in treatment, they can still damage. Even with pain exacerbations, do not rush to the pharmacy for anesthetic - it is better to sign on the reception to the doctor, and even better - do it in advance at first symptoms.
Osteochondrosis, especially in the later stages, is accompanied by severe pain, so the first task of the attending physician is to facilitate your suffering. He will appoint you painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs, vitamins, chondroprotectors for the restoration of cartilage tissues, medicines for improving blood circulation and reduce muscle spasm.
In this article, we intentionally do not give the names of specific drugs - their choice is better to provide doctors, which will take into account all possible consequences and appreciate contraindications.
Medical gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis
The easiest and most affordable, including at home, the method is therapeutic gymnastics. At the same time, it is also quite effective, as it strengthens the neck muscles, restores blood circulation in damaged areas, compensate for the lack of movement in ordinary life. Therapeutic physical culture can be supplemented with swimming, aquaigimnastics.
There are many techniques, including using simulators: Most of them do not require special equipment or some special conditions, but we advise you to contact the LFC Cabinet, where you will select the most effective exercise complexes and will hold classes under the guidance of an experienced specialist.
Read more ...
The correct and continuous use of physiotherapeutic methods contributes to improved blood circulation in damaged areas, decrease in inflammation and pain, slows down the process of ossification.
Under osteochondrosis of the cervical department, electrophoresis, magnetotherapy, laser therapy, shock-wave therapy, healing baths and shower, mud and other methods are used.
Neck massage at osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
With osteochondrosis, the massage can be very effective: it improves blood circulation, reduces the likelihood of spasms by reducing the tone of muscles, facilitates pain symptoms and improves the overall health of the patient.
But the massage and manual therapy should be used extremely carefully, since the inept and coarse effect on patients can only harm. We strongly advise first to consult a doctor.
In particularly launched cases, even surgery is not excluded: the narrowing of the spinal column's lumen, the formation of the hernia of intervertebral discs, during spondylolistera.
The decision on the need and method of surgical intervention takes the surgeon, it also determines the preparatory operations, the duration of the postoperative period and rehabilitation.
Possible complications and consequences
In the area of the neck there are many nerve endings and blood vessels that directly affect the operation of other parts of the body: if not to treat the cervical osteochondrosis, this can lead to an increase in the set of other diseases:
- Migraine - It is in the area of the neck of a vertebral artery that delivers blood into the brain: another narrowing leads to strong headaches.
- Vision vision - Through the neck there are a sleepy and vertebral artery, responsible for the supply of blood organs: the compression of nerve roots and vessels leads to a decrease in vision.
Read more ...
The cervical osteochondrosis refers to diseases, fully heal that is unlikely, but with the help of a variety of techniques you can slow down the development of the disease and significantly ease the life of the patient. Naturally, with a launched disease, it is impossible to give some solid forecasts.
Prevention of cervical osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervical department - the disease, the negative impact of which, with proper and timely prevention, can be minimized. It is necessary to think about his prevention in childhood: a disorder of posture, a flatfoot in a child - a reason to consult a doctor for diagnostics.
The basis for the prevention of osteochondrosis is the correct lifestyle: reasonable physical exertion and periodic loads during sedentary work, healthy nutrition, body weight control.
Read more ...
In the medical center, Semashko employs experienced and qualified neurologists:
The cervical osteochondrosis is a nutritional disorders and gradual destruction of cervical vertebrae. The violation is manifested by pain in the neck, which gives in shoulders, hands and head. In the absence of treatment, the neck osteochondrosis progresses and is accompanied by not only strong spasms, dizziness may appear, numbness numbers, noise in the ears caused by the pinching of the vessels.
We have prepared material for anyone who faced the problem of the cervical osteochondrosis and wants to cure it at home.
The cervical osteochondrosis is a disease of modernity. The main causes of its appearance is a sedentary lifestyle. This causes an increased burden on the cervical department, under the influence of which spasm arises in the muscles, which worsens blood circulation. Power processes that are associated with blood movement in the cervical department are violated, the structure of intervertebral disks and joints between the vertebrae changes. Over time, bone growths are formed on the cervical vertices, it reduces the mobility of the cervical, causes pain and numbness of the shoulder belt.
Among other causes of the occurrence of the cervical osteochondrosis, you can allocate:
- posture disorders;
- Increased body weight;
- constant spin voltage during operation (drivers, office staff);
- increased physical exertion;
- Spine injuries.
You can detect the presence of a cervical osteochondrosis in the early stages, as with minor changes in the structure of the cervical vertebrae, a person can already feel discomfort. Over time, the effect of degenerative changes is enhanced. As a result of the manifestation of the cervical osteochondrosis, it is possible to divide into the following stages:
- Minor pain in the neck can be intensified while moving head.
- The pain is enhanced, can give in shoulders or hands. Accompanied by weakness, scattered, headache.
- Painful sensations are of permanent character, numbness is added.
- There are attacks of severe dizziness with the noise in the ears, dark spots before the eyes, a violation of coordination, the numbness of the tongue, a decrease in vision.
Disorders in the cervical spine are very dangerous, since the nervous root of the spinal cord and the arteries responsible for the nutrition of the brain occurs. When signs of cervical osteochondrosis are found, it is important to start treatment rather.
Conservative therapy in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis shows high efficiency. All its events can be made at home with the permission of the doctor.
Treatment is aimed at:
- Removing the load from the spine;
- elimination of pain;
- removal of muscle contractures;
- preventing further changes in the tissues surrounding the cervical vertebrae;
- elimination of numbness;
- Normalization of sleep.
To achieve the objectives of treatment from the cervical osteochondrosis, three directions are based on: treatment with natural materials and animal components (herbs, eggs, animal fats), massage and physiothereders.
For the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis at home, you can use vegetable and animal raw materials purchased in a pharmacy or assembled independently. But since a large number of components of natural origin are allergens, it is important to make sure of the absence of an allergic reaction before using any popular recipe.
Mix 300 ml of medical alcohol, 10 ml of iodine, 10 pre-crushed analgin tablets, 10 ml of camphor alcohol. In the resulting solution, wet the fabric and make the compresses on the sore plot until the pain will pass. If there are wounds or inflammation on the skin, it is necessary to refuse the compression.
Stit on the grater 1 potato and add 2 tbsp of liquid honey to it. It is important that in honey there are no crystalline, otherwise they can cause a burn of fabrics. Lay out the crawl into a thin fabric and apply to the cervical.
The kidneys for the preparation of the means are collected in early May, when their size reaches only 2 cm. Collected kidneys cut into rings, fall asleep with sugar in proportion 1: 2 and insist in a dark place for 2 weeks. As a result, the mixture should get a golden brown and a rich spruce smell. Take it inside 3 times a day on a teaspoon. We need to hold the mixture in the mouth for 2 minutes. Reception rate - 2-3 weeks.
The root of the kreno is rubbed on the grater, after which the cashis is pressed to produce juice. It is mixed with alcohol in proportion 1: 1. The resulting mixture is trimmed with a cervical zone where strong pain is felt, but without affecting areas under which lymph nodes are located.
Loading 50 g of ginger root and 3 cloves of garlic, add 3 tbsp of butter. Rub into problem areas.
Take 250 g of pine or spruce needles, pour 1 l of cold water, boil for half an hour. Take 2 times a day after half an hour after eating with a break of 8 hours. Reception rate - 1 month.
For the preparation you need dried roots dandelion. They are crushed in an amount of 15 g, 250 ml of hot water poured and withstand 15 minutes in a water bath. Then the decoction is allowed to cool for 50 minutes, flickering, diluted with water so that it turns out 250 ml. Take 3 times a day before meals 75 ml.
Used to remove pain, not apply if there is inflammations on the neck. Sattail the radish on a shallow grater, put it on a piece of fabric and cover with another piece of fabric from above. Attach the compress to the neck and fix the food film. The radish juice causes a warming effect and a feeling of burning, keep the compress until the feeling of burning is tolerant.
Mix 15 g of honey and large salt. Put on a soft, natural fabric. Apply the compress to the neck, close the paper and lock the scarf. Repeat daily before bedtime until the pain appears.
Also, for the effective treatment of the cervical osteochondrosis, it is worth organizing the right bed. The surface must be moderately rigid, under the head lay a small, soft pillow, and under the neck - a bag with sand or a special roller.
It is important to pull the cervical vertebrae and the neck muscles, so hang on the horizontal bar 2 times a day.
Include in the diet products rich in vitamin B. It is contained in pineapples, dried fruits, cranberries, potatoes, spinach, green peas, garlic, almost all meat products, but especially in beef and chicken offal. Many vitamin B in Tunz, Gorbosha, Mixed and Sturge. Eggs, seeds and nuts contain vitamin B. You can also take the pharmacy vitamins of the group B, but only after consulting the doctor.
An independent kneading neck will help to strengthen blood circulation and thereby ensure the necessary nutrition of the tissues, the massing warns the deposition of salts, relieves pain, relaxes the muscles.
Performing self-massage from the cervical osteochondrosis:
- Sit on a chair or other moderately a rigid surface to be able to keep your back smoothly.
- Pump one leg to another. Put the elbow to your feet so as to touch the fingers of the back surface of the neck.
- Put the fingers of another hand on the back of the head.
- Perform smooth, light rubbing, kneading and finally stroking the movements with the pillows of the fingers on the nape, rear and side surfaces of the neck. All movements are performed slowly and without strong pressure. Duration 8-10 minutes.
The implementation of therapeutic physical education is a prerequisite in the effective treatment of cervical osteochondrosis. The main objective of the FFC is to increase the mobility of the patient's cervical vertebrae, enhancing the hydration of intervertebral discs, which makes it easier to move the neck and remove the pain syndrome. Before performing the exercises, consult your doctor, it will help you choose the optimal scheme and time.
It is forbidden during the LFC strongly bend the neck or make active rotation head, only a light hint of such movements will be correct. Despite the seeming simplicity, this method of treating the cervical osteochondrosis has proven its effectiveness. All exercises pass painlessly, do not cause dizziness and contribute to the activation of the supply of the damaged area.
This simple adaptation to perform an acupuncture of the house showed high efficiency in the treatment and removal of the symptoms of the cervical osteochondrosis. Due to the action of the smallest needles of the applicator, the circulation is activated at the point of exposure, removed painful syndrome. To treat the cervical osteochondrosis, you will need an applicator in the shape of a roller. It is put under the neck and pressed for 30 minutes or fixed with a strap. At this time you will feel warm, and after pain will disappear. The procedure is performed every day for 30 minutes for 3 weeks, after which the break is 1 week.
Such a means have and contraindications. The Kuznetsov applicator does not apply during pregnancy, oncology, epilepsy, skin diseases at the place of exposure, hemophilia, the heavy form of cardiovascular failure.
The cervical osteochondrosis is the gradual destruction of the spine. This problem has irreversible consequences and does not give to live familiar life. Therefore, its treatment needs to be given time, and it is important to do in different directions. Massage, LFC, acupuncture - All this allows you to remove the clips from the muscles, strengthen the blood supply in the cervical department, to smoke intervertebral discs so that they are not deformed, but stretched and filled with moisture. Especially in order to achieve all these goals, a home exercise equipment was developed.
This is a system of frame with handles and rollers. All rollers have different diameter, the largest among which is an active roller has a directed impact on problem areas. You simply install it in the place where the most impact is required, in this case in the neck area, go to the simulator with your back, fix it with your hands for the handle and perform the swaying movements back and forth. It is enough 10 minutes a day to achieve the desired therapeutic effect. Especially for the treatment of the cervical osteochondrosis, a roller with wooden spikes is added to the set of antics, which perform acupuncture function.
When classes on the simulator, a soft stretch of the entire spine occurs, the blood circulation in the cervical department increases, clips from the muscles are shot. Together with the cervical department, there is a massage of the entire spine and the occipital zone.
For the manufacture of the simulator, natural oak and ash wood is used, the design withstands high loads and is suitable for people with a large body weight. Also varies the length of different models so that you can buy a simulator on your height.
Depending on the degree of cervical osteochondrosis, it will take 2 months on the restoration. As a result, pain disappear, normal blood circulation will be restored, it will take dizziness and generally improve the physical condition of the whole organism.
Briefly about the advantages of the historics:
- Massage, acupuncture and leaps with one simulator;
- Suitable for the treatment of all the problems of the back;
- Made of durable wood, easy and compact;
- easy to use;
- Suitable for the whole family.
The spine is the inner rod of the body, from which the state of your body depends. Pay attention to his health with the extension simulator to keep well-being and mobility for many years.
With the wishes of health
Your Drevmass team
Request a call
The cervical osteochondrosis is a chronic dystrophic disease at which there is a thinning of the discs located between the vertebrae followed by the substitution of their bone tissue. As progressing in the degenerative process, surrounding structures are involved. This is the cause of the development of a whole complex of symptoms, which completely subordinate to the patient's life.
Intervertebral discs consist of a gel kernel and the surround of its dense fibrous ring coated on top of the layer of cartilage tissue. They perform an amortizing function, preventing damage to the vertebrae when running, walking and jumping, and also contribute to the mobility and flexibility of the entire spinal column.
In the process of natural aging, as well as in an increased load, there is a gradual decrease in the height of the intervertebral disk. The metabolism in its core is disturbed, cracks appear in the surrounding fibrous ring. Disks - protrusions and hernia appear. As the disease progresses, a cartilaginous tissue and bones are involved in it, osteophytes occur - bone growths that cause limitation of mobility and severe pain syndrome.
Since pathological changes are in close proximity to the spinal cord and its roots, this leads to their compression and inflammation, as well as the reflex development of muscle spasm. As a result, a person experiences characteristic symptoms for which the disease can be suspected.Make an appointment
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine refers to multifactorial diseases. It arises against the background of a whole complex of factors, each of which aggravates the course of pathology. The list of reasons includes:
- excess body weight;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- sedentary work;
- irregular posture;
- chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system (scoliosis, flatfoot), which contribute to the uneven distribution of the load on the spine;
- congenital pathology of the spinal column, as well as injuries;
- excessive, repetitive loading loads;
- Hereditary predisposition.
Symptoms and syndromes
The symptoms of the cervical osteochondrosis appear far from immediately and, often, are masked for other diseases.
The most frequent features include:
- Dizziness: As a rule, with osteochondrosis, it is systemic, i.e. It seems to man that the surrounding items rotate before his eyes;
- Pain in the field of the nape, neck, collar zone: its intensity depends on the degree of development of the disease; Easy and episodic at an early stage, it applies to the whole head and becomes permanent; Periodically, the attacks become unbearable, as a result of which a person cannot even move his head;
- Noise or ringing in ears: occur when a position change after a long period of immobility, often accompanied by dizziness;
- feeling of lack of air, the inability to take a deep breath; In severe cases, severe shortness of breath is developing;
- Nausea and vomiting: are associated with blood circulation disorders in certain zones of the brain, increase when trying to turn the head;
- Reducing the sharpness of vision, flickering of flies or fog in front of the eyes: indicate an insufficient supply of brain blood; occur during the launched stages of the disease;
- blood pressure fluctuations that are poorly corrected by drugs;
- Sudden fainting due to vessel spasms;
- Feeling lumps in the throat, perfense, dryness, problems with swallowing: often are one of the first signs of pathology.
- Pain in the shoulder joint
- numbers of fingers
In addition to the general signs of the cervical osteochondrosis, several syndromes are distinguished characteristic of this disease.
The symptom complex is associated with the damage to the bones and the cartilage of the spinal column. It includes:
- violation of mobility in the cervical department;
- pain when turning heads;
- X-ray signs of damage to the vertebrals themselves and space between them.
Syndrome of the vertebral artery
Symptoms are due to the narrowing or spasm of vertebral arteries, partially responsible for the blood supply to the brain. Manifested by the following features:
- noise in ears;
- blood pressure jumps;
- nausea and vomiting;
- reduced performance;
Reminds the condition when damaged the heart muscle and includes:
- pain or sensation of burning sternum;
- weakness and fatigue;
- rapid pulse.
The condition is associated with the damage (squeezing or pinching) of nervous roots coming from the spinal column in the cervical department. Depending on the level of defeat, a person can feel:
- numbness or acute pain;
- numbness of the language;
- pain in the clavicle, difficulty swallowing, IKOT;
- discomfort in the shoulder area, amplifying with the movements of the hands;
- soreness in the field of blades and forearm;
- numbness of index and middle fingers;
- numbness of the nameless finger and the mother's.
Most often, several nerve roots are involved in the pathological process, as a result of which several characteristic symptoms are immediately observed.
In the development process, the neck osteochondrosis passes four consecutive stages (degrees), which determine the severity of symptoms and the general condition of the patient.
- 1 stage. The thickness of the intervertebral disks is slightly reduced. The symptoms are practically absent, sometimes light discomfort in the neck occurs, for example, with a long stay in an uncomfortable posture.
- 2 stage. The height of the disk becomes even smaller, the pathological growth of the cartilage tissue begins, protrusions (protrusion) occur. The pain becomes stronger, it is joined by stiffness in the cervical department.
- 3 stage. The fibrous ring surrounding the kernel of the disk is broken, an intervertebral hernia is formed. The vertebral pillar is noticeably deformed, the risk of dislocations and the vertebrae subscriptions increases. The pain acquires a constant nature, other symptoms of osteochondrosis are joined.
- 4 stage. In the spinal column there are irreversible changes: bone expansions appear, the intervertebral disk is replaced by a scar tissue and loses the ability to amortize the load. Symptoms become pronounced and have a significant impact on the patient's lifestyle and his well-being. The quality of life is reduced.
In search of causes of pain or dizziness, the patient can contact the doctors of various specialties: therapist, cardiologist, gastroenterologist, neurologist. For the diagnosis of osteochondrosis requires an integrated examination in which:
- Radiography and computed tomography: Effective only in late stages of the development of the disease, when changes become well noticeable;
- Magnetic resonance imaging: due to the high degree of visualization, it allows you to see even initial changes; Currently, is the main diagnostic method;
- Duplex scanning of the arteries of the head and neck: allows you to evaluate the quality of blood flow, identify the narrowing of the vessels; Used to determine the causes of headaches and dizziness.
In mandatory, the patient's examination is carried out and the patient's inspection, the determination of the diseases of the disease and the degree of mobility of the spinal column, the quality of reflexes is estimated. For differential diagnosis with other diseases with similar symptoms, it can be assigned:
- ECG, ultrasound of the heart;
- daily monitoring of ECG and blood pressure;
- radiography of the chest organs;
- Consultations of narrow specialists: Cardiologist, Laura.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis requires an integrated approach and includes:
- drug impact;
- Medical physical education;
The main goal of drug treatment: relieve pain and dizziness, restore the normal functioning of nerve roots, as well as to stop or slow down the destruction of cartilage tissue. Depending on the situation, assigned:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (meloxicami, diclofenac, nimesulide, etc.): aimed at removing pain syndrome and inflammation; Used in the form of tablets, injections, ointments, patches;
- Steroid preparations (hydrocortisone, dexamethasone): also used to remove inflammation in the ineffectiveness of the NSAID;
- Miorlaxants (Middokalm): drugs that eliminate reflex muscle spasms, due to which the pain decreases and the blood circulation is reduced;
- Vitamins of group B in the form of injection or tableted preparations (Milgamma, neuromulititis): contribute to the improvement of nerve impulses;
- sedatives with severe pain syndrome to improve sleep and reduce the emotional component of pain;
- Non-eights when pinning a nervous root;
- Chondroprotectors: drugs that contribute to the restoration of cartilage tissue.
Depending on the symptoms, it can also be assigned tools for improving microcirculation in brain vessels, drugs that block nausea and dizziness, etc.
Non-drug treatment methods are used outside exacerbation. Depending on the clinical situation, uses:
- laser therapy;
- UHF therapy;
- phonophoresis and electrophoresis;
- manual therapy;
Non-drug treatment helps to reduce the severity of symptoms and reduces the frequency and force of exacerbations. It acts indirectly:
- improves blood supply to the affected area, metabolism and regeneration processes;
- enhances the effects of drugs;
- helps to strengthen muscle frame and stabilization of the spinal column;
- Reduces the load on vertebrals;
- Eliminates muscle spasms and blocks.
Assistance of surgeons is necessary in the neglected cases of the disease, when drug methods are already ineffective. Currently used several operations:
- Surgical removal of the hernia disk (microdisquectomy, endoscopic or transfaste);
- Laminectomy: removal of spiny processes or arms of the vertebrae, due to which the load on the spinal cord root is reduced;
- Nucleoplasty: elimination of hernia by removing part of the kernel of the intervertebral disk.
It is important to remember that only the doctor can decide how to treat osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. The scheme is made individually taking into account the stage of the disease, concomitant pathologies and the individual characteristics of the patient's body.
Osteochondrosis causes violation of the work of the most important structures: blood vessels and nerves. Without treatment, the disease can lead to the following complications:
- ischemic stroke;
- loss of sensitivity or motor function hand;
- difficulty swallowing;
- Disruption of the thyroid gland;
- Loss or a significant reduction in visual acuity.
In addition, the defeat of intervertebral discs and joints leads to a significant limitation of the mobility of the neck.
If you pay attention to the prevention of the cervical osteochondrosis, even if there are already existing changes, their progression will slow down. Doctors recommend:
- lead an active lifestyle, not allow hypodynamies;
- minimize or eliminate weight lifting;
- sleep on an orthopedic mattress and pillow;
- Regularly make a workout if you need long work at the computer.
Perfect sport with osteochondrosis - swimming. Water unloads a vertebral pole, and active movements contribute to the formation of a muscular frame.
Treatment in the Clinic "Health Energy"
The doctors of the Health Energy Clinic offer their patients with complex treatment techniques for cervical osteochondrosis, including:
- consultations of the vertebrol;
- Modern dosses for pain relief and facilitate state;
- medication blocks for rapid pain relief;
- effective types of physiotherapy;
- exercises of the LFC under the supervision of an experienced instructor, the development of a complex for household sessions;
- consulting a rehabilitologist;
- Services of the manual therapist if necessary.
Advantages of the clinic
"Health Energy" is a modern medical center, equipped in accordance with modern standards. We do everything so that every patient can pass a full diagnosis and comprehensive treatment in the same clinic. At your service:
- high-quality equipment;
- experienced staff;
- Own day hospital;
- comfortable cabinets;
- receiving by appointment;
- Convenient parking.
If the neck began to disturb you periodically, do not tighten with a visit to the neurologist. Sign up for a consultation in the clinic "Health Energy".
Osteochondrosis of the neck is a degenerative disease in which literally "premature aging", "wear" of intervertebral discs, joints, vertebrae in the cervical spinal column.
Some facts about the disease:
- Osteochondrosis of the neck occurs in men and women approximately equally often.
- Most often people at the age of 30-60 years old.
- As a rule, pathology occurs in people who have to be constantly in one position and make monotonous movements.
- The cervical spine has some features of the structure, due to which the disease can have many different manifestations.
What features of the cervical spine determine the symptoms of osteochondrosis?
- In the side processes of the vertebrae there are holes - through them on the right and on the left are the carotid arterys that blood supply to the brain.
- In the cervical department, the initial part of the spinal cord is undergoing - it has fibers that carry nerve impulses to all parts of the body, provide movement, sensitivity. If there is a squeezing of the spinal cord in the neck area, neurological disorders arise in the whole body.
- This vertebral post department has great mobility, and this predisposes to the emergence of osteochondrosis (although, in most cases, the disease still develops in the lumbar department - it not only has high mobility, but also experiences the greatest loads).
- In the area of the neck of the intervertebral holes, the nerve roots forming the cervical and shoulder nerve plexuses come out. They are responsible for movement in the muscles of neck, hands, shoulder belts, skin sensitivity, regulation of vegetative functions.
- The first vertebra does not have an anterior massive part - the body - it is a bone ring that is put on tooth - the bone growing on the second vertebra. Thanks to this, turns of the head to the sides are possible.
Pain in the neck, headaches, a feeling of weakness, numbness in the hands - the symptoms that should be made to turn to a neurologist. Inspection of a specialist and examination on modern equipment will help to deal with the causes of pathology and take the most effective measures.
What happens to vertebrae during cervical osteochondrosis?
The incomprehensible medical term "degenerative process" denotes the following pathological changes occurring in the cervical vertebral column:
- First of all, the defeat with osteochondrosis covers intervertebral discs. They are thinning, thus, the distance between adjacent vertebrae decreases. In their outer part, small gaps are formed, microcracks. Over time, this can lead to the hernia disk.
- As a result of the damage of the disks, the stability of the connection of the vertebrae is disturbed.
- They suffer in osteochondrosis of the cervical and intervertebral joints - spondyltrosis develops. It also contributes to the squeezing of nerve roots.
- The pathological process applies to the vertebral themselves. Due to the fact that the functions of intervertebral discs are disturbed, the load on them increases. The spine tries to compensate for this violation, it has bone grown - osteophytes.
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
During the exacerbation of the osteochondrosis of the cervical vertebrae, stretching (the patient is placed on the bed with a raised headboard and fix the head with the help of a special loop) to unload intervertebral discs. With the same purpose you need to wear a collar of Shagz. To remove pain, painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed. With severe pains that do not pass in any way, the doctor can carry out a blockade: to introduce anesthetic solution to the area of affected nerve roots. Apply physiotherapy: ultrasound treatment, novocaine electrophoresis.
When the aggravity subsides, the treatment of the osteochondrosis of the cervical spine provides massage, therapeutic physical culture, physiotherapy.
Doctors Medical Center "Medicine 24/7" know how to effectively treat osteochondrosis of the cervical department, will provide recommendations that will help prevent the next exacerbation. Our administrators will answer you at any time of the day, contact us by phone +7 (495) 230-00-01 .
One of the main signs of the cervical osteochondrosis is pain in the neck. Many people who collided with this symptom do not apply to the doctor, and prefer to treat "Hondronoz" by home methods. There are at least two weighty reasons to refuse self-medication and consult a specialist doctor.
First, painkillers and folk methods, although they help to relieve pain, do not solve the main problem. Pathological changes in the spinal column continue to grow. Over time, it threatens more serious consequences. Up to what surgical intervention may be required.
Secondly, the pain in the neck occurs not only at osteochondrosis. There are a lot of other reasons. Only a doctor can understand and designate proper treatment.
What symptoms of the osteochondrosis of the cervical spine should make consult a doctor?
The main sign of the cervical osteochondrosis is pain. It can occur in different places, depending on what level the pathological process is localized: in the neck, in the adapter, in hand, in the heart area. By the nature of the pain of stupid, may be burning, noving.
Other manifestations of the disease:
- Headache, dizziness, "flyers in front of their eyes", noise, ringing in the ears.
- Weakness in the muscles of the neck, shoulder belt, hands.
- Sensitivity impairment.
- Shoulder-paint periartrite: Muslim pains in the neck, which are moving on the arm, difficulty with hand leads above 90 °, weakness and atrophy of muscle muscles.
- Shoulder-brush syndrome: the pain in the shoulder and in the brushes, swelling and handoff of the fingers, weakness and atrophy of the muscles of the brush.
- Spinal artery syndrome. The vertebrae appears bone growths that squeeze the nerves, as a result, the reflex spasm of the vertebral artery takes part in the blood supply to the brain. The symptoms of the cervical osteochondrosis are joined by constant headaches, which begin with a nape, spread to the temple, on the topics, nausea, noise in the head, ringing in the ears, flickering of bright spots before your eyes.
- Front staircase muscle syndrome. On the neck there is anterior and middle staircase muscle - they are near, and between them there is a small space in which the nerves, vessels pass. With osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, the front staircase muscle becomes tense and squeezes them, as a result there are such symptoms as pain on the inner surface of the forearm, shoulder, in the fingers. Sometimes the pain puts in the head. The skin of the hand can become cold, pale, numbness occurs.
- Epocondyl syndrome. At the bottom of the shoulder, on the sides of the elbow joint, there are bone protrusions - supermarkets. In the epicondyl syndrome caused by cervical osteochondrosis, they arise pain in them, which are enhanced by pressing. Other symptoms are also arising: pain in the neck, pain when pressed to certain points in the area of the cervical vertebrae.
If two spinal sections are hit at once, with cervical osteochondrosis, symptoms may include painful sensations between the blades in the heart.
When osteochondrosis increases the risk of intervertebral hernia, stroke. If you are experiencing the symptoms that are listed above - consult a doctor.
Treatment of symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis
Self-treatment is better not to do. Even if you have proven ways that usually help cope with pain - this does not mean that you are doing everything right.
The pain can be caused not only by osteochondrosis, but also intervertebral hernia, muscle impairment (myofascial pain syndrome), be a symptom of other diseases. In order to correctly treat the disease, you need to understand its causes, conduct differential diagnosis. This is possible only in the conditions of the clinic.
In order to identify the cause of the disease and properly treat the symptoms of the cervical osteochondrosis, you need to visit the neurologist, to surveys.
Visit the specialist doctor in the Medicine 24/7 Medical Center. Sign up for reception by phone at any time of the day: +7 (495) 230-00-01.
We will call you back
Leave your phone number
The cervical osteochondrosis is based on the lesion of intervertebral discs. Their chemical composition is disturbed, first they swell, then decrease in size, cracks and donkeys appear in their outer part, they are compacted. The degenerative process is then applied to the vertebrae, intervertebral joints. By reducing the height of the intervertebral disc, the load on the vertebrae increases, bone expansions appear on them - osteophytes.
What causes lead to the emergence of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine?
There is no consensus about the causes of the neck osteochondrosis. It is believed that the disease causes different conditions, there are different points of view:
- Age changes of the spine . However, changes on the side of the skeleton are almost all people over 40 years old, just far from all osteochondrosis occurs.
- Injuries of the neck . Often, among the causes of the disease, the suffered injury is indicated: the neck of the neck, a compression fracture, a vertebral submission. Chronic injuries may have the meaning, for example, during intensive workouts in athletes, standing in an uncomfortable posture, bent, repetitive whip injuries from motorists.
- Congenital abnormal abnormalities : cervical ribs, the fighting of neighboring vertebrae, the battle of the first vertebra with the occipital bone, etc.
- Profession . People who work in a monotonous position are most often suffering from the disease, constantly commit the same type.
- Violation of the blood supply of the spine , venous insufficiency, swelling in the field of nerve roots.
- Autoimmune violations . The states under which immunity work is incorrectly, attacks its own connective tissue, bonds of the body.
Visit the neurologist. An experienced specialist will understand the source of your health problems and will appoint proper treatment.
Causes of the exacerbation of the osteochondrosis of the cervical
Osteochondrosis proceeds in the form of alternating exacerbations and periods of improving the status when symptoms stop disturbing. Another exacerbation can be provoked by the following reasons:
- Awkward, sharp movement of the neck.
- Long stay in a single uncomfortable posture. For example, the neck can start to hurt after a long work on the computer, after sleeping on an uncomfortable pillow.
- Stress, nervous overvoltage. In chronic stress in the muscles of the neck there are spasms, it may cause the next exacerbation.
- Various diseases, exacerbation of chronic diseases.
- Supercooling. For this reason, the exacerbation of many people arise in autumn.
- Incorrect, illiterate self-treatment. For example, massage and therapeutic gymnastics are useful during remission, but are contraindicated during exacerbation.
What diseases may have similar manifestations?
Very often, the manifestations of osteochondrosis are actually associated with a completely different disease. For example, the reason may hide in the muscles - there is such a state as myofascial pain syndrome .Pain occurs due to the constant voltage of the same muscles.
Sometimes for the manifestation of "neck osteochondrosis" take dizziness associated with the olitiasis - a state at which crystals of calcium salts accumulate in the inner ear.
In each situation you need to understand individually. A neurologist at the Center "Medicine 24/7" will correctly appreciate your symptoms, prescribes a survey in the required amount, will establish a reliable diagnosis and will recommend effective treatment. Recording recording is carried out around the clock by phone +7 (495) 230-00-01 .
Pain and crunch in the neck, headaches - when these symptoms occur, many people "diagnose" osteochondrosis. Everything is clear - when it hurts, you need to take painkillers or make a collapse, make heat, and everything will pass. Why go to the doctor if you can cope yourself?
However, often self-medication does not lead to anything good. Pain seizures with time can become more frequent, strong, long. If it is uncontrollably to take painkillers almost every day - you can get problems with the stomach or with the kidneys. After all, any medicine has side effects.
Yes, and not always the cause of pain lies in osteochondrosis. In order to learn a real reason and understand how to effectively cope with it, you need to visit the doctor and pass the survey.
How does neurologist diagnose cervical osteochondrosis? What happens in the doctor's office during inspection?
During the first reception, neurologist will ask you some questions:
- How long have you been bothering headaches, pain in the neck?
- In what place there are pain? What are they character: stitching, nuning, shooting, pulling?
- When is the pain usually arise? What provokes it? After that, you get better?
- Have you already visited the doctor? Passed examination and treatment? What? How long ago?
- What other symptoms are bothering you?
- What else do you have chronic diseases?
- Have you recently had neck injuries?
The doctor will then hold a neurological inspection, check your reflexes, skin sensitivity, strength and muscle tone. You will be asked to turn, tilt your head to the sides, forward, backwards. The doctor's foot will click on your head, at certain points in the neck area to determine the occurrence of pain syndrome.
After inspection, you will be diagnosed and prescribed the necessary diagnostic methods.
In the Medical Center "Medicine 24/7" there are experimental doctors-neurologists, the most modern methods of diagnosis are applied. You will quickly and reliably determine the diagnosis, you will prescribe effective treatment methods.
What diagnostic methods are used in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine?
Survey at cervical osteochondrosis typically includes the following diagnostic methods:
- Radiography of the cervical spine.
- According to indications, X-ray-contrast studies are prescribed: myelography (the introduction of contrast into space surrounding the spinal cord), discography (the introduction of contrast to the intervertebral disc), angiography (the introduction of contrast to the vessels).
- CT scan.
- Magnetic resonance imaging.
- With pronounced neurological disorders, you may be prescribed an electronomiography - a study during which the passage of electrical pulses in nerves and muscles determine.
Often the manifestations of the cervical osteochondrosis resemble angina. If, after the doctor, the doctor will have doubts about the diagnosis, you will prescribe ECG and other diagnostic methods.
Among the doctors are a professional proverb, according to which the correct diagnosis is half a successful treatment of the disease. Pass the diagnosis in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine in the center of Neurology "Medicine 24/7" in Moscow. Contact the clinic administrator by phone +7 (495) 230-00-01, we work around the clock .
If strange pains appeared in the cervical department, accompanied by dizziness, rapid fatigue and general weakness, then, most likely, this indicates Osteochondrosis .
It is impossible to treat this pathology.
In the absence of treatment, intervertebral hernia may form.
At the first alarming symptoms, it is necessary to apply a visit to the doctor urgently.
You can only engage in self-medication after the resolution of the neuropathologist.
Neck osteochondrosis: causes and symptoms
Small and very fragile vertebra are located in the cervical . In this area and intervertebral discs do not differ in large sizes. Therefore, the dystrophic process passes in them quite quickly.
If, for example, in the lower back, the intervertebral disk is destroyed for years, then in the cervical department after 6 months it will significantly decrease in its sizes. This process causes the nerve ending of the vertebrae, which leads to painful sensations. In addition, the flexibility of the neck and its motor range decreases.
Possible reasons :
- In the blood and lymfe excessive salts . In the absence of physical exertion, blood flow slows down, which causes accumulation of salts in the joints, in vertebrates, liver and kidneys.
- Irreversible phenomena in cloth cartilage . The deposition of salts leads to the loss of the depreciation properties of the vertebrae. The flexibility of cartilage tissue is also significantly reduced.
- Long stay in an inconvenient position causing overvoltage in the cervical department. The vessels that feed the spine are squeezed out, which will lead to the dystrophy of the cartilage.
- Excess body mass . The muscular frame of the spine is weakening, and intervertebral discs are deformed.
- Metabolic disease .
The cervical osteochondrosis in the initial stage may not be seen at all . Signs appear when pathology takes a launched form. In this case, blood circulation is broken in the brain.
Typical symptoms :
- Pain in the neck and shoulders.
- When turning the head, a crunch is heard.
- Pressure jumps.
- Permanent headache.
- Empty limbs.
- Tingling in the neck area.
In the chronic form of the disease, pain and discomfort are observed constantly. With running pathology, a strong dizziness appears, up to the loss of consciousness.
Treatment at home
For therapy of the cervical osteochondrosis Used complex Mer . Only so, you can prevent the progression of pathology and prevent exacerbations. Methods of treatment should be directed not only to eliminate pain. It is necessary to improve blood circulation, strengthen the ligaments and remove muscle spasms. It is advisable to strengthen immunity and exclude stress.
First of all, it should be removed by pain syndrome to facilitate the state of the person. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can be used. In case of diseases, the gastrointestinal tract is prohibited.
Most patients prefer external means :
|Anti-inflammatory ointment||They quickly remove pain, but only in the first stage of the disease.|
|Glucocorticosteroid drugs||They can remove acute pain syndrome, which is not eliminated by other methods of treatment.|
|Package plasters||Gain popularity. Removes edema and inflammation.|
|Warming and irritant|
Can be used during remission. The basis of such drugs is usually serpentine poison, camphor or burning pepper.
Independent treatment with these drugs requires strict compliance with the instructions. Ointment should be applied at no longer than 3 times a day. . Almost all medicines have a number of contraindications, so the drug should only choose a doctor.
For home treatment is often prescribed Medicinal preparations with glucosamine and chondroitin . They stop degenerative processes. In the initial stage of the disease, they may even restore the cartilage cloth. But drugs have a big draw, they need to take for a long time. To eliminate pain, they are not suitable, as they act very slowly.
Comprehensive treatment is always complemented Means that improve blood circulation and metabolism . You can allocate the most effective: "Actovegin", "Pentoxil", "Trental".
To eliminate muscle spasm used "Middokalm" or "but-shp" .
Naturally, you do not need to forget about vitamin complexes. It is they who possess a soil effect.
Therapeutic gymnastics is not distinguished by a variety and consists of simple exercises That best do immediately after waking up. If dizziness occurs when performing movements, then They need to do sitting .
- Put hands on the back of the head and put on the head, which should resist pressure.
- Put the right palm on the right temple and begin to press. The head opposes it. The same thing on the other side. Duration 20 seconds.
- Should be tilted 20 times in different directions.
Gymnastics must be held daily . You can add similar movements, but without jerks.
Light exercises will speed up recovery and increase the tone. Training will help to relax the muscles of the neck and stretch her ligaments. Although the exercises are not heavy, but still it should be consulted with a doctor who will pick up optimal medical movements.
Competent procedure guarantees rapid removal of painful sensations. Massage at cervical osteochondrosis does not allow the use of force and various presses. Massage movements should be performed with maximum relaxation .
- Self-massage session must begin with stroking. Left hand put on the right shoulder. Rotate left head. Direction of movement from the neck to the shoulder. Then change the hand, and turn the head to the other side. The duration of such strokes is about 7 minutes.
- Then it follows rubbing. The head also turns, but the movement is circular or spiral. 4 approaches for both sides of the neck.
- Paging. From the neck to the shoulder to make movements resembling the pliers. On each side of 3 minutes.
- Pat. Palm to fold the "boat" and clap in the same directions.
- Any massage ends with strokes.
Massage movements remove the stress in the cervical and eliminate the grip of the muscles. Intervertebral discs begin to supply blood in the desired volume, which reduces painful sensations.
There are many hardware therapy adherents. Therapeutic devices can be a good complement to complex treatment. They enhance the effects of ointments and anti-inflammatory gels.
Each device has its own algorithm :
- Almag affects the electromagnetic field, which speeds up the process of regeneration and improves the blood flow at the place of the defeat.
- "Vitafon" treats sound vibrations. Well relieves muscle spasm.
- Denas. With it, there is a dynamic electroniotimulation.
Any of these devices are used in the pain zone. Although the devices are designed for home use, it is not worth experimenting. Each device has contraindications and application schemes depending on the symptoms.
Important! Physiotherapy methods do not apply during exacerbation.
Video: "How to treat osteochondrosis of the neck?"Learn more about the therapy of the osteochondrosis of the cervical department with the help of therapy:
With independent treatment, usually resort to the help of traditional medicine. All recipes are tested by time, safe, quite effective and do not require high costs. Immediately should be warned that home treatments can only be used in the initial stage of pathology. If osteochondrosis is launched, then without comprehensive therapy no longer do.
You can bring the most popular recipes. :
- On the night, tie a leaf of Khrena to the neck (relieves pain).
- You can use a honey compress.
- To lose the cervical department with inferior pepper.
- Restores the cartilage cloth, and also removes salt tea, boiled from the roots of sunflower.
There are other, more efficient ways, but they will require patience and time to prepare them.
|Type of funds||Means||Cooking||Mode of application|
|Rubbers . Ensure pain and inflammation, and also improve blood flow in the cervical department.||Calendula and cologne||Plant flowers (about 200 grams) need to grind. Pour a mixture of cologne and insist two weeks. Then strain.||Stem|
|Pork fat with propolis||Melt 159 ml of fat and add 30 grams of propolis.||To be confused by this mixture the neck for the night and wind it with a woolen handkerchief.|
|Vodka with horseradish||Plant root powder mix with vodka (the same proportions).||Give the healing composition in the neck before bedtime. The duration of such procedures is up to two weeks.|
|Compresses||For emergency pain relief use kerosene compress||An applied fabric moistened in kerosene to the painful neck area. Cover this place with cotton or film.||The procedure lasts 3 hours.|
|Often use compress with radish||This fruit is rubbed and put together between thin pieces of fabric.||Put on the neck and wrap in parchment. Hold an unlimited time, as long as patience.|
|Potato compress is quite effective||50 g of raw potatoes is rubbed and mixed with the same number of honey. Share a mixture on natural fabric.||Place on your neck. Through three days, pain disappears.|
|Decorations and tinctures Inside. Without the use of such funds, national treatment will not cost (tincture is accepted no longer than 30 days, then a break is done)||Chamomile with mint||Mix plants on one tablespoon and pour water (300 ml). Cook for 10 minutes.||A decoction to drink 100 grams of 3 weeks.|
|Lemon with garlic||First you need to press 4 lemon. Add 200 grams of garlic to juice. The resulting composition is pouring with water and insist in the refrigerator for 2 hours.||Half glass is taken in the morning for 3 weeks.|
|Sabelnik||30 grams of dry plants pour boiling water. It will be for 3 weeks to insist.||Drink on a tablespoon three times a day. Course treatment for about a month.|
This is a very effective way to house the cervical osteochondrosis.
The following baths help :
- Turpentine. Remove the regenerating effect by removing inflammation. Clean turpidar will require no more than 50 ml.
- Salt. The procedure is carried out for about 15 minutes.
- With the addition of needles. It is purchased at the pharmacy, the finished extract and dissolves in the bathroom.
- With chamomile. In 5 liters of water add 300 grams of dry plant. The mixture is boiled 20 minutes, then insisted and filtered. Half an hour should take such a bath.
These procedures reduce the pressure and relax the spine.
The task of traditional medicine is to warm the painful area, dry heat is significantly accelerating treatment . But we should not forget about the precaution, some components can cause poisoning or allergic reaction.
Cure independent osteochondrosis of the cervical department is impossible But really stop the dystrophic process.
But it is better to prevent the development of this pathology, and it is recommended for this Observe some rules :
- Should move more.
- Not allow obesity.
- Avoid microtrams in the neck.
- In time to treat infectious diseases, especially ENT organs.
If avoiding the disease failed, you will have to strengthen attention to the neck area. When performing all the appointments of the doctor, with cervical osteochondrosis, you can even comfortably live.
Manual therapist, neurologist, osteopath
Diagnosis of patients in traumatology and orthopedics. He reads X-rays, as well as conduct conservative treatment of osteochondrosis and protrusions of the spinal disks using manual therapy.Other authors Comments for the site Cackl e
Treatment of chondrosis of the cervical spine at home
Hondronosis of the cervical spine.
Hondronz of the cervical department - degenerative-dystrophic pathology, striking cartilaginous fabrics of intervertebral discs. The patient is hospitalized only when sharp, penetrating pain, usually provoked by the pinching of nerve roots. In other cases, therapy is carried out at home.
The vertebrologist or neurologist is the medical scheme individually for each patient. When choosing the treatment methods, the doctor takes into account the stage of chondroza, the degree of damage to the intervertebral discs, the severity of symptoms.
Stop the progression of the pathological process, improving the well-being of patients allows the use of local and systemic pharmacological preparations, massage treatments, daily studies of therapeutic physical education. At the remission stage, the use of folk remedies - compresses, applications, homemade ointments, alcohol trousers, herbal infusions.
It's important to know! Doctors in shock: "Efficient and affordable remedy for joint pain exists ..." Read more ...
If there is no possibility to attend a specialist, then at home is recommended to perform self-massage daily. Therapeutic procedures are shown only after relieving the acute symptoms of the cervical chondrose. This will be an excellent prevention of the recurrence of pathology, allow the muscles to strengthen the muscles stabilizing the vertebrae and discs. The main rule of self-massage is the cessation of kneading when any uncomfortable feeling appears.
Self-massage of the cervical department.
Initially, light strokes of the pillows of the fingers with a gradual increase in the intensity of movements are made. Then the rear surface of the neck is tricious by the edge of the palm, while the strong pressure should be excluded. Circular movements are performed around the speakers of the vertebrae in the direction of the nape to the top of the back. The procedure ends with soft mismocciers and stroking.
When conducting massage, oils, fat cream or special means with ingredients with heating and analgesic action, for example, dicul balsam are used.
Vertebrologists recommend purchasing Kuznetsov applicators. They are made in the form of small rugs or rollers and are equipped with sharp protrusions. The healing effect of such orthopedic devices is based on enhancing blood circulation in the cervical department when pressing spikes on the skin.
ORVI, elevated body temperature, recurrences of any chronic pathologies become contraindications.
The most effective way to prevent the spread of pathology to healthy vertebrae and intervertebral discs - daily physical education classes. With the help of drugs, you can only eliminate clinical manifestations of chondrozes or reduce their severity. And regular workouts contribute to strengthening the muscles of the back, improving microcirculation and blood circulation, excretion from bone and connective tissue structures of slags, toxins, metabolic products. As a result, the functional activity of the cervical system is significantly increased, the vertebrogenic symptoms of chondrose are completely disappeared - headaches, dizziness, motion coordination disorders. Physical LFCs typically include the following exercises:
- Sit on the chair, and better on the stool, put on your knees. Turn the head to the right to the right 25-30 times, then left. No need to make gusty intense movements - it will only bring harm. The head should be rotated slowly, smoothly, shifting the chin by 10-15 cm;
- In the sitting position, alternately lower my head, and then slightly throw it on. Perform movements of 20-30 times;
- Sitting or standing to make circular rotation necks first in one, then to the other side of 20-30 times. It is impossible to slow down or tilt the head to the chest;
- In the standing position lifting and lowering the shoulders by 5-10 cm. Move moves for 20-30 times.
Exercises for neck with Hondroz.
It is very important to avoid loads on the cervical vertebrae during training. The famous manual therapists of Gitt and Bubnovsky are recommended to reduce the amplitude of movements as much as possible. With the correct exercise, the blood circulation is accelerating as a result of a reduction in skeletal muscles, and cartilage fabrics are not microcrase due to frequent, monotonous movements.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used to eliminate strong pains in the form of tablets (squeezing, ketorol, ibuprofen) or injectable solutions (diclofenac, mowed, orthophene).
If the soreness of the neck department is provoked by pinching the nerve and arising in this background with muscle spasm, Miorlaksanta is prescribed to the patient - Middokalm, Sirdalud, Naclosan.
But, as a rule, severe pains occur only at the end of the second or in the third stage of chondroz. And from uncomfortable sensations of weak or average severity helps to get rid of external means:
- Ointment and gels with NSAIDs - Voltaren, Fastum, Nimesulid, Ketoprofen, Diclofenac. Preparations are anti-inflammatory, anti-ethnic, painkillers;
- Ointment with a warming effect - Apizarrtron, Viprosal, capsicles, Finalgon. The means have a local radiant, distracting, analgesic, which improve the blood circulation.
In therapeutic schemes, chondroprotectors with active ingredients in chondroitin and (or) glucosamine are necessarily included. These drugs stimulate the restoration of destroyed cartilage tissues of intervertebral discs. As chondroprotectors accumulate in damaged structures, they begin to have an anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect. Such a clinical effect of regenerating agents is often used to reduce the pharmacological burden on the body that occurs when taking the NSAID.
"Doctors hide the truth!"
Even the "running" problems with joints can be cured at home! Just do not forget once a day to smear it ...>
Mazi homemade cooking, herbal infusions, compresses are applied in agreement with the doctor and only after the relief of inflammation and pain syndrome. They do not contain ingredients with a pronounced analgesic or anti-acudative effect. The therapeutic effect of most folk remedies is based on increasing the temperature in the neck. This leads to the influx of blood to damaged intervertebral discs. The trigis is improved by eliminating the deficit of nutrient and biologically active substances, the vertebral structures are cleaned of products of decomposition of tissues and harmful mineral salts.
Skin covers in the neck are thin, and the blood vessels are located close to the surface, so the probability of developing an allergic reaction is quite high. Before applying compresses or inflict therapeutic ointments, you need to do a test.
Test on the bending of the elbow to the portability of the components of the outdoor.
A thick mixture or liquid must be labeled into the bend of the elbow and wait for about an hour. If redness or rashes appear on the skin, then you can proceed to therapy.
|Therapeutic action of homemade ointment||Cooking method|
|Heathy||In the mortar put a teaspoon of a wing chipidar and a pair of droplets of essential oils fir and pines. Constantly stirring, introduce a small portion of 50 g of a children's cream and 50 g of medical vaseline. Rub in the area of damaged vertebrae 2-3 times a day|
|Anesthetics||To be lost in the mortar 2 tablespoons of honey with 20 ml peach oil, add a drop of essential oils Melissa, juniper, cypress. Mix the resulting mass with 50 ml of medical vaseline. Apply to the area of uncomfortable sensations 1-3 times a day|
|Antino||In a porcelain mortar, placing 30 ml of aloe juice, on a tablespoon of thick honey, lanoline and almond cosmetic oil. Rubbing, enter into small portions a children's cream before the formation of a thick mass. Lubricate the rear surface of the neck 1-2 times a day|
In the water bath, melted a mixture consisting of equal parts of ozokerite and paraffin, cool to a temperature of 40-45 ° C. A wide brush or wooden spatula apply a layer of warm mixture on the back surface of the neck. After it is frozen the procedure to repeat 3-4 times. As a result, in the area of damaged discs there will be a thick layer of thick mass. It retains warmth well, so for an hour neck will warm up. Then remove the remains of the mixture, and in the skin the moisturizing cream.
Appliques on the neck from ozokerite and paraffin.
When hondrosis, applications are used with cosmetic clay blue, green or red. These varieties contain trace elements necessary for the active functioning of the spinal column - phosphorus, calcium, copper, iron, molybdenum. In a dry clay, it is necessary to add water in small portions until a thick mass is formed. Then shape a cake from it and applied to the rear surface of the neck for 1-2 hours.
Dissolve in a glass of warm water a tablespoon of sea salt. Fold in several layers a sterile bandage, moisten in the resulting breeding, squeeze and attach to the neck. To enhance the therapeutic effect on top of the bandage, put a plastic film, fix the compress with a warm scarf. Duration of therapeutic procedure -1 hour.
Compress with sea salt on the neck at cervical pathology.
For compresses used and fresh vegetable raw materials - the leaves of the plantain, the buried, horseradish, dandelion. They can be simply applied to the back surface of the neck and keep to complete drying. But it is better to cut the leaves into the mortar and mix with thick honey.
In the tank of dark glass, place a pair of pods of burning red pepper and pour 200 ml of any vegetable oil - olive, sunflower, flax. Insist in a dark place 4-6 weeks, periodically shake. The resulting liquid is not necessary to polish, but simply take 10-20 ml and rub into the neck area. The longer the pods in oil are, the more burning the tincture turns out.
An excellent warming and ceiling action is provided by alcoholic grinding. A pair of large fresh leaves and one small root of the shredded and fold into the glass container. Pour vodka, insist in a dark place for 1-2 months.
The main task of the treatment of cervical chondrose is to prevent the further destruction of cartilage tissues. If you manage to stop a destructive degenerative process, then a person can return to an active lifestyle. But the factors that provoked the development of pathology should be completely eliminated. This smoking, abuse of alcohol, low motor activity.
So that Hondroz does not progress, there is no longer an incurable osteochondrosis, medical recommendations should be observed both in the treatment and to achieve sustainable remission:
- Exclude from the diet or limit the use of high salt products, spices, fats, simple carbohydrates. They delay fluid in the body, contributing to the formation of edema, worsen blood circulation due to sediments of cholesterol in vessels;
- Daily drink at least 2 liters of non-carbonated water, sour-sweet fruit guides, jelly, compotes, vegetable juices. Coffee is better to completely refuse, and replace black tea green;
- To prevent the appearance of pain daily wearing 2-3 hours orthopedic devices, for example, Shadz collar. The use of soft or equipped with rigid bang inserts helps evenly distribute loads on all spinal columns.
Shadz collar at cerhing hondrosis.
To replenish the reserves of nutrient and biologically active substances, vertebrologists advise the course reception of the balanced complexes of vitamins and microelements - Witrum, Supradina, Multitabs, complivitis, Selmevit.
Drugs have a tonic and tonic effect, improve trophy, stimulate tissue regeneration. It should not be taken preparations with a large concentration of calcium without appointing a doctor, since the additional arrival of this trace element in the body during hondrosis is not always appropriate.
How to forget about pain in the joints?
- Sustainacles restrict your movements and a full life ...
- You are worried about discomfort, crunch and systematic pain ...
- Perhaps you tried a bunch of medicines, creams and ointments ...
- But judging by the fact that you read these lines - they didn't help you so much ...
But orthopedist Valentin Dikul claims that there is a really effective remedy for joint pain! Read more >>>
The article is prepared by a specialist for informational purposes. We urge you not to engage in self-medication. When the first symptoms appear - contact your doctor. We recommend reading: "Why can not be engaged in self-medication?".
Distrophic processes and violation of the functions of intervertebral discs of the cervical spine are called cervical osteochondrosis (shoch).
What is cervical osteochondrosis?
Cervical osteochondrosis - This is a disease in which a soft intervertebral pulp, performing the role of the shock absorber between the vertebrae, is reborn into the inflated fabric, while the roots of nerves and blood vessels are involved in the pathogenesis. This pathology is disguised as a variety of disorders. A distinctive feature of the osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is pain in the head, neck and at the top of the back. Patients also turn to a doctor with dizziness, nausea, irrigation of blood pressure, loss of consciousness, a lack of air, the numbness of the language, with suspected angina and other pathologies of the cardiovascular system.
This means that a person who has a hoping pain, shoulders, hands, sternum and in the progressed region drawn with complaints not only to a neurologist, but also to doctors of other medical specialties (cardiologist, therapist, orthopedic), which seriously makes the primary diagnosis of the disease .
Dystrophic changes in the tissues of the cervical spinal column are widespread among middle and older people. This is associated with the vertical arrangement of the human skeleton and the distribution of static and dynamic loads.
The widespread spread of the cervical osteochondrosis is explained by the peculiarities of the exit of the roots of nerve endings in the upper part of the spinal column and the mobility of the joints of the neck, carrying the load on the hold of the cranial box in the vertical position.
Approximately 60% of the adult population of European countries in one degree or another suffers from the clinical manifestations of osteochondrosis. It is noted that this disease is previously manifested in men - in 45-50 years. Women usually face a little later, about 50-55 years.
In modern society, the neck osteochondrosis is rejuvenated. When examining representatives of different generations that have a tendency to this disease, it is reliably established that the current youth begins to experience difficulties with the spine much earlier in comparison with representatives of the older generation of the family, sometimes even in the adolescence. People born 60-70 years ago, for the first time apply to the medical institution about the osteochondrosis of the cervical department in a mature or even in old age, and here people who born 20-40 years ago are often sick of osteochondrosis already at a young age. This testifies to a significant deterioration in the health of the younger generation, which is associated with a sedentary lifestyle and reduced nutrition quality.
Osteochondrosis It is customary to consider two, always in the relationship of physiological (natural aging of the organism) and pathological (dystrophic and inflammatory processes) of factors:
Physiological process - the inevitable aging of the cartilage of the spinal column, adjustable by neuro-endocrine mechanisms of the body as a result of natural irreversible phenomena;
Pathological process - The destruction of the intervertebral structures and the surrounding vertebrae of nervous components and blood vessels - the less healthy lifestyle, the faster the disease develops.
From the point of view of localization of the pathological process:
Physiological changes located in the center of the intervertebral disc, are accompanied by a substitution of the disc pulp with fibrous tissue, are part of the process of aging the body, clinically do not manifest or manifest themselves only when irritating the nerve endings;
Pathological Change Distributed outside the cartilage, always cause irritation of nervous endings and squeezing blood vessels, which is manifested by local and reflected pain reactions (discalgias).
The pathological form of osteochondrosis is the replacement of physiological aging by the pathological process.
The disease can be independently eliminated, compensated and manifest itself episodically. Such a feature is associated with the ability of the organism of higher mammals and a person to the development of compensatory and protective mechanisms that levevating pathology. Meanwhile, it is impractical to experience the body for strength.
The pathological form of the disease is always associated with the aging of the body, even in people of young age. Further destroying of fibrous ring tissues without replacement of the pulp fibrous tissue leads to the formation of microcracks, violation of the fixation of the vertebrae and the development of the symptoms of the instability of the spine.
Pathogenesis is accompanied by:
Impregnation of the pulp nucleus of calcium salts;
By pressing the vertebral structures into the body of the neighboring vertebra (by the type of hernia);
Gradual wear of the vertebrae (spondyliseis);
Oaknation of ligaments (precipitating league).
Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis
The diagnosis of the disease is difficult, the pain is sometimes not manifested, and the symptomatics wears erased character, besides, the uncontrolled use of strong analgesics masks signs of the disease. A patient who does not feel pain, considers himself healthy, and so continues until the development of irreversible processes in the tissues of the joint joints.
An important symptoms of the cervical osteochondrosis are dizziness, headaches, blood pressure jumps.
Dizziness with cervical osteochondrosis
Such a state does not always unequivocally indicate osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
Dizziness may be a consequence:
There are no clear criteria for dizziness during osteochondrosis. However, there are systemic and incident dizziness, they have explicit differences.
It is recommended to know the differences in systemic and non-system dizziness, it will help independently determine the reasons for the unusual state:
System dizziness - this is a feeling of circular motion of surrounding objects or body, which is a consequence of the violation of the vestibular apparatus, visual analyzers and receptors in the joints, muscles and epidermis (osteochondrosis of various etiology);
Unisexual dizziness - This is a feeling of foolishness, a feeling of stunning, an uncertain state in a vertical position. With undischarged dizziness, the feeling of circular rotation is absent, and this is an important difference between compared signs.
A person who felt the dizziness of one of these types should be examined by an experienced doctor, first of all, a neurologist or (if there is suspicions for the disease of the ear and nasopharynx) by the otolaryngologist.
The reason for emergency hospitalization that is not associated with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is the identification of such signs in the patient (except for dizziness) as:
Paralysis of the facial muscles and numbness of the shoulder belt;
Strong headache against the background of deterioration of well-being;
Disorders coordination movements;
Loss or fussing consciousness.
Headache with cervical osteochondrosis
This is one of the most common nonspecific signs of many human diseases. Headaches are especially widespread in the female population. It is difficult to determine the cause of the headaches, and, moreover, to link it with the spinal lesions. About 14 different causes of headaches in humans were revealed.
The most common causes of headaches with the pathology described by us are:
Brain vessel spasms;
Pinching roots of nerves;
Reflex increase in intracranial pressure.
Headache with cervical osteochondrosis can remind sensations in arterial hypertension, angina or stroke. Moreover, people of middle and older, as a rule, there are risks of developing strokes or heart attacks.
In sensations, pain may be an approached, constant, pulsating and stupid.
In the pathologies of the heart, patients complain about the unpleasant feelings in the field of breast, accompanied by violation of the rhythm of cardiac activity. Only a qualified doctor can determine the cause. In the event of headaches that combined with nausea, dizziness and stolen pains, the ECG is defined.
Pain with osteochondrosis of the cervical
Not always pain is localized in the area of the head and the nape. There are cases of other localization of pain.
Pain in the neck (cervicalgia) can be irradiating to the shoulder area and in various parts of the hands. A distinctive feature of such sensations is the suddenness of the attacks after sleep, sharp movements, minor to the person of stress, for example, with laughter or sneezing. The pain associated with osteochondrosis, if the process did not accept a chronic character, usually subsides after some short time and combined with a crunch in the cervical vertebrae.
Without a prior examination, you should not remove pain with the help of manual therapy (massage). In some cases, inept manipulation can only be aggravated by pathology, disrupt the innervation and lead to the disability of the patient.
By intensity, pain can be moderate or sharp. Duration - both short and long.
Typical sensations described by patients:
Localization of pain in the depths of the neck;
The feeling of crunch and crackling when trying to turn the head;
Muscular weakness or reduction of sensitivity in different parts of the body.
In the cervical department of all mammals, including a person, seven vertebrae and eight pairs of nerve knots. Shoe can also develop on the border of cervical and chest vertebrae.
It is observed that the osteochondrosis of the cervical department is most often associated with the defeat of the sixth and seventh cervical vertebrae.
There are tests to determine the localization of the pain impulse. The defeat in the field of the sixth vertebra is complemented by pain in the thumb, and the defeat in the seventh vertebra area is accompanied by painful and middle finger.
Arterial pressure with cervical osteochondrosis
The connection of the cervical osteochondrosis with blood pressure jumps has long been installed. The cervical vertebrae has important nervous endings and blood vessels.
Characterized pressure jumps during the day. Hypertension for a long time is not typical for this disease. The reflex irritation of nervous endings and short-term spasms of blood vessels cause the jump-like daily dynamics of arterial hypertension.
A distinctive feature of increased pressure during cervical osteochondrosis is a combination with the following symptoms:
Pain in limbs and chest;
Reduced sensitivity in the collar area;
The occurrence of pressure surges after stress, muscle tension, long stay in an uncomfortable posture and other similar situations.
These signs should be taken into account when independent differentiation of hypertension of various origins.
Sharp jumps of blood pressure and rapid deterioration of well-being are the basis for applying for emergency medical care.
Causes of cervical osteochondrosis
Causes are always associated with the aging of the body and the developed pathology of bone and cartilage tissue. However, not all people in old age suffer from various types of skeleton pathologies.
Numerous observations have established that the cervical osteochondrosis has provoking factors, including:
Forced postures in the process of work;
Excess body weight;
Excessive nervous stress and long stress;
Preceding injuries in the nape and neck;
Autoimmune diseases that lead to the degeneration of cartilage tissue;
Congenital abnormalist of the structure of the spine.
Moderate physical exertion, healthy nutrition and the correct way of life significantly reduce the risk of osteochondrosis, or minimize its effect on the well-being in old age.
What is dangerous cervical osteochondrosis?
Reducing flexibility in the joints, muscle elasticity and other signs of aging of the body - unconditional satellites of the elderly - this is a natural process.
Pains when driving and at rest begin to annoy a person much earlier than the natural period of aging, sometimes it ends with disabling or a significant reduction in the quality of life.
Ineptive treatment is as dangerous as inaction, because in the first case, pathology without high-quality treatment is aggravated, in the second - ineptful therapy can end with a sudden disability or resistant deterioration of well-being, because therapeutic manipulations affect the two most important organism systems - nervous and vascular.
Syndromes of cervical osteochondrosis
Syndromes are a combination of several symptoms. There are several symptom complexes of the cervical osteochondrosis, the main ones are:
Vertebral or vertebral;
Cardial or heartfelt;
Nerve endings (root).
The combination of different syndromes, like a mosaic, consists in a single picture of the cervical osteochondrosis.
This syndrome means that pathological processes are associated with bone and cartilage tissue.
In the case of clinical manifestation, the syndrome is folded from three symptoms associated with the damage to the bone or cartilage tissue of the vertebrae, namely:
Violation of neck mobility;
Pain when trying to turn the neck;
Morphological changes in the vertebral body or in the intervertebral space (the symptom is determined on the radiograph).
These symptoms are necessarily combined with each other. In the absence of one of them, there is no vertebral syndrome - this is a medical axiom. In the presence of pain, morphological changes in the tissues of the bones and the cartilage of the cervical skeleton can always be assumed, and on indirect signs (change in sensitivity), you can define a specific vertebra or a group of joints involved in pathology.
The complexity of the diagnosis of the vertebral syndrome is that a similar clinical picture (limiting the mobility of the neck) can be detected at the lesions of the neck muscles (mosites), and the main symptom of the syndrome - pain in the active change of the position of the neck - is often the result of other pathological processes in the human body.
Syndrome of the vertebral artery
This syndrome means that pathological processes are associated with vertebral arteries supplying the brain. The manifestation of symptoms should be considered in direct connection with a violation of the blood supply of the brain and the tissues of the cervical.
The syndrome consists of several symptoms. The main of them are related to:
Insufficient bloodstream in one of the trunks due to the compression of the artery (noise in the ears, state of stunning, dizziness, jumps of pressure, nausea and vomiting);
Irritation of nervous ending artery (severe pain and migraine or vice versa, numbness, reduction of sensitivity, temporary one-sided blindness or '' flies '' in the eyes);
Oxygen starvation (drowsiness, fainting, nonsetting headache, reduced performance and concentration of attention, depression).
This syndrome can develop not only in osteochondrosis, but also with other pathologies (deposition of atherosclerotic plaques on the inner wall of the vessels, transmission of the vessel with tumors, inflammatory infiltrate, and so on).
Signs of this syndrome are reminding violations of cardiac activity, angina and even a state preceding infarction. The syndrome includes the following symptoms:
The main methods of differential diagnosis of the pathologies of the cardiovascular system and osteochondrosis are the ECG method and functional samples. An ECG note the shortened ST segment, with angiography - the absence of atherosclerosis. Exclude cardiac syndrome in osteochondrosis is difficult, and for this require a long study.
The clinical manifestation of this syndrome is associated with one of the eight pairs of spinal nerves roots innervating the neck part of the spinal column. Characterized by one-sided damage of the body.
The syndrome is associated with impaired nervous conductivity: with pain, or, on the contrary, with semi-paras (paresis), paralysis and decrease in sensitivity.
The conduction disorder is characterized by the following features:
First second roots - numbness or, on the contrary, pain in the occipital region;
The third pair of roots - numbness of the tongue and the plot behind the ears, difficulties with the kneading food, a sense of resolving the language;
The fourth pair - pain in the region of the clavicle, IKOT, difficulties in swallowing as in the case of angina;
Fifth pairs - violations are felt in the shoulders area in the form of difficulty by hand;
The sixth couple - the unpleasant feelings in the blades and forearm;
Seventh pair - numbness in the field of hands and, in particular, index and middle fingers;
The eighth couple - leads to the difficulty of ownership by unnamed fingers and maizers in their arms.
In practice, single vertebra are very rarely affected, several pairs of nerve roots are involved in pathogenesis, so the syndromes are mixed and confused by a clinical picture. The patient is advisable to independently listen to its own body.
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
Depending on the pathology stage (remission or exacerbation), the forms of the disease (acute or chronic), the severity of clinical manifestations (the presence or absence of pain syndrome), various methods of therapy are selected.
It can be:
Conservative treatment (medication and non-drug);
Combinations of conservative and operational techniques.
Let us dwell on the classical methods of therapy. Knowledge and competent use of simple techniques, including therapeutic physical education, massage and self-massage, significantly facilitates the human well-being experiencing pain in the neck during osteochondrosis. In the case of long-term degenerative processes, it is better to undergo a survey in a hospital or an outpatient basis, and only after that applying therapeutic procedures.
If there is no possibility to undergo a survey, it is recommended to use gentle methods, for example, perform exercises aimed at hydration - the saturation of the interstitable space by fluids by improving blood supply in the neck and the nape.
LFK (healing physical culture) with cervical osteochondrosis
Therapeutic gymnastics, with proper exercise, creates wonders. A variety of techniques are proposed, but they are all based on the enhanced nutrition of cartilage and bone tissues. The principle of exercise is to restore blood supply in a damaged body.
It is forbidden during the LFC strongly rotate and flexing the head, only the imitation of such movements is allowed. This method has shown its effectiveness, despite the obvious simplicity.
Proper use of exercise is the use of exercise without:
Long loads on the joint joints (one set of exercises is performed no more than 2 minutes);
Turns, slopes and rotations neck (such exercises exacerbate pathological processes in the joints and intervertebral discs).
Showing small (shallow) slopes head, which do not lead to the movement of the joints, but enhance the influx of blood to them. Such slopes on the movement are reminded barely noticeable nodding head, meaning the answer "Yes." After some time, about 30 minutes, a movement is repeated, which resembles the answer "No".
You can also perform exercises, imitating the movement of the head forward (limiting the frontal part of the head) and backward (limiting the movement of the head with the head in the nape area).
Massage with cervical osteochondrosis
Massage must be done carefully, without power loads. Inretful, unprofessional massage may result in poorly. Movements must spread to the cervical, collar zone and part of the back.
Massage is performed in the lying position on the stomach, in extreme cases, in the sitting position.
The techniques are based on the following techniques:
Stroking. Impact on surface layers of the skin. Palms of the hands or tips of the fingers from the head and below to the upper third of the middle of the back. Stroking from the base of the neck can also be zigzag;
Squeezing. Impact on the deep layers of the skin in the upper third of the back. Hand fingers (large and index) across the neck conduct movements to capture skin, resembling squeezing. This is done carefully, fabrics close to the vertebra are not involved;
Trituration. The purpose of the procedure is to heat the skin and strengthen the bloodstream in the collar zone. Perfect extremely careful. The impact on the acute vertebral processes is not allowed. Rubbing can be replaced by movements resembling sawmills, or circular strokes;
Melting. It has a limited meaning, as it affects very deeply lying fabrics, which can aggravate pathology.
Self-massage with cervical osteochondrosis Performed, sitting in a comfortable position. Use the methods of stroking, circular rubbing in the neck or shoulders. It is advisable to combine the self-massage method to combine with rubbing various ointments that enhance the blood flow and removing pain in the warmable zone.
This is a simple plastic device having a spikes that affect the skin sections. A person falls on the spikes or applies them to the body, thereby causing irritation of the skin receptors responsible for physiological processes in the body.
In some cases, the applicator helps and reduces the pain caused by cervical osteochondrosis for a long time. In addition, the device sometimes improves human performance, has a beneficial effect on the skin of the skin, normalizes sleep and blood circulation, restores the mobility of the joints.
Contraindications for the use of the Kuznetsov Applicator - infectious, tumor, skin and vascular diseases. Before using the device, the patient must consult with the attending physician or independently test this simple adaptation to himself with the help of short-term applicator applies and monoise observation.
On this topic: Treatment of osteochondrosis at home
Orthopedic cushions with cervical osteochondrosis
Orthopedic sleeping pads are an effective prevention tool. In many cases, osteochondrosis is aggravated due to the additional transfer of cervical artery and nerve roots during sleep on a uncomfortable pillow. The orthopedic product provides a uniform horizontal position of the person during sleep and, thus, guarantees the physiologically complete blood supply to the brain.
When choosing a pillow, the individual anatomical features of the person should be taken into account and correlate them with the volume and characteristics of the filler. A properly chosen pillow brings a tangible benefit with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
Preparations and medicines during cervical osteochondrosis
Arsenal of medicines and drugs for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis is very extensive:
Analgesic (Nonteroid preparations, relieve pain). Usually they are prescribed in the form of tablets or capsules. It should be remembered that most of these drugs cause irritation of the mucous membrane of the digestive tract. Among the modern drugs used to remove pain in osteochondrosis - diclofenac, pyroxics.
When choosing a NSAID, it should be borne in mind that it is the selectivity of the drug that provides optimal safety and minimizing the risks of the development of side effects. A bright representative of high-selective drugs is esikoxib. At the beginning of 2020, the first Russian esikoxib was released on the market - the Etoroelex preparation, which is more accessible at cost, rather than foreign analogues, is convenient for use and has a minimum number of side effects.
Anti-inflammatory (steroid). These are hormonal drugs that remove inflammatory phenomena and, thus, eliminate pain. Most often, at osteochondrosis of the cervical system, tablets and ointment based on hydrocortisone, prednisolone or dexamethasone are used;
Miorolaxanta - These are drugs, relaxing muscle tone. They are used in surgery and orthopedics, as auxiliary means to relieve pain. Such medicines are entered by parenterally, and therefore always under the supervision of the doctor. For the treatment of osteochondrosis, preparations of two pharmacological groups are used: glycerin and benzimidazole. There is an extensive list of contraindications;
Vitamins. With osteochondrosis of the cervical department, vitamins are prescribed, beneficially affecting the peripheral nervous system and improving conductivity. Water soluble vitamins: in 1, AT 6, AT 12 , fat-soluble vitamins: A, C, D, E. In recent years, has become more common to prescribe combined drugs containing both painkillers and vitamin components. One of these drugs is Milgamma composites. The effective preparation consists of vitamins of the group B based on pyridoxine and thiamine, and the quality of anesthetic contains lidocaine;
Ointment and gels for outdoor use. This is the most accessible group of drugs in the home atmosphere. They are divided into removable inflammation, warming and painkillers. Such means are often advertised, the most popular: Voltren Emulgel, Nurofen, Fastum gel.
On this topic: Modern dietary supplement database
Prevention of cervical osteochondrosis
The disease is better prevented, or minimize factors contributing to the development of pathology. It is known that the basis of health lies the correct lifestyle. It includes moderate physical exertion, control over body weight, regular workouts at low-altitude work, especially if it is performed in a static position. All of the above is independently controlled by a person and often depends on the habits embracing in childhood.
But during the life, a person is at risks that cannot be eliminated. These include congenital and acquired spinal microtraums, diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
If a person has a tendency to clinical manifestations of osteochondrosis, it is advisable not to choose the work associated with increased physical exertion, as well as avoid sharp movements in everyday life. Overweight more than 10 kg is considered critical for persons experiencing problems with their backs.
If it is impossible to completely abandon intensive physical exertion follows:
Transfer gravity alternately on one side of the body, then on the other;
Use corset to protect the spine;
After performing the work, unload the spine, namely, lie down for some time, or it is to hang on the horizontal bar.
On this topic: What can and what can not be done during osteochondrosis?
You should avoid cutting weather and climate change. Risks are enhanced by increasing humidity and decrease the temperature.
Eliminate from the exacerbation of the cervical osteochondrosis will help:
Osteochondrosis contraindicated sports that increase the burden on the spine and contributing to trauma: running, jumping, weightlifting. During the exacerbation, you should refuse to visit the steam room in the bath.
Performing simple prophylaxis rules, LFC and massage (in some cases) allows you to make a comfortable life with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine even in old age.
Article author: Mochalov Pavel Alexandrovich | d. n. therapistEducation:
Moscow Medical Institute. I. M. Sechenov, specialty - "Therapeutic Case" in 1991, in 1993 "Professional Diseases", in 1996 "Therapy".Our authors
The cervical osteochondrosis is a disease in which the vertebrae and intervertebral discs are affected. The cervical osteochondrosis refers to deforming dorsopathies. Involutional changes in disks are observed in 20 years. At the same time, they become more sensitive to loads, less elastic, lose lubricating fluid.
Most often, pathology meets in elderly people, but currently there is a significant increase in morbidity among children and boys. Neurologists of the Yusupov Hospital detect cervical osteochondrosis using the latest diagnostic studies. After clarifying the diagnosis, comprehensive therapy is carried out by efficient drugs, physiotherapy procedures and innovative methods of physical rehabilitation.
The name of the disease consists of two Greek terms "Osteon" (bone) and "Chondos" (cartilage). The cervical osteochondrosis begins changes in the central part of the disk. The intervertebral disk loses moisture, decreases in size, this leads to an approach of vertebral bodies and infringement of nerve roots with vessels. The vertebrae receive nutrients from surrounding tissues, which causes harm to the body. The compression of the nerves and vessels leads to a protective spa muscle, which, as the disease develops, it becomes the cause of pain.
Which doctor treats this disease
In the Yusupov Hospital, the treatment of osteochondrosis is the field of activity of neurologists. However, with the appearance of symptoms of osteochondrosis, Neck is possible to appeal to a doctor. A neurologist will pick up medications at cervical osteochondrosis that have the smallest load on the body, which is important in drug therapy.
To determine the presence of a pathological process in cartilage tissue and cervical osteochondrosis, the patient is directed to a comprehensive examination to the Diagnostic Center of the Yusupov Hospital. The tactic how to treat cervical osteochondrosis is developed in accordance with the results of research.
Interdisciplinary cooperation also allows to treat related pathologies available in a patient. In addition, when contacting Yusupovskaya hospital, the patient receives full information support: a treatment plan, an extract for the cost of services, providing information on consultations of specialists and diagnostic events.
The cervical osteochondrosis is developing under the influence of a variety of provoking factors. A certain cause of the cervical osteochondrosis was not detected. Often the disease is associated with impaired metabolism and aging of the vertebrae.
Researchers suggest that the cervical osteochondrosis is evolving for the following reasons:
- Excessive load on the spine. High load on the spine is observed when wearing incorrect shoes, flatfoot, obesity, long sitting position;
- Violations of metabolism. A shortage of vitamins, mineral substances, disorders of calcium metabolism can serve the causes of degenerative processes in the vertebrae;
- Congenital and acquired anomalies of the development of the spine and a ligament apparatus (thickening of ligaments, lumbarization, sacralization);
- The pathologies of the gastric-intestinal tract leading to the insufficient absorption of nutrients;
- Infections, intoxication;
- Injuries of bruises, spinal fractures, as a result of which the blood supply and the innervation of the spinal column is disturbed, which causes their dystrophic disorders;
- Wearing shoes on heels;
- Pregnancy, especially multiple;
- Autoimmune lesions of the connective tissue, the pathological structure of collagen 1 and 2 types;
- Professional harm (raising heavy loads, long-term vibration, work in a sitting position with a constant head slope);
- Atherosclerotic and other changes in the vertebral arteries;
- Spinal curvature (kyphosis, scoliosis, kifoscolyosis).
An important risk factor for the development of the cervical osteochondrosis is a burdened heredity. This fact proves the presence of osteochondrosis in children, when the spine is not overloaded yet.
Thanks to the special structure of the spine, it is able to perform its functions. The main structural unit is considered the vertebral motor segment (PDS). It consists of two nearby vertebrae, an intervertebral disk and a muscular-ligament. Osteochondrosis leads to dystrophic-degenerative processes, first in the intervertebral disk, then in the vertebra. With the defeat of one vertebra, the performance of its functions provide adjacent. This leads to an increase in the load and loss of mobility of the affected segment.
In the development of the cervical osteochondrosis, doctors distinguish several stages:
- The first degree of cervical osteochondrosis. Since the intervertebral disc is devoid of its own blood supply and receives nutrients from surrounding tissues, it is susceptible to degenerative changes. Osteochondrosis at stage 1 is characterized by the destruction of the pulp nucleus and cracks in the fibrous ring. It is clinically manifested by sharp or permanent local pains in the neck (cervicalgia) and stiffness;
- Osteochondrosis of the second degree of the cervical department. At this stage, the destruction of the fibrous ring continues, pathological mobility appears, the instability of the vertebrae. Patients complain of pain in the neck, increasing during physical exertion, head slopes or in a certain position;
- The third stage of the disease is characterized by the complete destruction of the fibrous ring. The core is not fixed. Intervertebral hernias may occur, which cause severe pain. At this stage, the curvature of the spine can be formed due to bad fixation of PDS;
- In the fourth stage of the disease, the intervertebral disk is replaced by a connective tissue, others are affected by the next segments. Spondilitrosis develops, arachnoiditis. The joints are fully fixed - ankylosis develops. A bone tissue grow around the affected area - osteon is formed. With the fourth degree of cervical osteochondrosis, bright symptoms are observed: a strong pain that gives in hand, sternum, to the area between the blades, sensitivity disorders.
Symptoms and signs
Signs of cervical osteochondrosis in the initial stages can be nonspecific: dizziness, headaches, weakness, crunch with head movements. As the disease progresses, the following symptoms are developing:
- Severe pain in the neck and shoulders;
- Hand numbness;
- An increase in blood pressure;
- Violation of coordination of movements;
- Strengthening sweating.
There are several syndromes that appear in the development of the pathological condition of the muscles of the back and the cervical spine:
- Syndrome of cervical migraine.
- Spinal artery syndrome.
- Hypertensional syndrome.
- Cardial syndrome.
- Root syndrome.
They arise in injury of nerve endings, squeezing the arteries and veins in the process of developing the disease. The most dangerous complication is considered a vertebral artery syndrome. There is a violation of blood flow by artery, a supply head and spinal cord. The patient decreases the rumor, the vision falls, constant dizziness develop. The patient may lose consciousness while driving due to a sharp impaired blood flow.
As a result of squeezing the nerves responsible for innervation of breast muscles and diaphragms, pain in the heart area, not related to heart disease, but at the same time tachycardia, arrhythmia and hypotension can develop. Squeezing veins leads to the development of hypertensive liquor syndrome. Increased intracranial pressure, nausea appears, vomiting, severe headache due to violation of blood outflow from the brain.
As a result of the squeezing of the neck, the development of the root syndrome is the development of a strong pain in the neck, shoulders, blades, a nape. At the same time, the syndrome is eaten hands and neck area. With the cervical migration syndrome, the patient is bothering a strong headache, which is often accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
Reflex syndromes occur when the spinal roots are not yet affected. Patients complain of pain in the neck, head (especially the nape), in hand with one or both sides. The pain of a reflex character, in contrast to the root, does not combine with sensitivity impairment. Cervicalgia may be stupid, novel. Acute sharp "sharpness" of pain is called Cervicago. There is a spasm and muscle pain, soreness of sunlight points. Signs of cervical osteochondrosis are enhanced in an inconvenient position, under head slopes, cough, physical exertion. Signs of epipondylez, shoulder-paint-brush and shoulder-brush syndrome appear due to nerve pulses from the fibrous ring of the affected segment, which causes the compensatory spasm of the muscles.
The root syndromes are accompanied by a violation of motor activity and sensitivity. At the same time, the nerves, vessels are infringed, the venous and lymphatic outflow in the pathological focus is disturbed as a result of a reduction in the intervertebral channel. The pain in the root syndrome is acute, intense. The frequent cause of the infringement of the spinal nerves is the formation of hernia. In the area of the pathological focus, the tone of the muscles is reduced. When radiculosiecemia, except nerves are squeezed by vessels.
If a diaphragmal nerve is involved in the pathological process, a cardiac syndrome occurs. It is manifested by burning, acute pain in the left half of the chest with irradiation in the hand, the intercourt region. The name of the syndrome is due to the fact that the nature of the pain is similar to the attack of angina. The main difference in the pain during angina region is facilitated after taking nitroglycerin, it may arise alone and is combined with heart rate interruptions (tachycardia, arrhythmia).
Signs of cervical osteochondrosis depend on the localization of the pathological process. With damage to the upper cervical vertebrae, the blood supply to the brain is disturbed due to the compression of the brain arteries. This leads to headaches (especially in the occipital region), dizziness, fainting, high arterial pressure. Dizziness with cervical osteochondrosis is due to a decrease in blood flow to the inner ear. Patients are also concerned about nausea, vestibular and eye symptoms occur.
With a combined lesion of the vertebrae, they talk about cerhing and thoracic osteochondrosis. The disease is manifested by the following features:
- Pain in the neck and hand;
- Tingling, a feeling of crawling goosebumps along the upper limb;
- Intercostal neuralgia.
The cervical osteochondrosis is a chronic disease that can lead to the formation of hernia and spinal cord compression. Therefore, it is important to establish an accurate diagnosis in a timely manner and start therapy. To identify the cervical osteochondrosis use the following types of tool diagnostics:
- Spondylography or spinal radiography. This research method is painless, highly informative and does not require special training. The X-ray of the spine allows you to estimate its anatomical and functional features. The picture draws attention to the structure of the vertebrae, the attitude of their friend, the distance between them, the clearance of the spinal channel;
- Computer tomography - gives information mainly about the state of bone tissue, allows you to identify the narrowing of the spinal channel and the hernia of the disk;
- Magnetic resonance tomography - allows you to determine changes in soft tissues. The image of the MRI is clearly visible changes in intervertebral disks and spinal cord.
In the Yusupov Hospital, the patient passes a comprehensive examination. Doctors take into account the individual features of its organism and related diseases. The important advantage of the neurology clinic is the presence of modern, high-quality equipment and specialists of a narrow orientation: neurologists, neurosurgeons, oncologists.
The treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine consists of medication and non-drug therapy. Even after complete cure to eliminate the recurrence of the disease, neurologists of the Yusupov hospital conduct preventive measures. In the acute period for the treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical, doctors are prescribed by patients drugs of the following pharmacological groups:
- Nonarcotic analgesics (Analgin, Baratgin, Trigan). They are taken inside or to quickly achieve the effect are injected intramuscularly;
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (diclofenac, ibuprofen, ketanol);
- Vitamins of groups in large doses.
In order to reduce the fluid delay in the field of spinal root and surrounding tissues, diuretics are used (Furosemide, Triampur, Laziks). The effect of analgesics Antihistamines (Dimedrol, Supratin, Pipolfen). Muscle spasm eliminate muscle relaxants (Sirdalud, Miorix, Middokalm, Flexen). With a prolonged pronounced pain syndrome, neurologists perform the blockade of nerves.
To improve metabolic processes in the intervertebral disk, chondroprotectors (alflutop, evallar) are used. These drugs increase the content of glycosaminoglycans, increase the elasticity, elasticity and depreciation of intervertebral discs.
Tablets from dizziness
Patients often experience dizziness with cervical osteochondrosis. For their reduction, doctors prescribe non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. NSAIDs related to different groups are characterized by a mechanism of action and effect, therefore, only a qualified specialist can determine the appropriate preparation.
It is important to remember that the drugs during osteochondrosis of the cervical department cannot be taken without appointing the attending physician. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have side effects, so before their purpose, a neurologist determines the presence of contraindications in the patient and the necessary dosage. Preparations from dizziness during cervical osteochondrosis allow you to improve the quality of the patient's life.
Crosses with osteochondrosis of the cervical department help during the exacerbation period to remove pain. With this method of administration of drugs, the effect comes quickly. Neurologist doctors use different injections.
Medical sisters are introduced solutions of drugs subcutaneously, intramuscularly or intravenously. During the exacerbation of the disease, drugs that are injected in the injectable way, with cervical osteochondrosis, have an exceptionally symptomatic action. For the treatment of illness, contact the clinic neurology of the Yusupov Hospital.
Headache - symptom arising from various violations. However, the cervical osteochondrosis is characterized by attacks of intense headaches. Head movements enhance the symptoms, so it is prescribed to her elimination of the doctors of analgesics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents.
Non-media methods of therapy
Complex non-drug therapy of the cervical osteochondrosis of the spine includes:
- CHAIR MODE - When reducing the roots, patients lie on a solid surface,
- Medical physical education;
- Pulling of the spine;
- Physiotherapeutic procedures.
Massage at cervical osteochondrosis is used to reduce pain and edema, improvement of peripheral blood supply, elimination of muscle spasm. Contraindication to the implementation of this procedure - the presence of sharp pain. Massage the neck and back in the direction of the outflow of lymph. Special attention is paid to inter-tube and paravertebral zones.
Therapeutic gymnastics in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is aimed at eliminating muscle spasm and strengthening muscle frame. Since the instability of the vertebrae often arises in the cervical department, the LFC instructor conducts individual classes during which the patient teaches the patient to safely perform exercises. Some authors recommend conducting medical physical education in the collar of Shazz.
To improve the mobility of the vertebrae of the cervical department, rehabilitologists are recommended to perform the following exercises:
- Flexion and extension of the neck. Tilt your head forward to the chest, without pulling the shoulders forward, then back. Hold the tilt of 3 seconds, repeat each exercise 8-10 times;
- Turns of the neck. Turn the neck first to the left until the stop, then right, without changing the position of the shoulders and the level of chin;
- Lower the head down until the stop. Then reject your head back without changing the level of shoulders. Hold the position 5 seconds.
To strengthen the neck muscles, the following exercises have been developed:
- Put your hand on the back of the head. Tilt the head back, resting in the hand;
- Place your hand in the temporal area. Tilting his head, resist your hand;
- Put the hand on my forehead, resisting her, tilt your head forward;
- Right hand lean your head aside, the left hand should be behind his back. Repeat the exercise on another hand.
Autogvitational therapy is the exact name of the spinal fusion procedure. It is carried out using special devices. The purpose of therapy is to reduce muscle spasm and restoring the correct position of the vertebrae. In order to avoid complications, the stretch of the spine conducts a doctor.
To improve blood supply in the pathological focus, the removal of swelling and the elimination of pain in the Yusupov hospital is used by the following physiotherapy procedures:
- Dyadynamic currents. With this procedure, low-frequency currents are served using a special apparatus, which stimulate the muscles, remove spasms and pain. Have a positive effect, improving tissue trophics;
- Ultraviolet irradiation. Under the influence of UV radiation, vitamin D is improved, calcium content increases, bone tissue becomes stronger;
- The impact of ultrasound is used to accelerate blood flow, antispasmodic and reparative action. Ultrasound is capable of penetrating deep into tissue, sometimes it is used for better absorption of medicinal substances;
- Amplipalserapy - allows you to remove pain by blocking nerve impulses from pain.
In the acute period of the disease, which lasts 4-7 days, painting, antispasmodics, irritant substances are used to reduce pain. The patient provides peace. The immobilization of the cervical is carried out with a collar of Shazz. LFC and massage are contraindicated. Ultraviolet radiation apply.
The duration of the subacute period is 29 days. After complete recovery, the patient must take peace for several days. Then you can proceed to the rehabilitation therapy. In the chronic course of the disease, the patient is prescribed minelaxants, chondroprotectors, vitamins B, with pain - analgesics, NSAIDs. Conditions of therapeutic physical education, massage. The patient is released physiotherapy procedures (amplipuls, exposure to alternating current), make the spine stretching.
In the Yusupov clinic, doctors have extensive experience in the successful treatment of cervical osteochondrosis. Patients are given the opportunity to undergo a complete rehabilitation course: physiotherapeutic procedures, massages, spine stretching. In the clinic of neurology, specialists of the highest medical category, professors who apply the author's methodologies for the treatment of osteochondrosis.
Proper nutrition in osteochondrosis is an important condition for achieving remission. The progression of the cervical osteochondrosis ceases under the observance of diet and therapeutic measures. Multi-neurologists of the Yusupov hospital know how to treat osteochondrosis of the cervical department, therefore make up a complex of medical measures, including procedures, leaving exercises, proper nutrition and lifestyle shift.
Many patients turn to neurologist doctors with the question of whether to treat osteochondrosis of the cervical spine and exist any restrictions in nutrition. Specialists of the Yusupov Hospital are individual nutrition programs in which the patient's preferences are taken into account. The osteochondrosis diet is based on a balanced, low-fat food, which is rich in useful substances. The daily diet of the patient includes high-calcium products.
How to sleep with cervical osteochondrosis
For patients with diseases of the musculoskeletal system, the question is relevant about how to sleep correctly in cervical osteochondrosis. Sleeping on the stomach provokes further development of the disease, so it is better to avoid sleeping in this position. The most optimal position on the back and side.
The cervical osteochondrosis progresses while relaxing on the bed with a soft mattress. Therefore, experts recommend to give preference to elastic mattresses, as well as to moderately soft pillows. If the patient is diagnosed with seine-chest osteochondrosis, experienced specialists of the Yusupov hospital will tell about what bed stuffs for sleep are safe.
To prevent the occurrence or progression of the osteochondrosis of the cervical doctors recommend:
- Correct the posture;
- Lead an active lifestyle, take breaks at work;
- Regularly make therapeutic physical education;
- Sleep on a solid and smooth surface, an orthopedic mattress and a pillow;
- Get rid of bad habits, especially smoking;
- Shoes choose taking into account the physiological structure of the foot;
- Do not wear bags on one hand, it leads to the bending of the spine;
- Lead a healthy lifestyle, eat right, there are many fruits and vegetables;
- It is not long in a sitting position with a tilted head;
In order to improve blood circulation, therapeutic massage should be held regularly.
Treatment in Moscow
In the Yusupovskaya hospital, doctors are engaged in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis over the years. For rehabilitation and restoring the performance of patients with osteochondrosis in the clinic of rehabilitation there are all necessary equipment. You can find the cost of treatment on the official website of the hospital.
Sign up for the reception to a neurologist online or call the phone number of the contact center. The clinic of neurology employs the best doctors of Moscow, leading specialists in the field of treatment of degenerative-destructive diseases of the spine. Patients offer a comprehensive rehabilitation program, the cost of which is lower than the use of individual procedures.