As a compact heaters for the house, as a rule, convectors or oil radiators are chosen. These devices are easy to use and easy to install. However, with the seeming similarity, they have significant differences. First of all, constructive:
- The oil radiator resembles a battery - it consists of several metal sections interconnected. Inside the oil radiator are tanks and mineral oil. Teans are heated by the coolant, and it, in turn, is circulating, - walls of the heater.
- The convector has a flat rectangular housing, inside which is located heating TEN. Through the holes at the bottom of the body, the cold air falls into the convection chamber (the heater body), where he heats up to a given temperature and, becoming easier, it turns out through the upper or side openings.
Relying only on this information is difficult to solve, choose an oil or convector heater. It is necessary to take into account various factors:
- The method of heating - the main difference between the convector from the oil radiator. The oil heater acts locally - warm air is concentrated in the immediate close of the body of the instrument, it will not fit for heating of large rooms. The operation of the convector is based on the principle of circulation of air masses - warm air replaces cold, due to which the room warms up quickly and evenly.
- Heating rate - So that the oil radiator begins to give heat, it takes more time. First, the tanes are heated, then the coolant and, finally, the body of the device. Only after that the heat begins to enter the environment. Convectors are deprived of this problem - the maximum temperature is achieved in a couple of minutes after switching on. In this case, the device spends less electricity.
- Mobility - Oil radiator can be moved from one room to another with comfortable wheels. Convectors are fixed on the wall, which saves space, but in this case its device is necessary for each room.
- Comfort - Since the convectors are equipped with an open heating element, they can dry the air and make it unpleasant to human breathing. Oil radiators affect air quality to a lesser extent.
- Protection systems - Radiators, as a rule, are equipped with a drop sensor (the device is automatically disconnected when the slope or fall) and the protection against the temperature is exceeded. Since the convector is fixed on the wall and cannot accidentally fall, it is protected only from overheating. Despite this, none of the devices can be left in the on state unattended for a long time.
- Security - The oil radiator body can be booked to 100 ° C (if it is not closed with a protective cover), convector - only up to 60 ° C (safe temperature, the protective cover is not required).
Articles on the topic:
Frost and sun - a wonderful day, but only if you have warmth in your home. However, before the start of the heating season, when the day seems to be warm, and for the night the apartment comes out, the family knocks his teeth together, getting socks, scarves and sweaters from the bins. Where to go frozen? Right! Behind the heater. In nature, there are many of them, but today we will arrange a contest between two: oil heater and an electric convector. Thusll, "who" they are, what they differ and what to stop their choice in each specific situation.
Oil heater (radiator)
"Grandpa" of modern heating devices, an oil heater, appeared very long ago and is still popular.
It is a container with a tubular electric heater (TEN) filled with mineral oil. TEN is heating the oil that lifts the temperature of the instrument. The housing heats the surrounding air, and also has the effect of direct thermal radiation. In some modern models, the fan is embedded, which makes the device even more efficiently.
In fact, the oil heater is a habitual battery of the central heating system. Only it does not depend on the communalists and instead of water inside the oil.
Why oil? First, at high temperatures (and the device is able to heat up to 100 degrees), the oil does not evaporate the oil, which protects the device from the explosion. Secondly, mineral oil preserves and gives it a longer, even when the device is disabled. Thirdly, the oil protects the body from the inside of corrosion. And fourth, at low (on average up to -30 0) The oil temperatures do not freeze, but becomes more viscous. While when filling with water, the resulting ice would rip the case.
Constructive devices are two types: panel (flat) and sectional (with ribs like a regular battery). The advantage of the first - occupy less space, the second is a large working surface with the same sizes with panel. By type of placement, devices are divided into wall and floor (the latter are much more often found).
Basic design elements:
- Metal reservoir with mineral oil.
- The lower collector, where there is a TEN.
- Trolley with wheels. By default, they may not be, everything is limited to the manufacturer's fantasy.
- Transfer handle.
- Network cord.
- Turning on / disconnecting indicator. Advanced models can have a full-fledged LCD panel.
- Controls, thermostat. It can be both mechanical and electronic (sensory).
One of the most modern heating devices (which immediately indirectly indicates in his favor).
It is (most often) hollow rectangular metallic (less often plastic) housing, inside which is located TEN.
The principle of operation is based on the natural circulation of air flow (convection). From the bottom or on the sides of the device there are ventilation holes through which the cold air naturally penetrates into the inner cavity. There, under the influence of a tan, it heats up and comes out through the holes of the top (facial) convector panel. Thus, there is a smooth and uniform heating of air masses indoors.
Convectors are water, gas and electric. By type of placement, convectors are also divided into wall and outdoor. Moreover, the first are also in the form factor of the plinth, that is, they are attached to the wall at the bottom of the floor. There are also universal convectors that can be installed on the floor and attach to the wall. And a completely exotic option - convectors that are mounted under the surface of the floor.
In contrast to the oil heater, where tubular electric heaters are used, monolithic heating elements are also installed in the convectors. They are the most efficient and durable.
And at the dawn of the appearance of convectors, needed needle tagged (open spiral, burning small particles and dust on it), but now such products are not released.
Basic design elements:
- The ventilation holes, where the cold air falls in the natural way.
- Ventilation holes, where the heated air comes from. They can be both fixed and adjustable (depending on the model). Their adjustment allows the desired direction to the flow of the air.
- Electronics control unit device.
- Temperature sensor thermostat, adjusting the instrument on / disconnecting.
- Temperature sensor inside the case. It is intended for automatic shutdown of the device if due to problems (accidentally covered with tissue withdrawing holes) the housing and the tan will begin overheat. By the way, the same sensor is also available in the oil heater.
Comparison of oil heater and convector
How the instruments are distinguished constructively and what they imagine, we figured out. Now let's compare them in detail in all possible parameters.
- Efficiency (efficiency) . There is a myth that convectors are 25% more economical oil radiators and warm the same area by spending less electricity. Most likely it originated because the convectors warm up the room faster than oil heaters that are long accelerated. But the heated oil heater, even the turned off continues to give heat for a long time, while the convector, disconnecting, does not heat the air. Therefore, if you take two of these instruments with the same power, for example, 1 kW, then under equal conditions, they will show almost the same efficacy. The exception is inverter convectors. They really more economically spend energy due to the "smart" decrease in the temperature of the heating element instead of periodic inclusion / disconnection.
The efficiency of the convectors falls in the premises with the ceilings above 3 m. Air convection of different temperatures is disturbed: the heat cloud accumulates, and at the bottom - cold. Oil heater due to direct thermal radiation in this case will be more efficient.
- Heating rate. Immediately after switching on, the convector warms the air: evenly and fast enough. The oil heater warms the oil first, it warms the body, and only then the air is heated near. Here is a convector undoubted leader.
Some models of oil radiators are equipped with fans. Then the heating rate of the room is not inferior to them, and often exceeds the similar parameter of the opponent.
- Scenarios of use. Both instruments can work continuously, turning off automatically when the air warms up to the desired mark. But, first, oil heaters cannot be used in the bathroom, while separate convectors are equipped with moisture protection. Secondly, the radiators housing can be heated to 100 degrees, which, when used in the children's room, carries a threat to babies to children. Convectors are heated to a maximum of 60-65 degrees.
Some models of oil radiators are equipped with protective covers. Such samples are safe for children.
- Dimensions. Oil radiators at the same power with convectors are larger and harder (there is a more durable metal and oil filling). For this reason, they are a little more difficult to move around the room.
- Design. Even the most modern oil radiator looks like a cast-iron battery, puffed with buttons, switches and light bulbs. Convectors look more modern. They can be embedded in almost any interior. Of course, they do not argue about tastes, but here you are awarding victory to convectors.
- Caring for the device. The oil radiator is quite the rag, but behind the ventilation holes of the convector need to monitor constantly. If they break dust, then the overheating of the device and the reduction of its effectiveness is provided. Victory for the oil heater.
- Safety of operation. Most models on both opposing sides are equipped with sensors that automatically turn off the device in case of tipping it. But the presence of oil inside the radiator is an additional risk factor: the radiator can flow or (hypothetical probability) explode. As mentioned above, the radiator can be burned, and there is no convector.
- Precision of sensors. The convect temperature sensor is located below. And as soon as the entire air in the room warms up to a given temperature (even the one that is on the floor), the convector will turn off. Oil radiator is less accurate. The device heats the air directly near the housing, which can cause incorrect operation of the temperature sensor. For example, in the corner of the room is still cold, and the sensor "considers", which is also warm, as near it, and turn off the radiator.
- Life time. Most of the manufacturers of oil heaters give a guarantee of 1-2 years. Convectors can boast with warranty periods that give up to 5 and even 10 years, which speaks eloquently in their favor. In addition, the proceeding oil heater is not subject to repair (cheaper will buy a new one), but the convectors are quite maintainable. Although those and other real deadlines exceed the warranty 2-3 times.
- Ecology. The myth of oxygen burning with oil radiators or convectors is nothing more than superstition (there is no source of open fire in devices). But the fact that due to convection the latter suffer dust and harmful microorganisms is true. Oil heaters in this regard are better: they do not create such strong air flows.
- Noise. Convectors work completely silently, most radiators are also, with the exception of models with a fan.
- Mobility. Both competitor have built-in wheels (do not take in the calculation of stationary models), in this parameter - parity.
- Cost. With comparable technical characteristics, oil heaters are a bit more expensive convectors. And the more additional functions in the device, the stronger the gap is growing in favor of convectors.
- Electronic control, display, remote control. These "increments" allow you to more accurately set the necessary temperature and control the device without getting up from the sofa. Radiators with a mechanical thermostat cannot boast such accuracy.
- Modes of operation. Most convectors are equipped with pre-installed modes that allow, for example, to save electricity (Economy mode).
- Drying things. Additional planks where you can hang and dry things is the strongest advantage of the radiator. With convectors, such a focus will not pass.
- Built-in ionizer. The benefits of the ionization of air still go disputes, however, many models have such an option.
- Frost protection. A function that allows for a long time to maintain a small positive temperature in the room if the hosts are missing for a long time.
- Humidifier. Useful option especially for dry climate. Moreover, the humidifier works autonomously and it can always be turned off if it is very raw in the room.
- Timer. Allows you to set the time to which the device warms the room.
Considering all the pros and cons, as well as analyzing the advantages and disadvantages of competitors, it can be safely argued that convectors almost all parameters exceed the morally obsolete oil radiators. If you decide to add warmth to your housing, they will be the best choice.
P.S. Determine the required power of an electrical appliance for heating the room of a specific area with this guide.
Very often, oil or convector-type heaters are used. In general, the principle of heating the air masses they have one (convection), but in each of the heaters, warm air is moving differently. Consider that there is a better convector or oil heater, for this weighing all the advantages and disadvantages of each of these devices and will try to make objective conclusions.
Oil type heaters
These devices are very widely used to increase air temperature in an apartment or house. It is extremely easy to install them, for this you do not need any special skills and knowledge. Included the device into the outlet, placing it closer to the heated place - and ready. Due to the most simple design, the breakage of the electrical circuit of the device is unlikely.
Several models of oil radiators - the extreme left is equipped with a fan.
The construction of the oil radiator is based on a metal reservoir with mineral oil pilling inside. In oil, in turn, there is an element for heating. As a rule, the device of this type is equipped with a retail for adjusting the temperature, a network cord compartment and electrical protection against overheating. Sometimes there is still a sensor in the heater that determines the deviation from the horizontal. This allows you to automatically turn off the overturned device. Also in oil radiators there is protection against splashes.
Oil radiators are equipped with a handle for convenient movement around the apartment.
Heaters are equipped with rotary wheels.
Cord compartment, designed to store power cord in non-working condition.
Advantages of oil instrument:
- Low price;
- Quiet work;
- Easy movement for different distances, for example, from the room to the room.
To determine which power the device will be required to make heat in the room, we use the following rule. If the height of the ceilings does not exceed three meters, then for heating 10 square meters of the room, you need a radiator with a power of 1 kilowatt. Basically release similar devices with a power range from 1 to 2, 5 kilowatt.
The device usually has a thermostat that sets the automatically desired temperature, supporting it at the same level. Very comfortable models equipped with a timer - it will turn on the heater at the appointed hour. For example, you can plan heating on the morning or for the evening, to the arrival of all households from work. Thus, the timer allows you to save a fair amount of electricity, which is worth it today as expensive.
Heater with electronic control system.
Mechanical control system.
Convector type heaters
From oil radiators, they differ in the form of the housing - they have it flat and smooth. It has a room thermostat, thanks to which the desired temperature is saved indoors.
Simple convectic heaters in classic design.
In contrast to oil-type heaters with mainly outdoor execution, convectable radiators are mainly fixed on the walls. But there are outdoor models - usually they have wheels for movement.
Convector having fasteners and can be hung on the wall and installed on wheels.
Plinth convectors, height can be from 15 cm, and from 1500 cm long.
Oil type heaters warmly emitted. Convectors have a minimum radiation - only from the front panel. And air heating occurs due to the exchange of warm cold and hot air masses. In this case, there is a constant movement of air along the surfaces of the heater.
Convectors are not at all noisy, their work is based on the natural process - air convection. They quickly and evenly warm the room. Mount the device on the wall is easy and simple, and if you wish, you can install it and on the floor. There are convector heaters for both homes and office, commercial or industrial premises.
In the convector device, the air moves, moving at different heights. Hot, more delivered, the air flies up, to the ceiling, and heavy cold - striving down, to the floor. If convection occurs correctly, then the streams of air masses are constantly arising, heating space.
So there is a movement of air masses in the process of convection.
The device consists of the following elements:
- Convection chamber (heater housing);
- Heating element built into the housing.
Convector heater with a removed front lid.
During operation, cold air, entering the convector, heats up with the help of a tan. The air becomes easier, it rises up and goes through the upper blinds. Well, and a new portion comes to the seat of the cold air of the room.
Heated air has a temperature displayed on the thermostat. It turns off, it turns on the heating element. The efficiency of this device is very high. The slots located on the front panel are designed to exit hot air. So that he moved not straight up, but heated the floor and walls, blinds for its exit are directed down. The air does not come immediately, but accumulating inside and getting overpressure. After that, it comes out of the device in the horizontal direction.
The thermostat of the convector heater.
Since the heating element is specially fixed in the housing, it does not have to worry about grounding. After all, the TEN does not have contact with the metal of the case - between them are stops from special heat-resistant plastic. A structural device is made in such a way that heat in the room is distributed evenly. This achieves comfort and comfort.
For those who cannot decide what to buy a convector or oil heater, it will not be superfluous to know about the advantages of convector heaters:
- These devices are fireproof and meet the requirements of the Eurostandard.
- Such heaters placed in each room and combined into one network can be obtained by a modular heating system. In the country or in a country cottage, it may well be used instead of a boiler, which is expensive, and requires the installation of numerous heating pipes,
- Thanks to the electronic thermostat and various modes of work, electricity can be very significantly saved.
Electronic control system and turning on-shutdown timer.
Convector and Oil Heater - Comparison Reuses undoubted leader
So, compare the main indicators of the two most popular heaters.
one. Efficiency of use. Oil radiator consumes a quarter more electricity than convector. Since electricity tariffs are constantly growing, this fact may be decisive when choosing a device.
2. Heat time. Warming up the air with an oil heater passes several steps: first electricity warms a tan, then the tan is oil, and it, in turn, heats the ribs of the body that gives heat to air mass. It takes a lot of time (and electricity worth a lot) - the device has long been turned on, and the cold is still in the room. Fans built into the oil heater can accelerate the process.
Oil type heater with built-in electric fan.
The TEN convector immediately warms the case, therefore its efficiency is at least 95 percent. But the heating rate is also not so high and the oil radiator equipped with a fan will soon benefit from the convector.
3. Comfort when working. It refers to the ease of carrying and editing. It should be noted that convectors in this regard are more convenient and more mobile. Their weight is not more than 10 kilograms, and oil devices are more cumbersome and heavy - their weight ranges from 18 to 25 kilograms. Convectors and on the wheels move more convenient, and it is easy to fasten on the wall, which will save the place in the apartment and make it easier to clean up. In addition, the temperature generated by the convector is more comfortable. It does not have drops throughout the volume of the room.
four. Security. You understand that the slaughtered oil is not the best neighbor. It heats the heater housing so that it is not far from the burn. The exceptions are heaters equipped with a protective casing.
Radiator with a protective casing, to protect against burn, which can be obtained touched to a hot radiator housing.
But convector devices can be called absolutely safe. After all, their body is heated only up to 60 degrees, and at such a temperature can not be burning. Equipped with protection function, convector left unattended, does not suit the host of the host. But the oil appliance cannot be left alone with the room - after all, some of its models do not even have an overheating sensor.
five. Life time. Probably, not one person witnessed the leakage of oil from the oil heater. Sooner or later, the leak appears. First, a microcrack appears on the housing, then the oil begins to evaporately through it. Well, in the end, the heater fails, and no one takes it to repair - is it possible to find a tiny microcrack. As for convector heaters, they serve for 10 and 15 years, although the warranty period manufacturer usually indicates 5 years.
6. Ecology device. To start, take as an axiom that dust in the room when air moves during the convection will always rise. Therefore, vendors are lied, telling about some special models of convection or oil heaters that do not raise dust. Now about burning oxygen. In convectors, the peculiarity of the Tan material and the heating temperature of the housing is such that this process is physically impossible. Some claims that oil radiators burning oxygen is still possible. Do not believe it is not true.
No oxygen heater burns - there is no open burning in them!
7. The cost of the device. The cost of convectable and oil heaters at approximately one level. But do not forget about the value for money, that is, to compare not only prices, but also the most important technical indicators (which was discussed above).
Prices for oil heaters:
Prices for convector heaters:
Comparative table of technical characteristics of oil and accessing heaters
|Options||Oil heater||Convector heater|
|Economy||-Maidoeconomic.||+More economical about 25%.|
|Heating time||+-Conventional models are heated for long, and fans equipped quickly.||-Heats the room for a long time.|
|Comfort to use||-Middle.||+More comfortable, both outdoor and wall models.|
|Security||-Big surface temperature (but there are models with a protective casing); In violation of the rules of operation there is a probability of an explosion.||+The surface of the convector is not exposed to severe; You can leave unattended.|
|Ecology||-Due to the convection raises dust||-Due to the convection raises dust|
And for the aggregate of all the foregoing, it is possible to definitely conclude that it is best to acquire a convector. Lightweight, compact, silent and safe, these heating devices gradually displaces heavy short-lived devices filled with hot oil from apartments and offices. So it can be said that the oil heaters have almost already become yesterday in the work of the premises.
The only thing that model oil heaters are equipped with fans are capable of heating the room somewhat faster, but the process of heating its surface remains long. See below for detailed materials on the selection of heaters.
Video. Convector or oil heater
If you have noticed an error, not a working video or link, please select a text fragment and click Ctrl + Enter. .
What is better: convector or oil heater?
It is electric oily or convector-type heaters that are considered the most popular and in demand throughout the world, including in our country. Moreover, even despite the high cost of the electricity itself. On the advantages and minuses of species of such electrical heaters, as well as how best to choose, we will talk in this article.
Device, pluses and convector consvetern
Convector is a special type of heating devices that work on the principle of convection, it is from here that he got its name. The fact is that air masses, passing through the intake valve, heated and exit through the outlet. Gray air climbs up, as a result, all air masses in the room are heated to one state.
The convector of several main parts consists.
- Outer housing. It contains several holes through which air fence occurs, as well as a way out of the already heated air masses. The big plus is that the surface of the case never heats up 45 degrees.
- A heating element. The second name is the heat exchanger. It is from what metal it is made, not only the name of the entire convector, but also the effectiveness of its work as a whole.
- Temperature regulator. This device helps to control the temperature of the heater, as well as turn it on and off automatically when there are specified parameters.
The convector heater can be electronic, water or infrared.
All these varieties of such a radiator can be used both in private home ownership or apartment and in public places.
The main advantages of convectors are the following points.
- Wide range and large price variation. This makes it possible to purchase a convector of a particular type to anyone who wants a person.
- Economical consumption of electricity. Very important plus, especially in the conditions of constantly increasing tariffs for the LCA.
- The warming of the room occurs faster than when using other types of heaters.
- The use of a convector allows you to create indoors as comfortable as possible and favorable conditions for a person microclimate.
- The heaters of this type can be absolutely safely operated even in rooms with high humidity. A high level of safety allows them to be used not only in any rooms, but also in different parts.
- The presence of models for the built-in or partially built-in setup makes it possible to install an additional source of heating in the room, while not clinging it.
- It is possible to use the convector not only as a heater, but also as a decorative decoration of any room.
Despite all the advantages, it did not cost without flaws.
- The convector contributes to the rapid movement and spread of dust. This means that choosing this option of heating, the wet cleaning will have to do much more often.
- If there is no external thermal insulation of the facade, the use of a convector heater will be meaningless, since most of the heat will go through the walls into the street.
- Installation of the convector heater, especially in-depth or base, is difficult to perform independently. This means that it will have to pay for professional installation separately.
- This option is not suitable for the heater and for rooms, in which the ceiling height is more than 2.5 meters. In such premises, warm air will be concentrated only in the center of the room, and the coolness will still be felt in the corners.
Despite the existing shortcomings, Convectors today enjoy in high demand, especially infrared and water type.
Features of the oil heater
This option of additional heating of the room has already appeared in the last century and from that time the device itself, and more precisely its appearance, has almost undergone any significant changes.
The oil heater is made of the following details.
- Case. Most modern models it is made of metal, although sometimes on sale you can find budget plastic models. The appearance of such a casing is very similar to the classic heating radiators.
- Coolant - It is evenly placed inside the entire body. In such heaters, they are special radiator mineral oil.
- For easier movement of the heater, it is equipped with the bottom or Special stand, or wheels.
- As an additional configuration, you can highlight pretty Short cord with a fork to turn on the unit into the outlet.
- TEN - The heating element is located at the bottom of the radiator and separated from the oil with a special collector. It is he who heats up from electricity and its heat transmits oil.
Today, you can find oil heaters that are equipped with an additional fan. It enhances convection heating of such a radiator.
The main advantages of such a heater are considered the following.
- The simplest design and low cost. On average, the usual oil heater is 2-4 times cheaper than the convector of the simplest type.
- The area of heat exchange of such an oil radiator is quite large due to the special design of the case. This is exactly what makes it possible to warm up with one device quite large rooms.
- Use, installation and operation of such a heater do not require special skills. All that you need is to enable the fixture to the outlet and press the power button. Some models are equipped with a heating degree setting regulator.
- Unlike convector heating devices, the oil heater does not cause the movements of large volumes of dust.
It was not without flaws here.
- The oil inside the heater heats up rather slowly. Therefore, wait until the cold room will heat up to normal temperatures, it will have long. But it is worth remembering that this radiator cools is also very slow.
- Premises warming always occurs unevenly - the closer to the heater, the greater.
- Electronics, namely the thermostat runs not as exactly as in converter models. It is impossible to set the exact temperature of heating up to several degrees.
- The device itself has a rather impressive size and takes a lot of space. This makes its use of poorly sound or even almost impossible in the rooms of a small square.
- The housing of the oil heater is strongly heated. Therefore, there is a high probability of obtaining a strong burn.
Both types of heaters have their own advantages, and their shortcomings. That is why buyers are sometimes very difficult to make the final choice.
What is the difference?
Convectors can be electric, water, infrared, but not oil. While the oil heaters are a certain hybrid of a convector and a classic electric heater, in which only special oil is always performed as a coolant. The convector heater heats the air masses around itself and around the room. The oil heater initially warms the coolant inside itself.
Choosing an oil radiator, you will not have to raise the frequency of wet cleaning, while using the convector radiator it is extremely necessary.
Converter models, in contrast to oil, heated the room is uniformly and during minutes . In addition, they themselves are heated and cooled very quickly, while oil heaters have this procedure to take up to 1 hour. And also, oil heating devices are only outdoor, while convectors can be floor, wall, portable or even embedded. And it is also worth noting that It is much more economical in terms of electricity consumption.
Comparison of characteristics
To determine what to choose for your apartment, houses or office - oil heater or convector, It is necessary to familiarize yourself with the characteristics of each device and with what they differ from each other.
- The heating temperature of the body in the convector is about 50 degrees, and the oil radiator can reach 90 degrees.
- The dimensions of convector heaters are more compact compared to oil. In addition, they always weigh 2-3 times less, depending on their type.
- The average service life of the convector is 25 years, while oil heaters in rare cases can function more than 10 years.
It is also worth noting here that convectors retain the high efficiency of their work throughout the service life. But in oil devices, it decreases every year by an average of 5%.
In principle, any type convectors are more modern autonomous heating systems. They have more advantages and less disadvantages. But possessing higher power and security, they have a higher cost. And it also needs to be considered.
The choice is difficult to do, so before buying it is necessary to decide on the following moments.
- What kind of room and how to dampen it. That is, whether the heater will be used autonomously or in addition to the main heating.
- Learn heated area.
- To determine how long and for some months / years is planned to operate the heater.
- Decide with the maximum amount that can be spent on a new purchase.
Only answering these questions, you can really make a right choice and acquire the type of heater that is suitable for you.
In the next video, you will learn how to choose the proper heater for the room.
At the occurrence of colds, many begin to think about to insulate housing or office. Convector or oil heater and you need to choose for this. To decide, it is important to know the features of both devices, ergonomics and efficiency
What is the difference between the convector from the oil heater
Oil and convector heaters are essentially different technical devices. Their work is aimed at fulfilling the same goal - warming air, but they work according to various principles.
Oil heater is an electric radiator whose coolant is mineral oil. The surface of the device is heated to a temperature from 80 to 110 ºC. There are two main types of oil heaters - panel and sectional. In the first oil is in a flat tank, and the second type is characterized by the presence of several sections in the radiator.
The convector is called the device that ensures the heating of the room by the air convection. Its main advantage is safety.
Pros and disadvantages of convectable and oil heaters
To understand the difference between convector and oil heater, you need to consider their advantages and disadvantages.
Oil heaters are popular due to a number of advantages:
- low cost compared to other types of heating devices;
- small electricity consumption in contrast to other types of heating;
- accumulate heat and after the disconnection for a long time they maintain the temperature indoor;
- Installation does not require special skills (you need to find a safe place for it, turn on the outlet and configure the temperature regulator on the panel);
- sacchability of work, which is sometimes very important;
- A small size allows you to install an oilball anywhere.
Like any devices, in addition to advantages, they have some drawbacks:
- uneven warming of air;
- Low efficiency (efficiency), because heat goes to heating the body of the device;
- Long heats the air.
For comparison, it is proposed to explore the pluses of the convector heater:
- Hollow construction allows you to warm up air evenly;
- The room is heated at times faster than when using other heat engineers;
- Convectors can completely replace the central heating;
- Full security.
Convectors also have consoles in operation:
- They can create drafts;
- the risk of overheating due to long work;
- high price.
Comparison of oil radiator and convector
The difference between the convector from the oil heater is significantly, but not everyone sees the difference. In addition, both instruments produce heat, they differ in technical specifications:
Parameter / option
Long, approximately 25-35 minutes after switching on
On average, 5 minutes, as it immediately warms the air, unlike the competing model
Low (consumes a lot of energy)
High (economical even with round-the-clock heating)
The surface is heated strongly and the device cannot be left without supervision (exception - models with a protective screen).
Safe, because the housing is heated to 40 ºC and it can be left unattended and used in a room with small children and animals
Not very convenient to use due to danger
Convenient because there are models wall, outdoor, big and small
Short (up to 5 years)
Long (up to 15 years)
Judging by the table, we can conclude that the convector is better than oil heaters. They are considered a remnant of past years, they are now smallly used in everyday life. Despite this, both types have drawbacks. For example, they cut the air, raise dust, warm the room for a long time and "pull" electricity.
What more economical: Oil heater or convector
Oil warms slower than the convector device, despite the fact that it has a simple and relaxed design. He needs time for a set of temperature of an inner tube electric heater, which will warm the oil, then the housing, and then the return of heat will begin. Due to this and energy for heating, it will be necessary more. Convector The first batch of air warms for a minute after switching on.
What best warms: convector or oil radiator
Both types of equipment are warm, but in different ways. The oil radiator first warms up to 80-110 ºC, and then begins to warm the area around him. Then the warmer air climbs upwards, and the heater warms the one that the bottom that is still cold. Thus, the room rises the total temperature. But at the same time, it is impossible to achieve a uniform regime in the room. Because closer to the radiator will be warmer, then - cooler.
The work of the convector is based on the principle of physical convection, that is, mixing cold air with warm. This allows you to achieve uniform temperatures throughout the room. At the bottom of the device is a heating element, and in the upper - holes for air ventilation. Thus, it passes through the convector and warms up.
Important! Air is originally already inside the convector, and it is heated when it is turned on in 15 seconds, after which the heating of the room begins.
Due to the fact that the convection type device quickly and safely warms air, on its basis, an electrical autonomous heating is mounted, which completely replaces the centralized one. To do this, the batteries are mounted on the walls in the rooms and connect to one row, which adjusts the inclusion and the desired temperature.
What is safer: convector or oil heater
In addition to warming up air, it is important that the heater is safe. This is especially true of the owners of animals and parents of young children. According to this criterion, preference must be given to the electric convector. It has a hollow case with a slight expansion from above. Ten is located below, and the rest of the place takes the air, which all the time is converted with cold to create an ideal temperature in the room.
The oil heater warms up completely, that is, its panel or section becomes hot, depending on the model. It is less safe than direct action heaters, but it cannot be left for a long time unattended. The oil that is inside, flammable, and the device can explode with improper operation.
Regarding the environmental factor - both heaters are equally safe. But they negatively reflect on the quality of the air in the room, because they cut it. It is recommended to use a moisturizer with a frequent use of heaters, especially if there is a small child in the house.
Comparison of the size of the oil heater and convector
Dimensions depend on the type and model. Usually convectors are smaller and more compact, due to which they occupy a little space. In addition, they can be outdoor and walls, while oil radiators are produced only outdoor. Despite this, high-quality heating provide both types, so they compete in the market for many years.
By weight, the largest convectors - up to 10 kg, and radiators - 20 and 25 kg. Wall-mounted convection type models are small and lungs - no more than 5 kg, as a rule. But it is worth noting that they warm the room worse and fit for a small room, no more than 11 square meters. m.
Durability and service life
Another difference between the convector and the oil heater lies in the duration of the device. Warranty period of operation Manufacturers indicate individually for each model. Also durability depends on the frequency of use. If you include several convectors in different rooms, they can be installed on them, which will save electricity.
In the price the difference between convectors and oil radiators is also there. The first is more expensive, but at the same time they serve longer. If the cellular needs to be changed every 5-10 years, then the electrical heater can serve until 20 years when it is properly operation. In recent years, it is customary to consider the best model of the Altis Eco Boost 2 CHG-BD1 convector.
Its value fluctuates depending on the point of sale, but on average it is up to 8 thousand rubles. The Finnish model ENSTO BETA MINI EPHBEM is also popular, the approximate value of which is 5.5 thousand rubles.
Tip! Quality masters can be purchased at a price of 1 to 3 thousand rubles.
How to make the right choice
The advantages of the convector in front of the oil radiator are in efficiency and safety. These are the two main factors that are the most important when choosing a heater for a home or office. To finally decide, you need to repel from personal preferences, budget and use points. For example, in an office you can install an inexpensive Maslyaker, and you can buy a safe and efficient convector home.
In summing up it should be noted that you need to choose a convector or oil heater carefully and responsibly. Both of them have a number of advantages and disadvantages, so it should be repelled from personal preferences and goals that the device must perform.
Reviews about what is better: oil heater or convector
Irina Kovalchuk, 36 years old, Magnitogorsk
I live alone, and I am satisfied with the oil radiator. Many say that he is more dangerous, but the device was cheaper and I like how the room was heated. I turn it on in the evenings for a couple of hours, and this is enough so that the bedroom was warm all night.
Sergei Vasiliev, 29 years old, Moscow
All my life enjoyed oil radiators and everything suited me. With the advent of the child in the house purchased convector and very satisfied. First, the children's heats up to the desired temperature very quickly, which allows the use of the device for several hours, and not the whole night.
Svetlana Vladimirovna, 47 years old, Yeisk
The convector heater acquired not very long ago, but already appreciated its quality. I like that it works silently, the case is not heated. Sometimes a cat jumps into it or grandchildren touch, and no one burns down.
Even the presence in the house or apartment of the stationary heating system does not exempt the hosts from worries to acquire alternative heat sources. Situations can be the most different - problems or accidents on heat networks or in boiler houses, sharp cooling in the fall, before the inclusion of heating, or in spring - after the completion of the heating season is completed. And the events of the last year convincingly showed what and in the summer months sometimes the weather may be like that what from the concept of "summer" remains Only name. And even more so, such sources of heat are needed, if, for example, in the country house, no other heating system is not provided.
Exit is used to maintain electrical heaters to maintain heat. Nowadays, an assortment of such devices presented on sale is extremely wide. Moreover The variety of them is in all respects: the principle of heating, power, size, body execution and other. It is not difficult to get confused ... therefore, and so often, potential buyers have a number of questions. One of Common - convector or oil heater what is better. Let's try to illuminate this problem.
And we will begin to consider the "veterans" in the sphere of electric heating - with oil radiators.
The device of oil heaters
The word "veteran" was applied not by chance - Oil radiators appeared yet At the dawn "Epoch" of electric heating. And their initial design, by the way, has not undergone special changes.
The principle of operation is that the electrical heating element Got Heat with liquid coolant enclosed in a sealed metal case. Thermal energy is transmitted to the surfaces of the hull, which is already Participate In the heat transfer with air indoors. In addition, strong heating case gives and a very tangible effect of direct thermal radiation. In a word, a direct analogy with powerful cast iron or steel batteries of a conventional heating system begins.
Mineral oil is used as a liquid "intermediate" coolant (for example, transformer). How much It is the oil? There are several reasons for that:
- High boiling point. That is, at heating levels, peculiar to such devices , reduced the risk of boiling and active gas formation of the coolant. And at the same time - low passage of transition to hard The aggregate state, that is, the device is not afraid of defrosting.
- High (more than ordinary water or antifreeze) heat capacity Mineral oil, that is, the ability to accumulate thermal energy transmitted to it.
- Oil filling of the metal housing protects the inner surfaces from corrosion.
Modern oil radiators are available in approximately the same layout:
1 - metallic (usually steel) housing, which consists in most modern models of Several sections resembling "classic" forms of heating radiators. Cases are collected using stamping technology with subsequent welding parts. Them Putting Needed tightness. Important: Sections, in contrast to many types of batteries, are not allowed, that is, no changes to the design of the device cannot be made.
The inner cavity of the body is filled with coolant - mineral oil.
Sections are communicated to each other - they are connected by manifolds from above and below. In the bottom manifold (pos. 2), practically along the entire length of the heater Placed Electric heating element (TEN).
Metal case and liquid filling make an oil heater with a very heavy device. For his Reliable Accommodation on the floor (And other installation methods for it is not provided) It is equipped with or stand, or what is practiced more often - Cart S. wheels (pos. 3). It simplifies the permutation of the heater to the right place within the room or apartment. For the same purposes, many models provide a handle (pos.4).
To connect the heater to the outlet there is a power cord with a fork (pos.5). As a rule, thoroughly thought out and folding the cord for that period when the device is not used and sent to storage in the pantry. It can be a compartment with a closing door or a bobbin right on the housing.
Heaters usually have an indication of work —simple Type Light bulbs or LEDs (pos. 6), or even quite informative with a digital display. Controls, as a rule, are a switch mode switch (pos. 7) and an electromechanical (less often electronic) thermostat, which allows to set the required temperature in the room.
In various models there may be features. So, oil heaters with a built-in fan are increasingly found. This allows you to accelerate the achievement of the desired temperature in the cold room, that is, to a certain degree, brighten the pronounced inertness, characteristic of electrical heaters of this type.
Oil heaters prices
As can be seen from the device itself, Basic principle The heat exchange is direct heat transfer and thermal radiation. However , some models have enclosures, Prisoners в Housings With vertical through channels. This contributes to the creation of powerful ascending streams of preheated air. In fact, the oil heater is somewhat turns into a convector.
As a rule, all modern oil radiators are protected from overheating. In case of exceeding the permissible temperature, it will work Termorelay Blowing power circuit.
A very appropriate level of protection is the instrument position sensor. A similar heater is designed to work exclusively in a vertical position. The fact is that the oil filling takes not the whole volume - certain The emptiness is needed to compensate for the temperature expansion of the fluid. And if the device is belonging, that is, the probability that the TEN, located in the lower collector, will remain partially or completely unlocked butter, and without proper heat sink will quickly fill up to unacceptable temperatures. And this is fraught, best case scenario - output Tan Cancel, and at worst - it is better not to think ... Therefore, a position sensor is needed - a tilted device will immediately be automatically disabled from the power supply.
Advantages and disadvantages of oil heaters
To make a really afflicted selection of the heater, it is necessary to know its advantages and disadvantages. Let's take a look that in this sense You can say About oil radiators.
К Advantages Such devices include the following:
- As can be seen, the design is not different. It predetermines and due reliability In operation, and the low level of prices for the instruments of this type.
- Large heat exchange area for score Ribbed sectional execution of the case. True, it still meets oil radiators with a flat case. But they also have their own "plus" - the device becomes not so overall in width.
- The device does not require any difficult installation. Despite the solid mass, the heater, thanks Wheel The trolley is easy to move to the right place, thereby providing, for example, a zone of increased heating.
- The prevailing principle of heating is thermal radiation and direct heat transfer. This does not cause significant directional air movements, that is, the device does not become the "initiator" of the appearance of drafts and transfer of a large amount of dust.
Now Walk out by Disadvantages Oil radiators:
- Very big heating inertness –One of the explicit "minuses" of such heaters. Wait until the oil radiator will go In the right mode of operation itself and create a tangible effect in the cold room, it falls for quite a long time. True, such inertness turns into a certain dignity - even the device turned off after heating will be yet long to share heat for score High Heat capacity Considerable oil.
This disadvantage of B. defined Degree eliminated in models in which There is a built-in fan.
- Heating unevenness Volume Premises - near the radiator will always be much hotter than on the periphery of the room.
- This is also explained and not so correct, like other electrical heating devices, the operation of automation. The built-in thermostat is very difficult to correctly assess the temperature in the room.
- Large dimensions of the device, "eating" a lot of useful space in the room, sometimes impossible to install it in optimal, it would seem place .
- The oil heater housing is heated to high temperatures. A random touch to it may well end up a serious burn. It is especially important to remember that if there are young children in the house. By the way, even the heater itself itself Wheel Cart may cause quite understandable gaming interest. child . And many children, until they themselves do not hurt, not always the warnings of adults. So or never leave children without oversight on the "Neighborhood" with such a heater, or purchase more secure appliances.
In some models of oil radiators, measures are provided to reduce such Trampling . Case with heat exchange sections concluded In a protective cover that hides angular shapes ribs And yet does not heat up to critically dangerous temperatures.
Prices for convectors
- There is an oil radiator and Achilles Fif. Such a vulnerable place becomes microcracks of the case, especially often arising over the welds. They may be absolutely not noticeable Naked The eye, but still lead to gradual leakage and evaporation of oil fill. Reducing the calculated amount of heat carrier leads To overheating the device and fast failure, or to permanent response Termorelay . That is, the work of automation becomes incorrect, the operation of the device is extremely uncomfortable and even dangerous.
And the repair of such damage to the body is usually not carried out. At least for those considerations that its cost can exceed the price of a new heater.
- The high-temperature surface heating can be the cause of the fire, for example, if the owners decided to dry out the stassed things on the oil radiator, thereby disturbing the normal heat exchange, and the automation for some reason did not work.
Violating the normal heat exchange is unacceptable, by the way, in any heating devices, without exception. But in oil radiators, the hazard of overheating is particularly expressed.
If there is a need for fast drying, such as children's things or shoes, then an oil heater should be purchased in which such an opportunity is provided. Such models are equipped with or special brackets that allow linen on the safe distance from the housing, or a special shelf.
- Oil radiators themselves rarely, when they can become or poor, or well-fit in the interior of the room. In many design styles, they simply do not fit.
However Despite the many shortcomings, the instruments of this type still hold very high positions of popularity. Maybe, affects some inertness of thinking of many consumers who yet Not tested in practice the heaters of another type, for example, convectors.
Sample electrical convector device
The name of these devices speaks of the prevailing principle of heat exchange is the creation of convection flows of preheated air. Under this principle "sharpened" and the whole design of such heaters.
The entire device is assembled in metallic (less often - plastic) housing (pos.1) with a characteristic flat rectangular shape - significant sizes on Line and height with incomparable less thickness. It is this form of the box that becomes the very "aerodynamic pipe", in which a powerful directional air flow is formed. From the bottom, understandable case, there are sloping holes for admission cooled air (pos.2). At the top - also sloping holes or controlled blinds (pos.3) to exit the heated flow and give it the desired direction. The outlet holes can be located on the front panel (frontal), only on the upper end side of the device, under defined Angle I. T.P. . And in some models Several types of their alignment are combined, sometimes it is possible to switch the flow direction.
At the bottom inside the case, immediately immediately after the input channels are installed Heating Elements (pos.4). They can be of different types. At the dawn of the appearance of convectors, needle heaters were more often used, which are essentially open to the spiral, all the shortcomings inherent . Now such convectors are almost not produced.
The modern heating element is a tubular tan, "dressed" into the aluminum "shirt" with numerous Ribs For larger heat exchange area. Or at all A solid aluminum assembly, which is considered the best in terms of performance, safety and durability.
1 - needle heating element.
2 - TEN in the ribbed aluminum "shirt".
3 - solidized aluminum heating element
At the top ( because It is shown in the diagram, or on the side of the body) there are controls of the heating instrument. Here, By the way, A complete analogy with oil radiators can be traced. So, there is a switch or switch of work modes - heating power levels (pos. 5). It's hard to imagine what would that neither heating electrical device, not Equipped thermostat (pos. 6). By the way, the temperature sensor of the thermostat (pos. 7) in the convectors is located very competently - at the entrance cooled Air from below to the heating element. This allows you to accurately control the ambient air temperature in the room and react correctly to her Changes. That is, if the sensor shows that the air at the entrance to the device reached the installed level of heating (namely, according to the laws of physics, there will be the lowest temperature), the heating element will turn off. As soon as the temperature drops below the specified value, the operation of the convector will resume.
The degree of complexity of the controls can also be different. Relatively inexpensive devices are equipped with simple electromechanical thermostats. But you can purchase a heater with an electronic indication, exactly the temperature, the possibility of programming the mode of work in time and even by day of the week. it gives Considerable savings, for example, when the convector in the absence of owners only supports some minimal level of heating, but to the coming home - will provide an optimal microclimate indoor.
Like other electrical heaters, convectors are equipped with protection systems. For example, the diagram shows the temperature sensor (pos. 8) installed inside the case. If for any reason it stopped or greatly found the free movement of the air through the convector (the inlet holes are clogged with dust or garbage, the fabric is randomly added to the output blinds and T.P. .), The sensor will respond to an abnormal temperature increase and turn off the power circuit, not allowing dangerous overheating. In many devices, especially in mobile execution, a position sensor provides for shutting down during accidental tipping.
By the way, a few words about the varieties of convectors in the way them Installations. Unlike oil radiators (by virtue of high-temperature heating of the case, Before Requires a safe distance from a wall or any furniture items), convectors can be placed stationary on the walls. Such models have special brackets or suspension systems. The mass of devices is small, and the installation can be installed on the wall from any material.
But it does not exclude the "mobile" use of such devices. Many models are initially intended for portable use - they are equipped with supports or Wheel trolley. And the most convenient universal convectors, which provide both opportunities.
By the way, stationary convectors can be both fundamentally different performance. So, the popularity of plinth heaters are gaining popularity that can be installed below. at all Along the entire surface of the wall. AND yet One trend - when carrying out repairs or construction, the hosts initially think over the placement of convectors and use models that are completely hidden in the floor.
True, such heating appliances are already rather belong to stationary main heating systems, and уWe are more about auxiliary. Therefore, from further consideration, they will exclude them.
From additional functions by convector Mark Availability in some models of an air ionizer. A very useful feature, substantially "healing" atmosphere indoors. Special Actual For people with chronic respiratory diseases.
Many modern models can be controlled remotely, with the help of the console. For some users, it has a considerable meaning.
Advantages and disadvantages of electrical convectors
The developers of convection electrical heating devices managed to escape from some disadvantages inherent in high-temperature heaters. But, however, appeared and defined limitations.
К Advantages Referred following:
- Tangible effect OT. Included Convection heater is achieved much faster - for score active movement of air flows.
- The housing never heats up to high temperatures. Maximum heating surface - 60 degrees. Hot, of course, but burn will not happen. Such instruments, especially in a stationary version, can be placed in the children's room.
- Thermostatic automation works much correctly, since the sensor is not in the "aura" of high-temperature heating. This allows in modern devices to set the predetermined temperature in the rooms literally to degree.
- The absence of open spirals excludes the completely probability of dust burning with the release of unpleasant odors.
- Many modern convectors have a housing with a high grade of security, including - and from water splashes. So such devices can be stationary in the bathroom or combined Bathroom.
- Convectors are compact, and do not clutter the room, especially when installing on the walls.
- The "appearance" of such devices fits almost any interior. And if you wish, you can choose a convector with color design of the housing, or even with the photo printing, made by the customer files.
Now - O. Disadvantages :
- Strong convection flows, especially at the beginning of the work of the heater in a cold room, can cause a draft along the floor. I don't like sensitive to this people when the legs "blows cold".
- The movement of air flow is accompanied by the transfer of a large amount of dust. So about the purity of the room where the convector is installed, you need to take care of particularly carefully.
- The stationary installation convector will not meet the hopes if the wall has an insufficient level of thermal insulation. The air flow will be simply tired on the cold surface, without causing the desired circulation indoors. However, the requirements for high-quality insulation of their home are valid for everyone, regardless of which heating system is used. Otherwise, it will be "money to the wind".
- This method of heating for rooms with high (more than 3 meters) ceilings or excessively large area is not fully effective. Business in T. Oh. that at considerable distances can Rapt kinetic stream potential. In the area of the ceiling, a stagnant zone with heated air is often formed, and in The rest Volume Effective heat exchange rooms may not be observed.
Compare oil radiators and convectors
It's time to compare distinctive features , the advantages and disadvantages of these heating devices to appear more intelligible to perceive the picture.
- Power and efficiency indicators Heating
And those and other heaters are produced in a rather wide range of capacity - from small devices by 500 ÷ 700 W to capable of achieving indicators in several kw . Selection on this parameter the same for Both types , and is built on the assessment of the premises in which they will be used. How it is done - will be told in the appendix to the article, where, by the way, there is a convenient calculator Calculation .
Return Compared. Often you can meet the statement that, they say, heaters convector Type is consumed by 25 ÷ 30% less energy for heating the room, compared with oil radiators of equal power. And by this, they say, their increased economy is ensured.
Let's just say - it is complete nonsense. The law of conservation of energy - no one canceled, it equally applies to any types of instruments. That is, if we need to warm some of the same air volume, say from 10 to 20 degrees, then it will require a certain amount of heat energy, which can be calculated by taking the material (air) and its number as the basis Volume or weight dimension. And the point!
The efficiency of electrical heaters are approximately comparable, and always significantly above 90% (electrical energy is almost completely converted to heat). So - it does not matter how it will heat it. Spending less energy to heating the same Volume - Simply impossible. Especially ridiculous to talk about winning almost a quarter!
Apparently, those who approve like this fall into a semantic logical error. Yes, if we need warm, as they say, "here and right now", then it will be faster than the effect of heating from the convector. Stress - It is a tangible effect, and not a full warning at all Volume .
And the oil radiator at this time is still "saving power", gradually distinguished, and the heat from it will not be perceived immediately. But it will "recoup" later, when it comes to a given power level. And even after turning off (thermostat)) the radiator will not cease to heat the room in High inertness power . In the convector, during this time, several start and stop cycles will probably be completed.
Prices for electrical convectors
So the statement on a higher efficiency will be conditionally fairly given when considering only some very short period in work. For example: Came , quickly warmed the room to More or less acceptable level - and good. Yes, it's fast, and a lot of energy is really in a short time Come on Will not have time. But if you already take at least on the scale of the day (not to mention the longer periods), then, with equal power and efficiency indicators, the gain in the expendable electricity to wait naively.
So What is approximate equality .
This is a completely different evaluation criterion.
- Indeed, if the owners arrived at the cold cottage and included electric heating, it is significantly faster with the task of creating acceptable conditions for staying in the room it will cope with the convector. True, with a small reservation - competition can make an oil radiator with a built-in fan, creating a forced stream of heated air.
- convector with properly selected parameters Creates A more uniform distribution of heat in the volume of the room.
- oil radiators for score His cumbersome and large mass is more difficult in moving (including, for example, when transporting to a country house, if there is a need for).
- The oil radiator always takes a considerable space in the room. And the convector can well be placed at the wall or on it. Of particular importance it acquires in small rooms in the area.
- according to the degree of functional Equipment You can fix parity. And with that and on the other hand There are models as the simplest and "unfarshed" useful and not very options.
- But by the complexity of the care of devices in winning It turns out Radiator - it is enough to periodically wipe away from dust. And in the convector, you must not forget to monitor the condition of the heat exchanger and the blinds, to carry out their regular cleaning - the ribbed surface can overcome dust that prevents free air circulation.
However For ease of convenience, you can probably add convectors.
- Operating safety device
- By Equipment Built-in security systems Approximately "on equal" —It all depends on the specific model. But not that the main thing в Dann case.
- That the high-temperature heating of the oil radiator significantly reduces the level of security - has already been mentioned above. Can add yet One nuance. Warming fluid in closed volume - It is always the likelihood of an explosion. Let both of the meager, hypothetical with proper operation, but still ...
- It has already been mentioned that convectors of many models are allowed to install even in the bathrooms. With an oil radiator, it is completely excluded.
Thus, on security issues, the unconditional leader are convectors.
- Ecology Operating
- Contrary to very Common Opinion, no electrical heaters burn oxygen. it possibly only with open burning, and this "suffered" in defined EXigences with open spirals, and even that - only when combustion of dust or small insects. Even strong heating of the surface of the oil radiator or Tan The convector is still unable to cause the process of burning organic. So in this matter - absolute equality.
- We mention, by the way, yet One attributed to electrical heaters "trouble", that they say, the air is dried. Question - how can they dry it? Rather, on the contrary, heating should lead to active evaporation of water, if it somehow got into this zone, that is, to enhance humidity. To split the water molecule from the vapor already contained in the air, the hydrogen and oxygen at such low temperatures is impossible.
Apparently, it simply changes the perception of a comfortable humidity with an increase in the room in a room, and a feeling may appear her Insufficiency, that is, "dry air". If this is the case, the problem is easily solved by installing small capacities with water. By the way, many models of both oil radiators and convectors provide such an opportunity. And some - even have built-in compartments for filling water. So to allocate some kind of sign, and there is no need.
By the way, these "postulates" at the "dryer of air" and " burnout Oxygen "sellers are quite often practiced in their work. So, some model is often exhibited, which is attributed to the "magical" qualities in these issues, although it is not fundamentally different from others. Add - and can not be different.
- But with the transfer of dust and the microorganisms weighted in the air, convectors look unfaithfully. Created directional air flows directly contribute to this. If there are filtering systems in air conditioners and many stationary fan heaters, then it will not be possible to apply them. Just the kinetic energy of the natural stream is clearly not enough to " sell "Its through the filtering material. So the only way to combat this phenomenon will be frequent and high-quality cleaning in the room.
Oil radiator also definitely Creates Convection flows. But they are not so directed, smoother, not such "high-speed" and dynamic. So the effect of dust transfer is expressed significantly weaker. But this does not mean that cleaning is not needed - it should always be clean with any heating systems.
Summary in terms of sanitation in the leads are oil radiators.
About tastes, of course, do not argue, but judging by user reviews and photographs, Placed On the Internet, convectors look more presentable and better fit into the interior.
There are no words, on both sides there may be "recordsmen" both by the rate of failure and duration of operation. But in general, we can say that the durability of convectors - one and a half times higher.
Again, much depends on the brand and from the specific model. But if you compare approximately equal to the possibilities and quality of execution instruments, the oil radiator Hope Still cheaper.
According to comparison, the conclusion is suggested that the acquisition of an electric convector heater looks still preferable. Of course, this opinion is difficult to name 100% objective, so the choice in the final account does not matter Lost on the consumer. We hope this article will help him make the right decision.
Prices for heaters
Video: Comparison of convector and oil radiator (not in favor of the last)
If the reader does not satisfy any of the instruments considered, it can also choose another electrical heater. Information on our portal on this issue is quite a few.
"Multiples" of electrical heating devices
Electric heaters can differ significantly on the principle of heat transfer, convenience in operation, dimensions, functional Equipment Price. For comparison, it makes sense to familiarize himself with their characteristics. So, in one of the articles of our portal it is described in detail about How to choose a fan heater . Separate publication is dedicated thermal curtains at the entrance door . Standing closer become acquainted and with alternative electrical Heating system PLEN .
APPENDIX: how decide with the required power of the electric heater
We have already mentioned above that the required power of the electrical heating device does not depend on its type.
Razing "Formula" saying that for heating 10 square meters required 1 kw Thermal energy is not quite correct. This is very averaged The value, which can be used with numerous reservations - only in the middle strip of Russia, and at no higher ceilings. 7 M. yes with good windows and high-quality thermal insulation, and yet Many other "yes."
It is better to apply another algorithm. On the fore in this matter Output Evaluation of thermal losses of the room, which must compensate for the heater. Do not bring all formulas Calculation . Let's just say that they are all included in the online calculator offered to readers.
Perhaps someone will seem overswined by estimated criteria. Well, some of them can be ignored, but the accuracy of calculations will suffer. In addition, most of the data entry fields in the calculator are arranged in such a way that in case of leaving "by default", the calculation will be carried out as for the most unfavorable conditions. And this means that power indicators may turn out to be overestimated. And the possibilities of the acquired device (which will certainly be more expensive) will remain constructedly unclaimed.
If in the way Calculation Questions will arise, some hints are posted in notes below.
Calculator for Calculation of the necessary thermal power of the electric heater
Go to calculations
Explanations for holding Calculations
Explanations are given in order of making data:
- The area of the room and the height of the ceilings make it possible to estimate the amount of air to be heated.
- Heatlopotieri go through the outer walls, and the walls are more, the higher and the loss.
- Walls overlooking the sun, receive an additional "charge" of thermal energy, in contrast to those on which the sun's rays never fall.
- If the house where the house is located is characterized by constant winter winds with the prevailing direction, this can also be taken in calculation .
- The climatic features of the region will be taken into account when specifying the minimum winter temperatures. Important - the temperatures though minimal, but must be normal, peculiar to this locality rather extremes that were once noted in meteorological observations.
- Under the average degree of insulation, you can understand the walls of a log or a beam with a thickness of about 200 mm or brickwork in two bricks. Full insulation is when thermal insulation is made in all the rules and in full volume , based Conducted Heat engineering Calculations . Indoor S. at all Remulent walls to use electric heating - just madness, since electricity costs will be colossal, yes yet And without a special result in the end.
- The following two points will allow to roughly estimate the level of heat loss through the floor and overlap.
- «Classic "ways heat loss are windows. And the amount depends on the quality of windows and from the total area of glazing. All this will be taken into account after filling the following four fields. .
- Finally, if the room has a door that goes outside, on a cold balcony or other unheated premises, each her The opening is accompanied by the influx of cold air. This also requires relevant compensation.
- The final result will be shown in watts and kilowatts. It will serve as a guide to acquire the heater of the required power.
Important - The power shown will provide high-quality room heating in the harshest conditions, that is, at the peak of the winter Kholodov . But in practice it turns out that such conditions in winter are observed throughout a few weeks, a maximum of month. So, the rest of the time the significant proportion of the capabilities of the heater remains unclaimed. AND so Owning the result obtained - there is no point, and a completely sufficient operational reserve is already obtained specified.
A couple of spring and autumn weeks are those short periods when it comes to problems with heating in apartments, and the demand for heaters increases sharply. If you do not want to freeze and constantly join the plaid, waiting for warm, sunny days in spring and, accordingly, the cherished heat in batteries in the fall, it is worth thinking about buying convector or Oil heater . It is these varieties of electrical heating devices that are the most popular, but what of them are better? Let's deal with!
What is it and how it works
Oil heater Very similar to the usual heating battery, equipped with wheels, power cable and a number of controls. In contrast to the stationary system inside the sections of this heater, it is not water, but, as you can easily guess by the title, the oil heated internally inside the Tan.
All modern models are equipped with a temperature sensor that automatically turns off the heating when a certain threshold is reached. At the same time, the oil cools much slower than water, which allows you to save on the consumption of electricity. After the temperature drops below the set limit, the heater will turn on again.
As for the design features, oil heaters are almost always mobile devices, that is, they are supplied with wheels and handles, which makes it easy to move them from the room into the room.
The operation of such devices is based on the principle of convection - the natural movement of the air masses, in which the warm air always strives to up. Schematically, you can build such a chain: TEN is heating oil, oil - housing - the case is the nearest air volume. Warm air is understood upward, and its place occupies a cold stream. This process is constantly repeated, due to which heat is diverged throughout the room.
Some model of oil heaters have a small fan that helps speed up the heating of the room, but it is worth remembering that the smaller the impeller, with the greater speed it rotates, and therefore, the more noise.
Advantages and disadvantages
Summing up the interim result, the following positive aspects of oil heaters can be noted:
- silent (models without a fan),
Does not do without minuses:
- The radiator is heated, which can lead to burn or damage to items,
- The device is sufficiently heavy, which can cause difficulties when moving and danger during falling;
- Lower efficiency - more energy is spent on oil heat than direct air heating,
- Below the speed of heat propagation.
What is it and how it works
Already by the name of the device, it is clear that it also works on the principle of convection, but its design has significant differences from the oil heater.
It consists of two main parts:
- heating element created from a plurality of flat metal plates,
- Protective perforated casing.
Convectors We are produced in two varieties: mobile on wheels and stationary with the possibility of wall mount. Regardless of this, they work the same - the heating element connected to the power grid through the thermostat, which monitors the temperature of the device and the room, simply heats the air inside the protective case.
Since the intermediary in the form of oil between the heating elements and the air masses is absent, the heating occurs faster, and the device operates at lower temperatures, since all the heat allocated immediately passes the air.
Advantages and disadvantages
Despite the fact that the design of the convectors is much simpler, they have tangible advantages:
- silent job
- Fast air heating,
- The presence of a body protecting burns,
- smaller energy loss when heated,
- A smaller temperature during operation - the heating element is heated only to 60 degrees against 90-95 in the oil heater.
The disadvantages of such devices are a bit, but they are:
- price is not too high, but more than in oil heaters,
- The need to install - models on wheels are quite rare.
So, if you still have not decided on which of the two varieties of devices is better - convector or oil heater, let's try to prompt two solutions.
If you are the owner of the apartment and periodically use the heater, boldly acquire convector And make it installation on the wall. It is somewhat more expensive, but it will fit well in the interior and will cope with warm-up warm days much faster.
If you remove housing or simply do not want to put in the purchase and installation - buy Oil heater . He will delight you with mobility (you can always move closer to the desktop or sofa) and a low price, but you should not forget that inexpensive models can give a flow after a short time, after which they will have to either repair or send them to the landfill.