Causes of deep dry cough
Extinguishing attacks of a deep convulsive cough - a characteristic sign of the cough. Paroxysism is provoked by any external stimuli: conversation, laughter, pain, touch, etc. The attack consists of 2-15 episodes of short cough jesters, continuously following each other. After each series, the child sharply inhales the air, which with a whistle passes through a narrowed voice gap. After the end of the attack, a small amount of transparent viscous sputum resembles a thick mucus is separated. Sometimes after a deep cough, reflex vomiting arises. The cough cough is called "Study" - it is preserved for three months, the intensity and frequency of attacks decreases gradually.
With paroxysm, the child is excited. His face blushes, eyes poured blood, noticeably swelling the cervical veins. Due to the progress of the tongue, it is possible to break or break the bridle. The muscle tension is accompanied by damage to the capillaries, the formation of many small hemorrhages on the cleaners and skin. In severe cases, the attack provokes tonic and clonic convulsions, loss of consciousness, stopping the breath (apnea), involuntary urine release, feces. Moderate catarrhal symptoms, intoxication are noted. Less expressed similar manifestations with Parakoclushe.
The emergence of a deep dry cough, which persists more than three weeks, is accompanied by a temperature of up to 37.5-38 ° C and sweating, intensifies in the second half of the night, disturbing sleep, is a serious basis for the exclusion of tuberculosis. The unproductive cough is one of the symptoms of focal and infiltrative variants of a pulmonary tuberculosis infection, it is noted in the initial period of acute disseminated pulmonary tuberculosis and outside the exacerbation in the cirrotic form of the disease. In case of Tuberculosis Tuberculosis, the symptom is manifested by biton attacks.
Tracheitis and bronchitis
The attacks of a deep unproductive cough, which over time passes into the wet, is combined with chasing, pain behind the sternum or in the chest area often indicate an inflammatory lesion of the tracheobronheal tree. In the acute process, the cough is accompanied by malaise, catarrhal signs, an increase in temperature. Frequent intense cough attacks provoke overvoltage of the respiratory muscles and muscles of the abdominal press, causing tangible muscular discomfort.
When the laryngotrach is additionally there is probing voice and discomfort in the larynx, it is possible a reactive increase in cervical lymph nodes. On the spread of inflammation against bronchi (tracheobronchitis, bronchitis) is evidenced by shortness of breath and whistling breathing characteristic of the broncho-construction. Dry deep cough is quickly replaced by low product, and then wet with mucous membranes or mucous-purulent wet. Recurrent or permanent unproductive coughing attacks with pain with deep breathing, episodes of hemopter typical for atrophic bronchitis.
Other diseases of the bronchi and trachea
Dry tracheobronchial or bronchial cough can be called unreactive causes. In these cases, its occurrence is caused by irritation of the bronchial receptor apparatus and trachea bifurcation due to the violation of the draining function or obstruction of the respiratory tract. The symptom is detected in the clinical picture of diseases such as:
- Williams-Campbell Syndrome . The underdevelopment of cartilage tissue contributes to a decrease in the tone and dyskinesia of the bronchial wall. Insufficiency of the drainage function predisposes to frequent bronchitis, pneumonia. Cough is accompanied by a noisy whistling (Stridorous) breathing, pronounced shortness of breath, the formation of the nasolabial triangle. Pathology is usually identified in early childhood.
- Broncho-constructive syndrome . Organic or functional impairment of bronchi passability other than deep unproductive or low-productive cough is manifested by noisy breathing with elongated exhalation, attacks of choking. Auxiliary musculature is involved in breathing: breast-curable-bed-like neck muscles are strained, intercostal intervals are drawn. Children have apnea attacks.
- Stenosis of the trachea and bronchi . For the congenital and acquired narrowing of the trachea, a cough-faining syndrome is typical, at which the height of the dry-baked cough is observed with a crowding with dizziness, loss of consciousness, the disorder of viscous mucus after the attack. The cough in the stenosis of large bronchi painful, parlor, combined with a streaming breathing with a difficult exhalation.
- Broncho's foreign body . In case of random hit in the respiratory tract of foreign objects, a protective reflex is triggered, which starts the bake-like cough cough. The patient experiences suffocations, the face shines, the voice disappears, it is possible to vomiting and hemoptia. A similar mechanism for the development of dry cough is typical for the adenoma of the bronchi, but the symptoms are not so acute, shortness of breath and stridorous breathing prevails.
The low-product cough is characteristic of some atypical pneumonias (chlamydial inflammation, respiratory mycoplasmosis, legionellosis), fungal and protozoa processes (candidiasis, cryptococcosis, pneumocystosis), the period of formation of an affinity in the abscess of the lungs. The intensity of the deep cough, the presence and severity of the accompanying symptoms (shortness of breath, suffocation, fever, intoxication) depend on the factor that caused inflammation. Of the abnormal pathologies with cough attacks flow:
- Diffuse pneumosclerosis . Sealing parenchyma due to the growth of connective tissue disrupts normal gas exchange in the lungs. Therefore, in addition to dry cough and thoracic pains with pneumosclerosis, shortness of breath, skin cyanosis, fast fatigue is revealed.
- Malignant lung tumors . Cough with hemlohemal and shortness of breath - early symptom of central lung cancer. In case of pelletium disease, a rough cough occurs against the background of the voices, a horn syndrome, pain in his hand and shoulder, paresthesies in the brush on the side of the lesion, comprehension of the upper hollow vein.
- Acute Atelectas Lung . The appearance of deep cough is preceded by a sharp pain in the affected half of the chest. The increasing shortness of breath is revealed, skin cyanosis. The patient has a pulse and drops hell. Typically lag behind half of the chest in breathing.
- Light damage . Supported deep cough with weakness, fever, expiratory dyspnea is developing with radial pneumonites complicating oncopathology radiotherapy. The symptom is first bothering episodically with loads, then constantly and alone.
- Antsynthese syndrome . The main pulmonary manifestations of the fibrosising alveolitis during dermatomyositis are deep cough and shortness of breath. Most patients are characterized by a combination of symptoms with fever and a phenomenon of Rhine (poverty and the cyanoticity of the fingers of the hands).
- Histiocytosis x. . A peculiarity of dry cough in people suffering from a pulmonary eosinophilic granuloma is its resistant, adsatory character. The patient also worries thoracic pain, difficulty breathing. It is possible to defeat the skin, liver, spleen, lymphadenopathy.
Cough without sputum can be preceded by acute states and serve as an initial sign of some pulmonary diseases. The symptom is observed in the lung edema, combined with rapid breathing, a feeling of constraint in the chest, dizziness. The periodic appearance of deep dry cough, shortness of breath at voltage characteristic of the first stage of pulmonary fibrosis, which can last up to 10 years.
Part of the receptors initiating the cough reflex are located in Plegre. Therefore, pathological processes with the involvement of the serous lung shell, as a rule, proceed with an unproductive cough. The symptom is often combined with chest pain, increasing during breathing, shortness of breath, cyanoticity of the skin and mucous, fever, intoxication. The appearance of deep cough without sputum is typically for dry and serous pleurisites, including tuberculosis origin. The emergence of symptom also contributes:
- Benign tumors of pleura . The growth of volumetric neoplasms is accompanied by a dry cough, shortness of breath, thoracic pains, a subfebrile temperature increase, exudation to the pleural cavity. Intercostal neuralgia is possible.
- Malignant pleural neoplasias . More quickly, such symptoms progresses with pleural metastasis and pleura cancer. Pains are painful, irradiated in a shovel, adple. Early revealed by the horner syndrome, the upper hollow vein is squeezed.
- Pneumothorax . The activation of the cough reflex occurs during the traumatic excitation of pleural receptors in patients with pneumothorax. In addition to the cough attack, there is a sharp thoracic pain, shortness of breath, cyanosis or pale panel, panic fear of death.
Sometimes the cause of an unproductive deep cough becomes the reactive excitation of the receptors of the pleura during inflammatory and volumetric processes that occur in the abdominal organs adjacent to the diaphragm. The symptom describes in the clinic of subadiaphragmal abscess, cysts of the spleen, although the leaders in such cases are other signs of listed pathologies.
Diseases of the esophagus
The excitation of receptors of the tracheobronchial tree is observed due to their squeezing in patients suffering from epibroscial diverticulas of the esophagus. For large sizes, the dummy cough is complemented by dysphagia, exhausting non-fulfilled food and air, nausea, unpleasant smell of mouth. For the cancer of the esophagus, a combination of progressive dysfagia, dry cough, sensation of pain and "lump" for sternum, depletion due to malnutrition.
Volume of mediastinal formation
The compression of bronchi, provoking casing, occurs during lymphoma and other mediastinal tumors, mediastinal cysts, aortic aneurysm. After the stage of asymptomatic flow, such diseases are manifested by a thoracic pain of different intensity, signs of compression of other breasts - attacks of deep cough, dysphagia, shortness of breath. Headaches and dizziness are possible due to the violation of the venous outflow from the head at the pressure of the volume formation on the upper hollow vein.
With dilatation cardiomyopathy and the pericardic oxytic cysts, the leading cause of dry chest cough is the reaction of comprehensive bronchi. The diseases occur with the presence of discomfort, pain in the precartial region, heartbeats, interruptions, shortness of breath, against which the dry cough periodically appears. With pericade and post-infarction syndrome, a key role in the implementation of a coup reflex is played by the reaction of the pleura. Swashing appears on the background of shortness of shortness of shortness of shortness of breath, moderate or severely stubborn or thoracic pain.
A number of professional diseases are manifested by an unproductive cough, which amazed bronchio and lungs - silicosis, silicatosis, berylliosis. At the beginning of the disease, there is usually dry cuffs, which is gradually replaced by an increasing cough and aggravated with shortness of breath, chest pain, fast fatigue, signs of respiratory failure. Profitology develops in patients, for a long time inhaling dust with silica dioxide and silicates, pairs of beryllium, smoke with its connections. In the latter case, a severe acute course with conjunctivitis and hyperthermia is possible.
The causes of a deep parchus of the cough with allergic lesions of the bronchi and lungs are bronchospasm, swelling and hypersecretion of the mucous membrane when allergens, to which the organism is sensitized. A distinctive feature of the cough episode is the emergence against the background of choking or shortness. Often, at the end of the attack, the patient expectors a small amount of viscous mystery of sputum. The development of deep allergic cough is noted with such pathological conditions as:
- Asthmatic bronchitis . The obstruction of medium and large bronchi due to an allergic reaction of the immediate or slow-type causes the attacks of dry cough with noisy difficult exhalation and expiratory breath. The disease is provoked by inhalation of dust, fluff, pet wool, pollen plants, in a number of patients serves as a manifestation of food, vaccine, drug allergies, or a consequence of transferred respiratory infections.
- Bronchial asthma . The cough of asthmatic origin usually proceeds apart and combines with other signs of bronchial obstruction - heard at a distance of wheezing, expiratory breath, an episodically arising intricate. Dry cough along with nasal embezzlement, skin itching, anxiety and sleep disorders serves as a precursor binding. Astmatic suffocity itself is accompanied by a low-productive cough with a meager viscous mocroid.
- Allergic Alveolit . The atopic damage to the alveoli and interstitial pulmonary fabric is characterized by a clinical picture of inflammation. Allergic alveolitis is often preceded by a long massive contact with an allergen. The appearance of increasing shortness of breath and dry cough is typically for acute and subacute disease. The symptom manifests against the background of increasing temperature, chills, headaches, general malaise resembling the symptoms of ARVI.
- Systomomatic dermatitis . The allergic component is the leading in the development of a low-product deep cough during the re-parasitic lesion of the skin as a result of the introduction of larvae with schistosomes inhabitants in natural reservoirs. The appearance of cough seizures with increasing temperature and headaches contributes to the sensitization of the body after the previous invasion. The symptom is observed against the background of typical lesions of the skin - urticaria, skin, red spots and nodules, edema.
The diagnosis of the causes of deep dry cough is usually a therapist or family doctor. According to the testimony, consultations are appointed specialists. The primary survey is aimed at assessing the state of the lower airway departments, with whose defeat is most often determined by the symptom. The priority recommended examination methods are:
- Radiological studies . Usually, fluorography or light radiography is carried out as screening. X-ray diagnostics makes it possible to detect inflammatory changes, malformations, signs of system processes, volumetric formations in the mediastinum, chest.
- Express Diagnostics of Tuberculosis . It is prescribed with a long-term unprecedented cough, the presence of information about contacts with patients with tuberculosis infection, the patient affiliation to risk contingents. The tuberculin test or molecular genetic test is shown.
- Serological studies . Due to the lack of or scanty volume of an expectant sputum, microbiological sowing is usually unrelated. Therefore, reef, IFA, PCR diagnostics are more often performed to eliminate the possible infectious process.
The overall blood test is made to identify acute bacterial inflammation, in which the ESP increases, leukocytosis is noted, the leukocyte reduction formula shift, as well as allergic processes occurring with eosinophilia. At the following diagnostic stages, additional pulmonary examination methods are often assigned (bronchography, bronchoscopy, study of the function of external respiration, ultrasound of pleura and mediastinum, tomography of organs located in the chest, etc.), allergerographs.
Radiography of the chest organs is used to detect pathological processes
The periodic appearance of a deep dry cough attacks or its preservation for 5-7 days, especially in combination with a subfebrile or high temperature, other respiratory impairments (shorts, suffocation), thoracic pains - a serious basis for circulation for qualified medical help. Self-medication in such cases is unacceptable. The patient is recommended to limit the motor activity, and when fever and poor well-being to observe the bed regime.
It is important to provide regular ventilation and sufficient humidification of air indoors. Before detection of the reasons for a deep cough to mitigate the symptom and removal of intoxication, there is recommended abundant drinking of compotes from dried fruits, mines of fresh berries, juices, warm tea. Effectively use of warm alkaline beverages - non-carbonated mineral water, heated milk with a small amount of soda. With a reasonable suspicion of the cough, a sick child or an adult from bright light, noise, other stimuli should be protected.
Author, editor and medical expert - Hammel Irina Vladimirovna.
Last update date: 03/22/2021
QUANTITY OF VIEWINGS: 502 415
Average time reading: 8 minutes
Causes of dry cough in adults uniformity Kashlyak What doctors refer to thegnostic to treat dry cough in adults
Dry frequent cough can be a symptom of not only the diseases of the respiratory tract, but also diseases of the cardiovascular system, the gastrointestinal tract, and also be able to occur for other reasons. Therefore, the treatment of dry cough must be carried out under the supervision of a doctor, on the basis of the diagnosis 1,2,3 .
Top to content
Causes of dry cough in adults
With a dry cough, the wet is not produced, and cough receptors are annoyed due to pathological processes or foreign bodies that are localized in the respiratory tract, the circumference of large bronchi, pleura 2.
Causes caused by cough are divided into two groups:
1) pulmonary; 2) extrap.
Light causes - Lungs and / or Bronchi diseases (bronchitis, chronic obstructive bronchitis, alveolite, pneumonia, bronchial asthma, tuberculosis, lung tumors) 3,4. .
Diseases of Lor Organs
Cokels, Flu, ORVI and others
Impact on the respiratory paths of tobacco smoke and irritating reagents, household chemicals, insecticides
Reception of drugs (receiving medicines with side reactions in the form of cough)
1) Inhibitors of angiotensin gluttering enzyme (enalapril, captopril, leasing, perindopril); 2) beta-blockers (amiodar, propranolol, carvedilol, metoprolol, anaprilin); 3) methotrexate, nitrofuran, sulfasalazine and others.
Pathology of the organs of the mediastinum (anomalies of development, damage, inflammation, tumors)
The pathology of the bodies that are located between the right and left pleural cavities: ascending and downward departments of the aorta, heart, thymus, trachea and main bronchi, large veins, nerves, lymph nodes
Diseases of the digestive system
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other
Neurotic psychogenic cough
Stressful situations and emotional experiences
Top to content
The cough duration can help determine its category and thereby narrowing the number of diagnosis options. The duration differences cough:
1) acute (short-term) - up to 3 weeks; 2) subacute (protracted) - 3-8 weeks; 3) chronic (long) - more than 8 weeks 1.
In most cases, complaints about a sharp dry cough are connected with ARVI. One of the most frequent causes of chronic dry cough - diseases of the ENT organs.
The character of cough changes over the disease. In the first days a dry cough appears. The mucous membrane flows from the nose on the rear wall of the nasopharynx and annoys the coughing receptors in the throat. Then the dry cough is replaced by wet, which brings relief, as the sputum is formed, and the cough reflex helps to clean the respiratory tract from it 1.5 . Against the background of elevated body temperature, with insufficient consumption of patients with fluid, the sputum is thickened, and the wet cough can transform again into dry 2.7 .
By the nature of the wet branch, a wet cough is classified:
1) productive (the patient separates the sputum); 2) with a difficult wet (unproductive) 2.
Viscous sputum is impossible or difficult to clench that provokes new cough attacks 6. It may impede the detection of sputum with an unproductive wet cough:
1) insufficiently pronounced cough reflex; 2) high viscosity of sputum; 3) pronounced obstruction of bronchi (spasm and narrowing) 1.
Top to content
What doctors to contact
First of all, you should contact the therapist, which will identify the diagnosis and prescribe adequate treatment. If necessary, to clarify the diagnosis, it is possible to send a patient for an infectious background, a pulmonologist, cardiologist, an immunologist allergist or a gastroenterologist.
Top to content
The most often sharp dry cough accompanies ARVI. The diagnosis is established by clinical features: an increase in body temperature, a runny nose, a throat, cough, overeating. Additional examination in this case is inappropriate 1,8,9 .
With a dry cough, accompanying laryngitis, pharyngitis and rhinitis, usually the otolaryngologist makes a diagnosis without additional surveys. To confirm the diagnoses of the front, sinusitis and sinusitis, the ENT doctor sends a patient to the radiography of the incomplete sinuses or a computed tomography of the apparent sinuses of the nose.
With suspicion of other diseases, the doctor may assign:
1) radiography and / or computed tomography of the chest oily organs; 2) spirometry to estimate the functional state of the lungs; 3) bacterial sowing, microscopy and cytological examination of sputum; 4) electrocardiography, echocardiography, research of specific markers 1.
Top to content
How to treat dry cough in adults
Frequent delusion is an uncontrolled reception of antitussive tools, without taking into account the causes of dry cough. However, dry cough may be a symptom of diseases in which these drugs are ineffective. For example, with a gastroesophageal reflux, when the cough occurs due to the casts of the contents of the stomach in the esophagus. Or with the cough of allergic nature - in this case it is necessary to install an allergen and eliminate its impact.
If the cough is a side effect of a drug, for example, "drotted" cough, then the doctor must warn about it and make a replacement if necessary 1.
The danger of dry cough is the manifold of causing it causes, generating erroneous self-diagnosis and self-treatment. Therefore, when dry cough occurs, especially prolonged and no temperature, you must refer to the doctor.
Depending on the cause and nature of cough for reasonable therapy, drugs are used 1,3,5 :
1) the overwhelming cough; 2) diluted sputum (musolitic); 3) contributing to the removal of sputum (expectorant).
Overwhelming cough drugs prescribed with a painful dry cough, accompanying cough, tracheobronchial dyskinesia or reducing respiratory tract. Indications for the appointment of drugs of this group are extremely limited.
With bronchitis (infectious inflammation of mucosa of the bronchi), the viscosity increases and the mobility of sputum is reduced. Emergency cough products are not used, as they will inhibit the cough reflex and slow down the liberation of the bronchi from the secret. You should appoint Mulitatic and / or expectorant To wet sputum, reduce its sticking to the surface of the bronchi, increasing cough efficiency ten .
Rational therapy for acute and chronic diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract is aimed at the translation of a dry or unproductive wet cough with a difficult toothbrope in the wet productive. The purpose of treatment is the restoration of the airways and elimination of irritation of the mucous membrane. As a result, cough stops 7.10. .
Choosing, than to treat a dry cough in adults, especially those who suffer from concomitant chronic diseases, often preferences are given to multicomponent drugs of plant origin 2,7,11,12 .
Syrup Dr. Mom ®It contains extracts of ten medicinal plants in combination with levomentol. The drug contributes to the purification of the bronchi, the discharge and removal of sputum, the removal of inflammation. Suitable for symptomatic therapy of acute and chronic respiratory diseases, which accompanies a dry cough or cough with a hardwood wet (pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis).
Syrup Dr. Mom ®can be used to treat children from 3 years and adult thirteen .
For the treatment of dry cough in adults, you can take plant loaflines Dr. MOM ®which contain extracts of three medicinal plants and have anti-inflammatory and expectorant effects 14 .
Preparations of the line Dr. Mom ®they are released from pharmacy without a recipe 13,14 .
The information in this article is referenced and does not replace the professional consultation of the doctor. For the diagnosis and treatment of treatment, refer to a qualified specialist.
You may also be interested
"How to remove the night cough?" "Cough with wheezing" "acute tracheit" "Headache with influenza"
Top to content
- Zaitsev A.A. Cough // Clinical gerontology. - 2015. - № 1-2. - P. 3-12.
- Trukhan D.I., Bahaisheva N.V. Differential diagnosis and treatment of cough at the primary health care phase // Therapy. - 2017. - № 1 (19): 77-86.
- Respiratory medicine: Guide at 3 tons. / Ed. A. G. Chuchalina / M.: Litterra, 2017. - T. 1. - C.413-422.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Clinical recommendations. Russian respiratory society. 2018. - 89 p.
- Klimova E.A., Samoshkin E.S. Dry cough: Analytical Review // Infectious Diseases: News, Opinions, Training. - 2013. - №2. - P. 39-44.
- Mizernitsky Yu.L., Sulaimanov Sh.A. Modern combined vegetable preparations in the practice of the pulmonologist // Medical Council. - 2019. - № 11. - P. 82-88.
- Vertinina M.V., Khomenya A.A., Nechaeva G.I. Comparative effectiveness of the treatment of infectious and post-infectious cough with acute respiratory infections in adults // RMW. - 2016. - № 16. - P. 1073-1081.
- Influenza and acute respiratory viral infections: modern rational etiotropic and pathogenetic therapy. Algorithms for the provision of medical care for patients: Methodical recommendations / M.: Specialkniga, 2018 - 20 p.
- Influenza in adults. Clinical recommendations. 2017. - 57 p.
- Orlova N.V. Cough in the review of modern recommendations // Medical Council. - 2019. - No. 6. - S.74-81.
- Savlevich E.L., Kurkina A.I., Doroschenko AD, Busovikova O.V. Multilateral look at the problem of a low-product cough // Medical Council. - 2015. - №16. - P.90-94.
- Delyagin V.M. Choice of cough therapy (spiral development) // Medical Council. - 2019. - № 11. - P. 60-66.
- Instructions for the use of syrup Dr. MOM ®/ HTTPS RF / Https: //Grls.rosminzdrav.ru/Grls_View_v2.aspx? RoutingGuid = 167A2755-08F0-45E5-A51A-001E8A7435E8 & T = Date of handling. - 22.06.2020
- Instructions for use Herbal Pastili from cough Dr. MOM ®/ GRAS RF / https: //grls.rosminzdrav.ru/Grls_View_v2.aspx? RoutingGuid = 3A13FAD6-3DF9-4266-85FB-2767CFADB5DF & T = Date of handling. - 22.06.2020
Did you know that cough is an important and necessary function of the body? After all, cough is a natural reflex, with the help of which the rotogling, and the tracheobronchial tree, and the lungs themselves are cleaned. And it is often necessary to defend themselves - from dust and smoke, from irritating food, from randomly falling foreign bodies, from accumulating secrets of the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract. It is very important that this maneuver can use the body without a delay.
According to the statistics of visits in the clinic, at the reception at the therapist and pediatrician, the most common complaint - on cough, and the most hot desire for patients who came to the reception - so that the doctor "listened" to the lungs and bronchi. This is due to the fact that whatever we have been hardened, we constantly overtake seasonal viral diseases that are almost always manifested by a runny nose, sore throat and cough.
With a conventional viral cold, the cough is most often dry, adsatory. It is caused by either a flow of separated nasal sinuses along the rear wall of the pharynx, the so-called postnasal chapels, or by replication (introduction) of viral structures into the mucous membrane of the trachea and bronchi.
See also: How to treat cough
Since the mucule is irritated when coughing, it is enhanced, thereby the vicious circle is formed: the cough enhances irritation, and the irritation enhances the cough. However, with the correct understanding of the nature of the cough symptom, it is possible to help yourself and close this unpleasant period.
5 receptions stop dry cough:
- Moisturize nasal mucosa and larynx using sprays with sea water and warm sparing drink.
- At the time of the start of the bias, the cough delay the breath and start counting, for example, to 5, and only then allow themselves to flip off.
- You can still smooth out saliva or drink water with very small sips, if you do not want to "harm" for a long time.
- When the throat in the throat helps the resorption of lollipops with menthol.
- You can distract your child, offering something interesting at the time of coughing.
What is harmful to do if the dry cough is worried:
- Smoking. At this time, smoking even more harmful than usual. Smoking people are recommended to use their painful state and forever throw a bad habit.
- Supercool. And also overload the body with work and sports. This may cause complications due to the attachment of a bacterial infection.
- Take mercolitics. These are medicines and tinkers, growing the production of sputum with a dry cough. It is completely no need to stimulate the work of glassworm cells producing mucus, this is an excessive load for the body, especially since there is data on transamination (distribution) viruses in the shell and tissue in this process.
- Drink antibitals. It is ineffective and even dangerous to take such potent drugs as antibiotics if there is no indisputable evidence of the bacterial nature of cough. Preventive intake of antibiotics is also inappropriate, it's like to wear a hat and a scarf in the summer so as not to frozen in winter.
With a satisfactory overall condition of the patient, dry cough does not require treatment neither by antibiotics or means of increasing sputum generation. However, at the beginning of the ARVI Disease, accompanied by a dry cough, it is appropriate to discuss with the attending physician the possibility of receiving antitussive drugs of central action that affect the cough center in the brain, in order to normalize the rest and sleeping a child or an adult.
On the eve of holidays with my own patients, there was an extremely unpleasant situation: Mom sought to cure his four-year-old daughter from cough, that instead of the New Year's Eve, the girl was in the hospital with pneumonia. And the reason for this was Mine Fear of the usual cold cough.
The woman did not regret money by buying a medicine for a child and inhalation to enhance wet wet, seeking to translate a dry cough into wet. At the same time, an alarming mother simultaneously began to give funds blocking cough syndrome. The sputum, stiguously released after syrups and inhalation, could not be removed from the body, since other drugs suppressed cough. As a result, conditions were created for the development of pneumonia, fortunately successfully cured in the hospital.
Fear of this mother is understandable and very common, because the coupling person causes the most stormy emotions in those who are near. This is sympathy, and irritation, and even dishes, especially from random travelers in transport. However, the woman very much hurt her daughter, trying to treat cough without observing the doctor.
All antitussive drugs are divided into "for coughing" and "from cough". The preparations "for cough" include musolics that dilute sputum, and expectorant means, which make it easier to eliminate sputum.
And the medications "from cough", they are also called antitussive, possess the opposite effect and suppress the cough reflex directly in the brain.
Both groups of drugs may contain as part of not only chemicals, but also vegetable components.
The most important thing - Preparations "for cough" and "from cough" never apply at the same time!
When to doctor?
If, against the background of a general satisfactory condition, the cough does not pass within 5-7 days, you should consult with a doctor who will most likely prescribe a general blood test and other surveys to eliminate serious pathology.
Now there is a tendency to a long period of cough after a viral disease, sometimes it lasts up to 8 weeks. However, if there are no blood impurities or pus in sputum, elevated body temperature longer than 5 days, deviations in laboratory tests of blood and sputum, as well as changes in radiological examination of the chest organs, it is necessary to comply with calm and patiently wait for a safe permission to resolve the process.
Urgently to the doctor: if one of the listed is present, then a speedy and thorough inspection of an experienced therapist or pediatrician is required.
So be healthy and respect the cough reflex so that it is easy to get rid of all unnecessary in the respiratory tract.
How to quickly cure a dry cough in an adult
December 12, 2018.
Dry cough testifies to the presence of a serious illness or complication. There is a legitimate question - what and how to treat it?
Doctors tend to recommend to abandon the detrimental effects on the respiratory tract - loud conversations, smoking, cold drink drinks, etc. Sometimes a diet is also needed, an exception from the diet of saline, fried dishes, smoked meals and a number of other harmful products.
But first of all, you should consult a doctor. Competent diagnostics and correctly designated treatment - mandatory conditions for the patient's successful recovery.
Selection of therapy
This is the prerogative of a medical specialist (based on the survey). Therapeutic technique relies on the accuracy of identifying the causes of pathology and a number of individual patient features.
In the presence of a cold illness, the patient is prescribed:
Allergy detection entails the need for competent selection of antihistamine drugs.
Inflammatory pathologies localized in the throat and the upper respiratory tract require the use of a large complex of drugs. The patient determines the course of antibacterial treatment.
Effective forms of treatment and preventive measures
Cash attacks are associated with the fact that the sputum is too viscous and it is impossible to exhaust. It is necessary to create conditions for the removal of the pathological flora.
The patient should ensure the availability of wet fresh air. He is prescribed abundant drinking, a number of special exercises for cleaning respiration and special drugs, most often of plant origin.
During treatment, stressful situations, smoking should be avoided, eliminate the possibility of side effects.
You can order and buy medicines (including rare drugs for the treatment of cough) in the network of budget pharmacies.