Deleting the password when starting the system - a bad idea, if you have a computer in a private house to which no one, besides you, never touches. In this case, why not delete your password?
But still we insist that the password, as well as biometric authentication or at least PIN, is still a good idea in case your computer is lost or will be stolen, and also if someone passing by , Decides to dig in it. But, if you are sure that such risks are not applicable to you, read on.
If suddenly the situation change (for example, you will have a neighbor around the room), you can also use our instructions to return the password to log in to the Windows 10 system
Where in Windows 10 management accounts and passwords
To remove or on the contrary, put a password in the Windows 10 in the system. We need a credential management program called " NetPlwiz " When you start this application, a computer account with account accounts, wherever each account you can install or remove the password. But how to find this program? There are several ways:
1. Search in the "Start" menu
Click the Start menu in Windows 10, follow the "NETPLWIZ" in the search string and select the same program in the results. After starting the NETPLWIZ through the Start menu, you must see the dialog box with the accounts created on the desktop.
2. Program "Perform"
To begin with, you need to run the "Run" utility by closing simultaneously on the keyboard key "Win + R". In the field of entering the opening windows, we enter " NetPlwiz "What will delete and launch the program you need in the system. You can also enter and " Control UserPasswords2. "It will also lead us to the desired password management screen.
3. Windows Explorer
Open "My Computer", open a disk with system folders (usually a C drive), and then the Windows folder. The application you need is stored in the System32 folder named NetPlwiz .
How to disable password for local account when turned on
After you have found the NETPLWIZ app, you need to run it. The window that opened gives you access to user accounts and multiple password management elements. Next, follow these steps:
- On the right above the check box opposite the configuration " Require user name and password " Remove this check box. Approve the changes by clicking the "OK" or "Apply" button below.
- Next, enter your former password. When you confirm the changes by clicking "Apply", you must reaffirm the password. Enter it twice, and everything is ready.
The next time you reboot you no longer need to enter the password.
Alternative way to complete password deletion for account
If you want to completely demolish the password for a local account, then follow the path:
- Open the command line in any available way (let's say, through the search in "Start")
- After specifying the folder with system files, we prescribe the command: Net User. and click ENTER. Wait a couple of seconds and all the system accounts will appear before you. You need to copy the name of the account that you will delete the password.
- Then we prescribe into the command line NET User username "" and also tap the key ENTER. In quotes, you should enter the name of the account without spaces. If the name includes several parts, then each of them will have to be taken in quotes.
You will delete the password with such actions on the command line, which means that the next time you log in to the password you will not request.
What are the errors in managing accounts
1. Invalid password.
If for some reason you entered the wrong password, when you reboot, you will probably see an error message. On the screen you may not appear alone, but two accounts to choose from. They are both identical, but you still have to log in with a PIN code or password.
IT specialist. Site administrator. We will advise you on many issues from the field of information technology!
Ask a Question
Oddly enough, NetPlwiz does not have a mechanism that allows you to check the accuracy of the password match. If you manage to enter a wrong password twice, you will see an error message only when rebooting. The Windows will then show two identical accounts that will require a re-logging on you. As soon as you do, just return to NetPlwiz and enter the correct password.
Keep in mind if your computer belongs to the employer, your company administrator can force the password using the local group policy editor in Windows, and our instructions may not work (will not be available for you.)
2. Activation of Windows Hello Program
You may, when updating the version of the system, you have somehow enabled the Windows Hello feature. It can interfere with password control for account. To solve the problem, you need to go through this path:
"Start" - Menu "Options" - Rubric "Accounts"
On the left in the column with configurations we find "Entry options", And on your right to manage the settings for Windows Hello. This parameter must be turned off. If this is not the case, then slide the switch into an inactive position. When you were convinced that it does not interfere again, go to our instruction above to disable the password in the NetPlwiz program.
3. Old password lost
If you do not remember the password for account and lost access to your files on a laptop - do not despair, everything is possible to restore.
- Password recovery On Microsoft. To begin with, decide whether a Microsoft account? If you have been registered on the site, restore the password you can from a computer or phone there on the registration / authorization page. To do this, you also need to have a phone or access to the mail that you used during registration.
- Restoration Access with the help of test questions. If you entered control questions when creating a local account, then the restoration task is noticeably facilitated. After 3 incorrect password inputs, the system will task you all three check questions, responding to which you restore the password. And how to remove it, we have already written above.
- Password reset with boot disk with Windows 10. . If you have not been able to restore the password, you can do it in the BIOS via the command line.
Yes, instruction helped me
No, looking for another option
I will write your question in the comments ...
And last: if you want to keep your PC safe, but you hate passwords, then you can enter the system using PIN or with help Windows Hello. Unless, of course, your computer supports the identification of the fingerprint or scanning face.
Disable the password request when entering Windows
On a computer of each user, and regardless of whether this is a computer or worker, there is a certain information that is not intended for the eye of other people, including family members.
It is for the safety of such information that you need to protect your Windows password account, which will be requested when the computer is turned on / restart or after it outputs it from the sleep mode.
Despite the fact that many information security specialists for such protection include a large share of skepticism (since the tools on the blocking tools exist in excess), the extrastation of the defense has not yet prevented anyone.
Another thing, if the computer is only in solely use, and the permanent entry of the password only distracts, and does not provide additional protection.
This article is just designed to help all users who are looking for ways to disable the password input request when entering into account Windows 10. How and with how can this be done? Is it safe? On answers to these and other questions and will be discussed.
Immediately it is worth notify that by turning off the password for entering the account (hereinafter referred to as "UZ") you fully and fully assume responsibility for the safety of your data, as well as data that has been trusted with other people. If someone gets access to your "ultrasound", then with the consequences of this circumstance to deal with you. The main selection of this is that you should not neglect the means of protection in any of their manifestation.
It should be understood that to implement the options that will be described below requires your account to have administrator rights. This is a small but important nuance, without complying with nothing.
Therefore, if your computer is "working" and is given to you temporary use, then with this question and request to contact your system administrator, in whose permissions there is a solution to a similar question.
How to disable password input
So, there are many ways to disable the password request, and within the question of the question under consideration will be described by several of the most efficient options that have repeatedly reversed users.
It will not be superfluous to clarify that in most cases the use of one option does not solve the problem completely. For example, disabling the password request in the "UZ" settings, it can be requested when you exit the "Sleep" mode, turning it off and there, it can be requested automatically, since the Windows definition function is built in Windows, etc. There are many options, no less solutions.
Therefore, in order to achieve maximum result, check all the following options. And this is exactly what should be done.
It is the easiest in implementation, since it requires only the following for its implementation:
- Press "Win + R" and enter "NETPLWIZ";
- You will open the "User Accounts" window, in which you want to remove the checkbox from the "Require user name and password" string;
- In response to this query, a window will open where the system from you will need to confirm your powers, entering the password;
- After successful confirmation, you can exit the account and check if the question was decided with a password request.
If not, go to the next option.
A incomparably more complex version of execution, as well as less secure on the result of the application. To implement it, the registry editor will be applied, so it is necessary to take care of the creation of the recovery point for its own safety net.
After that, open the registry editor, for this:
- Press "Win + R" and enter "Regedit";
- Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ WinLogon";
- In order to turn on the bus program, you will need to "open" to the registry of your password from the account, respectively, this is the mentioned security problems. An attacker will sufficiently open the value of the same parameter to instantly compromise your login and password. This circumstance must be considered. To register your authorization data, change the value of the following parameters:
- "AUTOADMINLOGON" change the value to "1";
- "DefaultDomainName" specify the name of the domain or local computer;
- "DefaultPassword" This parameter is required to create, for this:
- Right-click and select "Create";
- Among the presented options, specify the "string parameter".
Then close the registry editor window and restart the computer.
As mentioned above, the password can be requested additionally when the system outputs from the Sleep / Sleep Mode mode, which also requires configuration and shutdown:
- Click "Start" and open "Parameters";
- Select the "Accounts" section;
- Open the Input Settings tab and in the "Login" block, select the "Never" parameter;
- Scroll down the page down and find the "Dynamic Lock" block;
- Install the checkbox in the "Allow WindowsAncutomatically blocking the device to your absence" string.
Alternatively, the power settings can be used as an alternative:
- Press "Win + R" and enter "PowerCFG.CPL";
- Click on the "Settings of the Power Scheme" line, which is located to the right of the active circuit;
- In the next window, click "Change Additional Power Parameters";
- Click on the "Change parameters that are not available" now and change the value of the "Require Password Using When Awakening" with "Yes", on "no".
After these actions, the output from the "Sleep" mode should be carried out without requesting the password input.
This method provides for the use of the editor of a local group policy in essence, represents the same actions as described in the embodiment under the number 3.
- Press "Win + R" and enter "gpedit.msc";
(If an error that signals the lack of "gpedit.msc" appears in response to executing the command, then your copy of the Windows version of the "home", where, by default, this functionality is not available. In order to set it, it will be necessary to perform a certain sequence of actions that are described in detail in This article.
- In the window that opens, go to "Computer Configuration" - "Administrative Templates" - "System" - "Power Management" - "Sleeping Parameters";
- Find the string "Require a password when leaving the sleep mode", click on it right mouse button and select "Change";
- Disable the function of this parameter by checking the checkbox in the appropriate line;
- After that, click "OK" and close the Local Group Policy Editor window.
Provides for the use of third-party software called "AutoLogonForWindows" (it is also known as autologous) to enable travel in the system.
Download utility you can absolutely free
From the official site Microsoft.
All that is required is to open the executable file in the downloaded archive, to accept the terms of the license agreement and enter the username and password (Password) to the appropriate fields from your account.
In response, a message appears on the successful activation of automatic login and successful encryption of the password you specify.
That's all. All five of the above options have already been repeatedly tested in practice, but should not be excluded by the presence of individual nuances that can level all attempts to remove the password request. If you encountered this situation, describe in detail your problem in the comments or ask the appropriate question on the Mego-forum.ru forum, where you will always help determine the additional ways to solve the problem.
Additionally, it is worth clarifying several moments. Some users argue that allegedly after updating the operating system to Windows version 1803, it is simply impossible to disable the password input. There is no confirmed information regarding these statements.
The presented options are fully operational and this is proof.
Perhaps the difficulties faced by these users are just belonging to the above-mentioned individual nuances.
For example, if a Microsoft account was tied to the Windows account record.
Video Proof of the successful operation of automatic login version 1803
You will also be interested:
Sooner or later, even the most patient is bored to enter each time the password when entering the operating system. Especially in situations when you are the only PC user and do not keep secret information. In this article, we will share with you in several ways that will remove the security key on Windows 10 and facilitate the logging process.
Password deletion methods on Windows 10
Turn off the password you can both using standard Windows tools and by using specialized software. Which of the described methods to choose is to solve only you. All of them workers and ultimately help to achieve the same result.
Method 1: Specialized Software
Microsoft has developed a special software called AUTOLOGON, which for you edits the registry accordingly and allows you to enter the system without entering the password.
The process of using this software in practice is as follows ::
- We go to the official page utility and click on the right side on the line "Download AUTOLOGON program" .
- As a result, the archive boot will begin. At the end of the operation, remove its contents into a separate folder. By default, it will contain two files: text and executable.
- Next will appear a small window with three fields. In field "UserName" Enter the name of the account name, and in the string "Password" Specify the password from it. Field "Domain" You can leave unchanged.
- Now apply all changes. To do this, press the button "Enable" In the same window. If everything is done correctly, you will see a notification on the screen about the successful configuration of files.
- After that, both windows will automatically close and you only need to restart the computer. No longer have to enter a password from the account. In order to return everything to the original state, start the program again and simply click "DISABLE" . A notification appears on the screen that the option is disabled.
This method is completed. If you do not want to use third-party software, then you can resort to the help of standard OS funds.
Method 2: Administration of Accounts
The method described below is one of the most popular due to its relative simplicity. To use it, you just need to perform the following actions:
- Click on the keyboard at the same time buttons "Windows" и "R" .
- The standard program window opens "Run" . It will be the only active line in which the parameter must be entered. "NETPLWIZ" . After that, click the button Ok In the same window or "ENTER" on keyboard.
- As a result, the desired window will appear on the screen. In the top of it, locate the line "Require user name and password" . Remove the tick, which is the left of this line. After that click Ok At the very bottom of the same window.
- Another dialog box opens. In field "User" Enter the full name of your account. If you use Microsoft's profile, then you need to enter all login (for example, [email protected]). In the two lower fields it is necessary to enter a valid password. Duplicate it and click the button Ok .
- Press the button Ok You will see that all windows are automatically closed. Do not be afraid. So it should be. It remains to restart the computer and check the result. If everything was done correctly, the password entry step will be absent, and you will automatically enter the system.
If in the future you want for some reason to return the password input procedure, then simply check the box again where you cleaned it. This method is completed. Now let's look at other options.
Method 3: Editing Registry
Compared to the past method, this is more complicated. You will have to edit system files in the registry, which is fraught with negative consequences in case of erroneous actions. Therefore, we are extremely recommended to accurately adhere to all given instructions so that there are no further problems. You will need the following:
- Click on the keyboard at the same time keys "Windows" и "R" .
- The program window will appear on the screen. "Run" . Enter the parameter in it "REGEDIT" and press the button Ok slightly lower.
- After that, a window with registry files opens. On the left you will see the directory tree. You need to open the folders in the following sequence:
- Opening the last folder "WinLogon" You will see the file list on the right side. Find a document with the title among them "DefaultUserName" And open it double clicking the left mouse button. In field "Value" The name of your account must be written. If you use Microsoft's profile, your mail will be indicated here. Check, whether everything is correct, then click the button Ok And close the document.
- Now you need to search the file called "DEFAULTPASSWORD" . Most likely, he will be absent. In this case, click anywhere in the right part of the PCM window and select Row "Create" . Click on the submenu on the line "String parameter" . If you have an English version of the OS, then the lines will be called "NEW" и "String Value" .
- Name a new file name "DEFAULTPASSWORD" . Now open the same document and in the string. "Value" Enter your current password from the account. After that click Ok To confirm the changes.
- It remains the last step. Find the file in the list "AUTOADMINLOGON" . Open it and change the value with "0" on the "one" . After that, we save edits by pressing the button Ok .
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ WinLogon
Now you close the registry editor and reboot the computer. If you all did according to the instructions, you will no longer need to enter the password.
Method 4: Standard OS Parameters
This method is the easiest solution in the case when you need to delete the security key. But his only and significant disadvantage is that it works exclusively for local accounts. If you are using Microsoft account, it is better to use one of the above methods. The same method is implemented extremely simple.
- Open menu "Start" . To do this, click in the lower left corner of the desktop on the button with the image of the Microsoft logo.
- Next Press the button "Options" In the menu opened.
- Now go to the section "Accounts" . Press once the left mouse button according to its name.
- On the left side of the window that opened window Find a line "Input parameters" and click on it. After that, find item "Change" in block titled "Password" . Click on it.
- In the next window, enter your current password and click "Further" .
- When a new window appears, leave all fields empty in it. Just pressed "Further" .
- That's all right. It remains to press "Ready" In the last window.
Now the password is missing and you will not need to enter it every time at the entrance.
This article approached its logical conclusion. We told you about all the methods that will allow you to disable the password entry function. Write in the comments if you have questions about the topic described. We will be happy to help. If in the future you want to set the security key back, then we recommend you to familiarize yourself with the special theme in which we described several ways to achieve the goal.
Read more: Change password in windows 10We are glad that you could help you solve the problem. Describe what you did not work.
Our specialists will try to answer as quickly as possible.
Will this article help you?WELL NO
The standard Windows 10 settings provided the window to enter a password during switching on / restarting or output from the sleep mode. Such settings are set to secure the user's confidential data from unauthorized access.
Why turn off the password
If the computer is in solely use, turning off the password window will reduce the download for a few seconds, will save from completing unnecessary monotone actions when you start working with PC.
For operating computers and those devices that have several users at home, shutdown the authorization window at the entrance is not recommended.
How in Windows 10 disable password when entering
To disable the password when entering, the administrator account will be required. There are several ways to remove the password.
Disconnection in user account settings
- Open the context menu using the right click on the Start button and select "Run" or use the Win + R keys combination.
- In the window that opens, enter the command NetPlwiz .
- Confirm the action by clicking OK.
- After the User Accounts window appears, select the user with the user who needs to deactivate the password.
- Then remove the checkbox opposite the requirement to enter data for authorization.
- Click again "OK".
After that, the system will be loaded without a password requirement.
Password change on empty
- Use the Ctrl + Alt + Del key combination.
- Click on "Edit Password".
- In the form that appeared, you should enter an old password, and leave the field with a new password and confirmation empty.
- Click on the arrow to the right of the password to confirm the password.
Option 3: Change password from account menu
- Click on "Start" with the right mouse button and select the "Parameters" menu.
- Then open the "Accounts".
- In the left side menu, locate the "Input Options" option and click on it.
- Go to the Password section and change it on empty.
- Click OK.
From the command line
- Open the context menu using the right click on the Start button or use the Win + R keys combination.
- In the new window, enter the command cmd. .
- To install an empty password in the command line you need to registerNet User ""
If you install the password, the necessary characters are specified between the quotes if the password is empty - no gaps, there is enough to sign the opening and closing of quotes.
Through "Computer Management"
- Click on "Start" with the right mouse button and select the "Run" command or use the Win + R keys combination.
- In the window that opens, enter the command MSC. The "Computer Management" window appears.
- On the right side, find "Local Users and Groups" - "Users" (Double Click).
- Find the name of the required user in the list and make the right mouse click.
- Use the "Set Password" command.
- Save the empty password and click OK.
Via registry editor
- Click on "Start" with the right mouse button and select the "Run" command or use the Win + R keys combination.
- In the new window, enter the command regedit. .
- Open the main section HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software subsection. Find a branch with Microsoft settings. Expand it further on the specified Windows NT - CurrentVersion path - WinLogon.
- Find the DefaultPassword value and specify the password to log in.
- Change the value of AUTOADMINLOGON by 1, double-clicking on it. This will include automatic login.
After that, you will need to restart the computer. The next entry into the system will already be made without a password.
There is another available way to set up automatic login to Windows 10. To use it, you will need:
- Download the AutoGon application for Windows from the Official Maykosoft website.
- Enter the user account name, domain name and password.
- Click "Enable".
AutoGon will check the parameters made and in the absence of errors apply them. After that, the launch of Windows 10 will be executed automatically without the authorization requirement.
Welcome to the channel " You are a programmer! "✨
Consider 5 simple methods, how to delete or completely remove the password in Windows 10.
First on restrictions! The recommendations are valid below only if you use a local account, not a Microsoft account.
Administrator rights may be required if your ultrasound is not administrative.
You can check it out by pressing the combination Windows + I. By choosing Accounts.
Of course, I do not recommend cleaning the password, but by contrast, I think that it needs to be set for security purposes.
However, if the need to remove the password arose, then a couple of minutes in this article and you will learn how to do it.
💾1. Using Windows Settings
- To begin with, open accounts by the following actions: Push a combination Windows + I. , choose Accounts .
- Left clicking in Input parameters and looking at the right point Password . Click on it.
- Now click on the button that appears Change .
- Enter the current password from your local ultrasound and click Further .
- In the window with the introduction of a new password, we leave all three fields empty. Just click Further .
- Now click Ready and that's it. Password removed.
Small gif for demonstration:
💾2. Using NetPlwiz.exe snap
- Push a combination Win + R. And enter the command NetPlwiz.exe. .
- In the tab Users In the table click on your account and below Change password ...
- Leave the field New password и the confirmation Empty, click OK. After that, the password will disappear.
💾3. Using Ctrl + Alt + Del
1. Press the Ctrl + Alt + Del combination on the keyboard:
2. Press Change Password .
3. Improve Sature password , and the remaining fields are left blank and press the key ENTER Or the arrow to the right after the password confirmation field.
That's all ready.
💾4. Using the control panel
- Open the control panel, for example, entering in a start or search phrase Panel UPR .
- Choose User accounts .
- Choose Changing the type of account and choose the desired local user.
- Click Change Password Introducing the current password, the remaining fields are left empty and click Save password . Ready!
💾5. Using the command line
- Run the command line from under the administration of the administrator ( Start -> We enter Cmd. -> Click on the result of the right mouse button and Run on behalf of the administrator )
- We enter the command Net User "Your username" "" - With double quotes at the end necessarily.
- Click key ENTER And ready.
You can also be interested: